Weight fluctuation?

Tonyspad

Disney or Bust for us!
I try to stay off the scale and only weigh myself once a week. But I have been weighing myself twice a week to check my progress. I have lost 4.5 lbs in three weeks and have been "good" everyday. This morning I weighed myself ( weigh in is normally Thursday morning) and I am 1.5 lbs heavier ! I have had a higher weight the past two weeks on my mid week weigh in, then I am lower on my Thursday weigh in. What gives???

I went up this week too, unexpectedly. For me, it had to do with salt intake (I think) because by today, the increase was gone. I had upped my water intake the past 3 days & drank my decaf green tea, which works wonders.

It's soooo hard to stay off the scale, and I don't necessarily think everyone HAS TO avoid daily weigh-ins. But for me, and for someone who is bothered by a little up & down...it just doesn't help my outlook.

Don't stress...I'll bet your increase is gone in a day or two too.

i too fluctuate, as much as 4-5 lbs in a week for the extreme; due to salt, TOM, not enough water during the day, and who knows why else? stick to your plan, it's been working right? i find on my plan (WW) if i just hang in there the fluff works it's way out b/c the plan really does work if i stay true to it

Here is a couple of things to consider.

1) Are you weighing yourself at the same time each day?

2) Are you working out? (Muscle weighs more than fat!)

3) Are you weighing yourself while wearing the same "type" of clothing?

These sound like very small and insignificant little details but they can add up. Depending on what kind of shoes you are wearing, that can add 2 or 3 pounds. Not to be disgusting but also think about whether or not you have been to the restroom or not before weighing. :eek: If you are not weighing yourself at the same time, that can make a big difference.

I hope none of this has been "rude" but they are all factors.

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

Shape magazine this month says if you want to weigh yourself every day as a tool to stay on track, its not a problem. But weight fluctuations of up to 3 lbs either way are possible so not to stress over it. I weigh every day and do fluctuate. i was up a pound or so over the weekend, and gave myself until tuesday to see if it was a fluctuation or not. Luckily it was and i actually ended up down a pound today. If it had still shown up tho, I would have used that info to "get it into gear" , exercise more, drink more water, etc.

I weigh myself at the same time of day , after visiting the restroom with the same type of clothing. The point I keep reading is about the salt. I ate 4 pickles ( medium sized) the night before my weigh in. I will be visiting Mr Scale tomorrow morning ( Which I wish I could smash with a hammer lately) and hopefully I will see some results.

When I know that I've had a salty meal, I'll increase my water like others have said. Just keep drinking that water and you'll be back to where you were. I know we can gain weight fast, but I don't think it is a true weight gain when it is that much of an increase in one weeks time.

Mr. Scale had good news this morning.... I lost 1.5lbs over last week. Those pickles must have been the problem. I love Mr Scale today :love:

Glad to hear you love your scale this morning. That loss will help you stay focused over the upcoming weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter