Weekend before Thanksgiving 2022 or Wait until Spring Break 2023??

dillydally13

Super
Hi! I am looking at two trip options for our family of 5 (7 yo girl, and 11 and 14 yo boys) and need help!

Option 1: Fly in Thursday, Nov 17th and fly out Tuesday, Nov 22nd - hopefully hitting the lower crowds before Thanksgiving - staying at AoA in a Cars family suite and try to scrounge up some ADRs since I missed the 60 day window opening.

OR

Arrive March 18th and stay through March 23rd - risking possibly super high crowds (I know Spring Break season is unpredictable) but have time to maybe secure a DVC instead of AoA and make ADRs.

Thoughts??

Last edited:
Well the parks will be in full holiday mode in Nov. Nothing much happening in March except Flower & Garden I think.

Hi! I am looking at two trip options for our family of 5 (7 yo girl, and 11 and 14 yo boys) and need help!

Option 1: Fly in Thursday, Nov 17th and fly out Tuesday, Nov 22nd - hopefully hitting the lower crowds before Thanksgiving - staying at AoA in a Cars family suite and try to scrounge up some ADRs since I missed the 60 day window opening.

OR

Arrive March 18th and stay through March 23rd - risking possibly super high crowds (I know Spring Break season is unpredictable) but have time to maybe secure a DVC instead of AoA and make ADRs.

Thoughts??
We have been both times and they're both really enjoyable, weather wise. Crowd wise, spring break close to when the local districts have their break up until Easter is always pretty bad and imo, much more packed than before thanksgiving. Think local schools are out the week before and go back on March 17th. Not to say, november 17-22 will be empty because it won't, it's just not as crowded as Thanksgiving when kids have break. I prefer November to see all the holiday decor and enjoy the special treats and if I were in your shoes, would pick that over spring break. We never plan our trips that far out so we're used to slim pickings for hotels and we're not big ADR people. If there is something I do want to book, I try the touring plans reservation finder and mouse dining finder and have had good luck with both of those. Plus I keep checking as much as I can but usually the 24 hours prior up to the week before, you'll get notifications of openings as people fine tune their plans.

As far as booking DVC instead of AofA, sure you'd have more time to hopefully get more selection but I wouldn't necessarily count on it given it's a high season time. Also, not sure how many you are, but we also want to try the WL deluxe rooms that sleep 6 and come with club level amenities. But think it's only one bath which is a bummer. I have teenage girls so the bathroom situation is tight. But it does have double sinks and water closets so that's a plus. They will likely be more $ than the AofA family suite but that could be another option. I don't think they have a ton of rooms. And then there's always two connecting rooms so you can have more space/two baths.

We have been both times and they're both really enjoyable, weather wise. Crowd wise, spring break close to when the local districts have their break up until Easter is always pretty bad and imo, much more packed than before thanksgiving. Think local schools are out the week before and go back on March 17th. Not to say, november 17-22 will be empty because it won't, it's just not as crowded as Thanksgiving when kids have break. I prefer November to see all the holiday decor and enjoy the special treats and if I were in your shoes, would pick that over spring break. We never plan our trips that far out so we're used to slim pickings for hotels and we're not big ADR people. If there is something I do want to book, I try the touring plans reservation finder and mouse dining finder and have had good luck with both of those. Plus I keep checking as much as I can but usually the 24 hours prior up to the week before, you'll get notifications of openings as people fine tune their plans.

As far as booking DVC instead of AofA, sure you'd have more time to hopefully get more selection but I wouldn't necessarily count on it given it's a high season time. Also, not sure how many you are, but we also want to try the WL deluxe rooms that sleep 6 and come with club level amenities. But think it's only one bath which is a bummer. I have teenage girls so the bathroom situation is tight. But it does have double sinks and water closets so that's a plus. They will likely be more $ than the AofA family suite but that could be another option. I don't think they have a ton of rooms. And then there's always two connecting rooms so you can have more space/two baths.
Oh that is helpful! Thank you!

I don’t know about crowds but I would go the week after Thanksgiving or the first week of December to experience all of the holiday stuff as usually the storytellers and CP at Epcot don’t begin until Black Friday and for the deluxe resorts there is a lottery and some are not decorated until a day or 2 before the holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!