• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weekly Towel Service Question

Dr.Mickey

DIS Veteran
We are renting DVC points for a Sept/Oct trip for the first time, and we will be using this trip to see if we want to purchase DVC in the near future. Our question is regarding towel service. We know that we get one full service and one towel change. We also know that there is a washer/dryer in the 1BR.

How many towels are you given, and can you ask for more even if your towel day has not come? In a normal hotel room, you are given 4 bath, 4 hand and 4 washcloths. I can't see those lasting very long unless we do a towel load every day in the washer/dryer. Since this is a home away from home resort, is there a stack of towels, or just the standard 4? If more, approximately how many?

I know this is a petty issue, but we would like to know how to plan. Thanks....

You get service for the maximum occupancy of the unit. Trash and Towel service is on day four. Check in is day one. If you stay eight days then you get full cleaning service on Day four and Trash & Towel service on day eight.

I believe the standard for a hotel is 3 or 4 sets with wash clothes and two hand towels. At DVC you are entitled to 4/2/4 for a studio or 1 BR and 8/4/8 in a 2 BR. They will bring you an extra pack of 4/2/4 for $6. On day 4 (usually) of a 4-7 day stay they will replace the towels (Trash and Towel). If the stay is 8 days or longer they will do a full cleaning on day 4 and a "Trash and Towel" on day 8. You can change the days if you want to fit your needs. If you have a 1 BR or larger, you will have a W/D and can easily throw them in but they will not provide the detergent except for a single starter box. If you are in a studio, there are W/D provided, the location varies by resort. Take advantage of changing the day of T n T if it matters.

A word of warning. You are renting a timeshare and not a hotel, there are some differences. Some of these differences are good and other may be bad for some. Just make sure you understand what to expect, things will go a lot easier if you do.

You can purchase additional services.

$6 for 4 sets of towels
$10 for extra trash & towel service (per day)
$30 for a full cleaning in a 1 bedroom (per day)

I know it seems like a big issue, I thought so too. But after 11 stays in a 1 or 2 bedroom, it has never been an issue. We actually prefer that there is no one coming into our room everyday. I could see it being more of an issue in a studio, where you would have to use the public washer/dryers, but a 1 bedroom makes it easy. I stayed in a 1 bedroom with 3 friends in April, we threw them in the washer before leaving in the morning and put them in the dryer when we came back in the late afternoon. Fresh towels for morning!

This thread just made me think of our upcoming stay at OKW. We are staying 10 nights. I have the first 5 nights in a 2BDR and the next 5 nights in a 1 BDR and of course requested lock-off hoping to drop studio and no need to move. I need to look at my confirmation. Will I have trash and towel on fourth day with first ressie (2BDR) and trash and towel again on fourth day at second ressie (1 BDR)? If so, Can I request one full cleaning instead since I am staying 10 nights? Just curious and no big deal - I clean up all the time anyway :).

Originally posted by AnnaS
This thread just made me think of our upcoming stay at OKW. We are staying 10 nights. I have the first 5 nights in a 2BDR and the next 5 nights in a 1 BDR and of course requested lock-off hoping to drop studio and no need to move. I need to look at my confirmation. Will I have trash and towel on fourth day with first ressie (2BDR) and trash and towel again on fourth day at second ressie (1 BDR)? If so, Can I request one full cleaning instead since I am staying 10 nights? Just curious and no big deal - I clean up all the time anyway :).

I would ask at check-in, but if you have the one bedroom for eight days then you should get the full cleaning on day four and T&T on day eight. If you were to move then I believe it would be T&T at day four for each room.

I would think they would do a full cleaning on the day you switch reservations from a 2 bedroom to a 1 bedroom. They are 2 separate reservations so the schedule should start over.

Just throw the towels in the washer and dryer!! With 2 people in a one bedroom this is not a problem-4 people are the max, never did that of course, but you can wash towels. There are no other stack of towels, pool towels which are a different color, must stay in the pool area.

Originally posted by AnnaS
We did this exact thing at OKW 2 years ago. They did
T&T on day 4 and a complete cleaning on the checkout/checkin day where we went down to the 1 bedroom. Then we got another T&T on day 4 of that ressie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter