Wedding Spinoff

Just under a year, one of DW’s friends. Her 3rd marriage.

She’s now back with husband #2 and quite content. Custody battles/crazy exes basically doomed them the first time around. Kids are older now, so it’s no longer an issue.

I have a cousin who was married three times. The first marriage was when he was 21 and she was 17, because the woman was pregnant. That one lasted about five years and they had another kid. Then when he was about 30 he married a woman just out of high school. No kids, that one lasted a few years. Then the third marriage was with a woman his age and lasted over 20 years.

He went back to wife #1 but they never remarried. The last I heard he was with wife #2 again.

I have a cousin who was married three times. The first marriage was when he was 21 and she was 17, because the woman was pregnant. That one lasted about five years and they had another kid. Then when he was about 30 he married a woman just out of high school. No kids, that one lasted a few years. Then the third marriage was with a woman his age and lasted over 20 years.

He went back to wife #1 but they never remarried. The last I heard he was with wife #2 again.

I have one friend (I actually dated her on & off in HS & college) who’s been married & divorced 3 times. I don’t think any of them lasted 5 years, 2 of them less than 2 years. And she’s not at all the type of person you’d ever guess would have 3 failed marriages (the other friend I mentioned definitely fits the mold). Guess you just never know.

I have one friend (I actually dated her on & off in HS & college) who’s been married & divorced 3 times. I don’t think any of them lasted 5 years, 2 of them less than 2 years. And she’s not at all the type of person you’d ever guess would have 3 failed marriages (the other friend I mentioned definitely fits the mold). Guess you just never know.
My DH’s mom was a serial “marrier.” We’re not sure how many times she was married, six we know for sure. My youngest brother has been engaged to every woman in his life that he did not marry. My Dad had a cousin that married so often that Dad would introduce the new woman in his life as cousin’s “future ex-wife.”

Only a few. One is my cousin but she was married over 4 years. Every other wedding I’ve been to, the couple is still together

My 1st marriage we were living together a little over a year before, married September of 1999, found out he had another girl pregnant in December 1999, and were divorced sometime in 2000. Not sure of the month, but I usually tell people my first marriage lasted three months.

Just a comment... I always wonder about the ones that date for years, sometimes even live together a while. Marry and
kaput, it fails. Sad :(

Just a comment... I always wonder about the ones that date for years, sometimes even live together a while. Marry and
kaput, it fails. Sad :(
I’ve always thought of that as kind of a panic response. The ones I wonder about are people who have been married for decades and suddenly divorce. Like what was that one thing that finally pushed one of them over the edge?

I’ve always thought of that as kind of a panic response. The ones I wonder about are people who have been married for decades and suddenly divorce. Like what was that one thing that finally pushed one of them over the edge?

Yeah, me roo.
There are a couple of radio hosts here, were married for decades, have 3 or 4 kids, all grown up, still work together as a morning crew, and appear (and I say appear) to be great friends, who divorced and no are both with other people, and I cant work out if you can get along so well why they split up....

Less than 24 hours. A woman I know got married when she was pretty young, in a big, expensive church wedding. I don't think her family was thrilled, but she was determined. They had the wedding and the fancy reception and then retired to a hotel, with plans to go on the honeymoon the next day. He excused himself and left while she got into her wedding night lingerie. He didn't come back all night. The next morning, she opened the door to find him, still drunk beyond belief, collapsed outside in the hall. She called her parents in tears and they came to pick her up, and the marriage was annulled. She married a very nice man several years later.

A niece who was married for about six months. They were on again, off again, a few more times after that; but, never married again.

I have an aunt that has been married 6 times to 5 different men. I think that she has been married maybe 20 years total, but I was to young to know the exact times for each one.

I’ve always thought that in those instances, they ve raised their family, all the ups n downs, struggles n happiness. The kids are grown n likely on their own. then realize that the Only thing in common was the family unit. They have nothing in common any more and decide to move on.

About a year. Friend’s daughter. Married. Got pregnant quickly. Wasn’t pregnant at the wedding because the baby was born 11 months later. I guess the guy didn’t want to be a dad because shortly thereafter he was gone.

Realistically, it was a good thing cuz he was a jerk. She was stupid to marry him, but I think it was a rebound thing. She had dated another guy for a few years, they broke up, within 6 months she’s met and married this guy.

After the divorce she and the first guy eventually got together, married and ate still married now. It’s been quite a few years. Probably 15-20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter