Welcome home visit for resale contracts?

Does one get any such benefit when aquiring a resale DVC?

Not sure that many get it going direct, either.

Disney just sometimes facilitates a booking and finds a resort that you usually would not be able to get since inside 7 month or 11 month window?

Or they say they’ll try.

My agent from Disney definitely told us our first visit would be a "Welcome Home" visit where they would pull from their cash inventory to get us our first reservation, and, he said "so this is your time to stay at Beach Club or Polynesian or whatever".

Ah, guides say all sorts of things... I wonder if he knew your intended dates and said the resorts he knew had some availability?

MS told me it was subject to availability but they would try to get whichever resort I requested

Exactly. They’ll try. And it’s subject to availability. They say. :)

Not sure that many get it going direct, either.

Or they say they’ll try.

Ah, guides say all sorts of things... I wonder if he knew your intended dates and said the resorts he knew had some availability?

Exactly. They’ll try. And it’s subject to availability. They say. :)

Right, it is basically only if they still have some of the 5% ownership Disney retains left, which Disney usually rents for cash. If those are gone, you'd be out of luck. But it is nice to get access to those cash rooms for that first booking when you can't plan far ahead.

Now here's hoping our resale closes quickly so we can book next years vacation still in the 11 month window. *fingers crossed*

There seems to be some confusion between "Guide Holds," and "First Welcome Home." A guide hold is inventory that is held by your sales guide. This inventory is pulled from cash, so either the percentage that DVD owns or cash inventory that was created due to exchanges. This is done before the sale...A First welcome home is done after you have a member number, and is done over the phone with a Member Services CM. First welcome home also pulls from cash. FWH is available to ALL direct purchase members for their first booking only. They do however have to ask for it, though some CM's may proactively offer one. The rules behind FWH are that you have to book it within 6 months of purchase (book not necessarily travel), and it has to be your first ever booking on your membership.

My husband and I just bought our first contract into CCV direct a couple weeks ago with the intent to use it for the first time for a trip in November. Our guide wasn’t able to get us CCV but we are at PVB for the week leading up to Thanksgiving. Not too shabby! Booked just around the 7 month mark. Neither the guide nor MS used any of these terms to describe it but I have to imagine it fit into this Welcome Home visit.

Still a novice at all this but learning a lot from lurking over here :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter