Weight Watchers -Recipe Swap anybody?

anniet

DIS Veteran
I know I'm always looking for good weight-watchers recipes, so I'd figure I'd offer my favorite here and hope that other weight watchers will post theirs in return. Then we can print out the thread and hopefully have a bunch of new points friendly recipes.

Here goes::)

Cranberry Pork Roast

Vegetable Cooking Spray
1 3lb. boneless pork loin roast (trimmed of fat)
1 16 oz. can jellied whole-berry cranberry sauce
1/4cup steak sauce
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons cornstarch

1. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray;place over medium-high heat. Add roast;cook until browned on all sides. Place roast in a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker coated with cooking spray.

2. Combine cranberry sauce and next 3 ingredients; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low heat 8 hours or on high heat 4 to 5 hours. Remover roast from sauce; Cover roast to keep warm.

3. Combine water and cornstarch, stirring until smooth. Slowly stir cornstarch mixture mixture into sauce in slow cooker. Pour mixture into a 1 quart microwave-safe glass measure. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Serve roast with gravy. Yield:12 servings. 6 points per serving. (252calories/17g.carbs/9.3g.fat/23.5g.protein/0g.fiber)

I made these a few nights ago, and they were delicious!!!

Taco Squares

1 can crescent rolls (I used the reduced fat kind)
8 oz ground beef
3/4 c. chopped green pepper
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 3/4 c. tomato sauce
8 oz can red kidney beans, slightly mashed
1 tbsp taco seasoning
3/4 c. shredded reduced fat taco or cheddar cheese

In large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, saute meat, green pepper and onion until meat is browned and veggies are tender. Add tomato sauce, kidney beans, and taco seasoning. Lower heat and simmer until heated thru.

Meanwhile, pat rolls in 13 x 9 pan sprayed with cooking spray, be sure to seal the perforations. Bake 6-9 minutes until lightly browned.

Spread meat mixture over crust. Continue baking an additional 10 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over and bake another 5 minutes, until the cheese melts.

Let stand 2-3 minutes before serving.

Serves 12.
3 Weight Watchers Points per serving.

Thanks tiggerlover!!! I did miss that thread....it was started when I was still in WDW.

I'm going to print it out!

Thanks again!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter