• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weird Question

ncbunnie

Mouseketeer
I know this is an odd question but someone in our group has a phobia of taxidermy- stuffed deer heads and such. I know that Country Bear Jamboree is out but what about restaurants? I was specifically worried about: Le Cellier, Biergarten and CRT. Are here any moose heads or anything in those places or other places you know to avoid to make our party's trip more "Magical?" Nothing says trip-spoiler like someone having an anxiety attack! :sick:

We just ate at CRT and Le Cellier on Nov.10th and Nov.11th respectively and I don't recall seeing any stuffed heads or animals on display at either place. But I will say that they were two of the best meals that we had on the entire trip. The roasted beef tenderloin at CRT was amazing! (a nice surprise!) Of course, the filet mignon at LC was great and I highly reccommend the cream cheese mashed potatoes, also (throw in some pretzel bread and the chocolate "moose" and what a meal!). :)

They may want to skip the chocolate moose.

I'm so sorry but- :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I agree that you should call the restuarants to find out for sure. Even if a poster didn't see any during their meal, I know there is a few different seating sections in Le Cellier, so you may sit in a completely different area than that poster. Good luck!

They may want to skip the chocolate moose.

:rotfl2:

I might add that they may want to avoid any gift shop too because there are lots of "stuffed" animals in them. ;)

All jokes aside, I can't remember seeing any when we ate Le Cellier. ;)

There is a thread on the photography board of the insides of the restaurants. You could go check those pics out to see if there are any heads.

Flame me if necessary. I never had the impression that the mounted animal heads in Country Bears were real. I believe they are animatronic creations like the Presidents, or the Country Bears onstage. Could your friend suspend her anxiety if she knew they were only man-made creations with humorous human behaviors? Would she be upset to see human-size Donald or Mickey or Pooh walking around signing autographs?

I'm not sure that your friend would appreciate Remy at Les Chefs de France in Epcot.
Remy.jpg

Definitely none at LeCellier, none that I recall at CRT, haven't been to Biergarten in a while. Might have a few antler displays, but not heads.

I would be suprised to see them at a dining venue at Disney, dust collectors and have to be cleaned often since they'd be near food. So while you might encounter them in a lobby or waiting area (I'm not aware of any), I'd seriously doubt they'd be in a dining area.

Biergarten:

3080254482_fa286220cb.jpg

None.

Le Cellier:

canada-Le-Cellier.jpg

None. Reminds me of a dungeon though. Not a cellar.

CRT:

cinderellas_royal_table_banquet_hall.jpg

None, but they do have gargoyles. Those things creep me out. :upsidedow

Ditto on the gargoyles. Those things are freaky. Had a new neighbor put one of their deck rail, and I'm telling you it was all I could do to not pitch a tennis ball at it to knock it off the rail, for it to stop looking at me. For some reason, one day they moved it... Saved me from vandalism!!!:rotfl:

OP...I feel the same way. I hate eating somewhere there is "heads" watching me.
I am not a vegetarian, and I love animals....so I hate seeing them hanging on the walls.

I have eaten at CP, WCC, Sci-fi, Ohana, LeCellier, SAI, CM, Tony's, LTT, and I don't remember seeing any thing hanging on the walls.

They would have freaked out at the Adventurer's Club then back in the day - not only heads on the wall, but they talk back. :scared1:

LOL to all the help! Thanks for all the advice!

I think maybe turning Le Cellier into a dungeon theme could be a million dollar making idea for us! Disney theming where no restaurant has gone before... skeletons hanging from the walls in chains, rats running around, little torture chamber! It'd be great! :rotfl2:

Seriously I think the deal is like another poster said- just being generally freaked out by something "watching" you while you eat. I'm surprised more kids aren't scared by the gargoyles though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter