Weight Watchers Is So Proud!-how To Gain 10lbs In 8 Days!!

KMLOVESWDW

DIS VETERAN
This is my first dining review so I don't know how to organize all the info. I'll give it my best shot! This eating fest was me (34) & Dh (38). On DDP also.

Day 1: Liberty Tree Tavern: Had lunch ressies for 2:30 & waited about 5 minutes to sit. DH had tavern cheese, sandwich heard around the world, & an apple caramel pie. I had the crab cake, william penn pasta & the buttered griddled pound cake with caramel pecan sauce & vanilla ice cream. We really enjoyed this meal alot. Could have done without the apps-they were ok. Everything else we really loved. Dh sandwich was huge & my pasta dish was just right-the sauce wasn't too heavy & the chicken was tender. Dessert was my favorite of the whole trip & this was only our first meal. Service was good & we had a nice table by the window & could see the 3:00 parade go by. This is a must to for our next trip. We went to Aloha Isle for a snack-DH got the dole float & I got a dole whip twist with vanilla. Don't know if I would get another one, but it was refreshing. Dinner that night was at Riverside Mill as we were staying at POR. I got a burger/fry combo & Dh got fish & chips. His was hot & really good. My burger had definately been sitting around for a while. That's ok because my magic cookie bar for dessert made up for it. Dh got a mickey rice crispy treat. For most of our meals, Dh got diet coke & I was happy to see lite minute maid lemonade. Can't have all the sugary soda-too many calories!!:rolleyes1 Overall, Day 1 was good.

Day 2: Boatwrights for breakfast. Dh had a sausage omlett which was a nice size. I had sweet potato pancakes with EXTRA honey pecan butter. What a way to start the day & then have to put your bathing suit on for BB!! Both meals came with bacon, sausage or ham. Pretty yummy. As a snack later in the day, we both had frozen lemonades at AK. More thirsty than hungry at this point. Dinner was a Planet Hollywood. I know alot of people bash the place, but we always have a good meal. Apps were potato skins & the chicken crunch which we couldn't wait for. DH got a pasta dish with shrimp & asian veggies & sauce. He really liked it & he never tries anything new. I got the 12oz ribeye which was cooked nicely rare. It came with fries & green beans. As if that wasn't enough, we both got the ghiradelli's chocolate brownie sundae which was quite yummy. After all that & a long day, took the boat back to POR as I was now in a food coma & couldn't take anymore!! Day 2, another success!!

MORE REVIEWS TO COME: Kona Cafe, Le Cellier, Flame Tree BBQ, Boma, O'hana & many many yummy snacks!!popcorn::

Wow! Great start to your reviews. I'm wishing I was there now. Did you really gain 10lbs in 8 days - that doesn't bode well for me when we've got 4 days of free dining and a 3-day Disney cruise in August :rotfl:

LTT was never really somewhere I've considered for lunch before but yours is the second great review I've read in as many days so it's now a must for us next trip :thumbsup2

To respond to pp, yes 10lbs was added to this girl in 8 days. I have to say that I've followed weight watchers for a year & have lost a great deal of weight. I lost a little bit past my goal in preperation for the big Disney eating marathon!! Now on to the list.

DAY 3: Had a little breakfast snack from Starring Rolls in MGM. I had a very yummy cinnamon roll & DH had a bagel. Not the best system they have going in there & very tiny, but I'll suffer a bit for a big ol' cinnamon roll. Later in the day, had lunch at Catalina Eddies. Salads & pizzas & drinks. Dessert were chocolate cake & a very nasty dessert trying to impersonate apple pie. Dh took one bite of that-one only. MGM just doesnt' have that many good options but the pizza was fine. Dinner that night was a Kona. Between that & Ohana, the Poly was packed as it was Sat night. The bread at Kona is to die for with that yummy sweet butter. Apps were the crab cakes & the pot stickers. Both were good, although glad we were on the DDP to try this stuff out. It wouldn't be something that I would have wanted to pay out of pocket for. Nothing was wrong with it, but by now, I'm starting to feel like I don't have to order everything just because it was included in the plan. Sorry to say, it didn't stop us!!! The entrees were really nice. Dh had the tery sirloin with pineapple & I had the coconut almond chicken. Loved both. The chicken was huge & very tender. Came with nice mixed greens with strawberries too. Dessert was caramel banana creme brulee for Dh & I had the macadamia chocolate torte. Both were yummy, although again, can't say I would order those desserts again. Might save room for something else later. Service was good, the place was a little loud, but we would return I think.

DAY 4: Spent the day at Epcot & had an early ADR for Le Cellier 12:15. Got seated within minutes & had a really sweet waitress. Apps were shrimp cocktail for Dh which he said were ok, & I had the cheddar cheese soup, though while tastey, wasn't too hot. The bread was good-especially the pretzel bread. Our girl did tell us what area of Canada we were sitting in & which bread came from which area. She was cute. DH had a sirloin which he liked, but said the sirloin from Kona was more tender. I had the 5oz fillet over cream cheese mashed-cooked to a perfect rare. Very very good. DH got a smoothie for a drink, mango I think, I got a sour apple freeze-both which were on the DDP which I couldn''t figure out, but she told us what was included. Dessert for DH was the chocolate mousse, very cute, & I had dessert that had well almost a biscut with almond on it with lavender ice cream & cherries-different but I enjoyed it. Dinner that night was late during EMH at Mk. We love Pecos Bills. Both of us had burgers/fry combos & fixed things up nice at the fixin's bar. Love the dessert there-don't know why. Peanut butter brownie mousse thingy. Again LOVE IT!! Four days down, four to go!!

Everything sounds great and brings back memories popcorn:: ...I am doing a 3 day during LDW-free dining, and hoping for only a 5 lb gain, but I have kids to split all the apps with(so it's a little easier on me).;)

LOL - been doing WW a year and a half. Better get that last 15 lb cushion off before I arrive at WDW this December, huh? :)

I love your title! The dessert at LTT sounds heavenly!

Yumm! You make everything sound so good! I can't wait till October (our next trip).

Pat

143 days and counting . . . again!

Your reviews are great. I am drooling just thinking about all the yummy food, and counting the days until my next trip. Honestly, I love the attractions, resorts and the atmosphere of WDW, but really, isn't it all about the food?

I was happy to read your review of Kona - we are looking forward to eating there in August :)

as a WW member myself, i was automatically drawn to your reviews..which are great by the way..keep em' coming :thumbsup2
I just lost 5lbs..only to probably put em back on next week at WDW..ah well...the price you pay for the MOUSE!!

As far so good, but there are still four more days.

Day 5: Went to AK early & had a great morning. We always do EMH for AK in the morning as we wanted an early lunch at our favorite Flame Tree BBQ. I got the pulled pork sandwich which was so yummy-that came with baked beans which I think have a nice flavor, but they did do away with the little piece of corn on the cob. Dh had the ribs, a first for him, as he always gets the pork sandwich too. He said they had a nice flavor, & while they weren't falling off the bone tender & really liked them. His came with beans & I would say he had the corn muffin that came with it, but that would be a lie since I ate it. It was so moist & yummy. Dessert was a chocolate cake for me & a frozen lemonade thing. We love this spot for lunch & we always sit in the same spot in the sun & watch the ducks. Good start. Later in the day, I had one of my favorite snacks, tollhouse ice cream cookie sandwich from the vendors. I know I can get them at home, but I don't . It's just a Disney treat. Dinner that night was at 7:00 at Boma. Good thing we had ressies as even though it was a Monday pm, the place was packed. Our server was a very nice man that explained some of our selections, & then we were off!! It was the night they had the pork, which was very tastey. Loved the two different types of rice, the prime rib was good & I had a nice rare piece. Didn't really see what all the excitement was about over the potatos with affritude. Did try some interesting salads & dressings & a dip that I couldn't figure out. Turned out to be a yogurt & sundried tomato dip. The chefs are always around to ask them about the food. Dessert was yummy, but by that time...zebra domes, yeah they're ok. Loved the cocomisu? (sp) Anyway, the place is beautiful. Dh would definately return. Me, don't know. Not much of a buffet girl, but it was good.

DAY 6: All I can say is make an ADR for Kona Cafe for breakfast. DH did get the Tonga Toast which I tried & really liked. Yes, very sweet, but not too greasy as I have heard it described. I had, drum roll please:rockband: the macadamia nut pineapple pancakes. HEAVEN ON A PLATE!! The pancakes had plenty of nuts in them with all the pineapple on top. Oh, yes can I have some extra macadamia nut butter??? This breakfast really riveled Boatwrights for me. Not a big pancake girl, but boy those breakfasts were my favorite meals of the trip. After walking off breakfast, DH & I got one of our tried & true Disney snacks-a must do at least once a trip-spicey cheese stuffed pretzels & a frozen cherry or coke drink from the Lunching Pad in tom. land. Yummy in my tummy. After a dip in the pool & a wonderful show at La Nouba, we headed off to our 8:00 ADR at Wolfgang Puck Cafe. Very busy. Dh got the BBQ chic quesidilla which we both loved & I got the artichoke & five cheese dip with parmesan flatbread. Oh , boy! Dh who wouldn't touch an artichoke with a ten foot pole loved it too. Our server was just ok. He was very good about explaining what we were entitled to on the DDP, he was just a pokey little puppy. This is coming from someone who waitresses for a living so I find I have extra patience. Anyway, dinners were ok. Dh got the wolf-fredo pasta & chicken dish, while he liked it thought the chicken was tough. I got the ribeye for $38:scared1: & while I love it very rare, they prepared it black & blue which I do not care for at all & it ruined the flavor of the beef. My meal also arrived cold. Not cool in the center, but the potatos & onion straws on top were cold. Oh well, didn't want to start over at that point. I really wanted to try the macadamia encrusted chicken, but went for the steak. Next time, as I think we would go back again. Dessert was good. Dh got key lime pie & I got the carrot cake. Was looking for the chocolate fondue thingy-not on the menu when we went. We both just had a few bites, but they were very good. Just remembered some snacks we got the other day. Me only, a sweet raisen pretzel COVERED in almonds from the bakery in Norway-a new must do for me. And a trip to Goofy's Candy Co. at DTD to make custom made mickey rice krispy treats. Those lasted us 3 days!! Mine was dipped in chocolate, covered in butterfinger with a caramel & white chocolate drizzle. Dh got something similar but with pb cups! Have to go now to wipe my drooling mouth. Last 2 days coming soon!!

Your reviews are great! We seem to have the same taste in food as I've had some of your meals! - sweet potato pancakes, filet at Le Cellier, cinnamon roll, Pecos Bill meal!

We are eating at Kona for breakfast on our next trip! I feel like I have to try Tonga Toast since I never have, but the macadamia nut pancakes sound better to me. What did you think? I know my DH will get eggs so we won't order both.

:rotfl2: Love the title.

Your review of the Kona pancakes is making me want to eat there so badly. Time to switch the ol' ADRs around again! :thumbsup2

I know what you mean about the tollhouse cookie sandwiches, we can get them locally but we only eat them at WDW....they just taste better there. :banana:

Loving the reviews!

As a fellow weight watcher, I can relate. I lost 30 lbs last year before we went to Disney. I gained about 8 pounds over the 9 nights we were there.

The William Penn Pasta was grilled chicken, penne pasta, mushrooms ( which I omitted!), a creamy marinara sauce, applewood smoked bacon & fresh spinach added at the end. It was really good, & not as heavy as I thought it would be. I would have a hard time trying to decide between getting that again or trying the colony salad or even the sandwich DH got. Have reviews left of day 7 & 8, but I have to go finish baking birthday cookies for my friend at work. I'll finish up this afternoon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter