Wedding proposal

artnerds

DIS Veteran
I will be proposing to my bf on our cruise in March. Any suggestions on the best time/place to do it? I'm particularly interested in hearing from you folks who have been on the Fantasy.

At the moment, my two thoughts are:
- At Remy brunch or Palo dinner, both of which are scheduled on our actual anniversary. (I was kind of leaning toward the brunch, since it is fancy and romantic and includes champagne.)
- On the beach at Serenity Bay on our last cruise day, which is 5 days after our anniversary.

Thanks! I'm super excited and also super nervous about it. I will probably avoid the beach scenario if only because I know I'll have a nervous-klutzy moment and lose the rings in the sand or something.

sorry, i've only been to wdw, i'm just a (romantic)nosy posy and was drawn to your thread. :)

so, would just like to wish you good luck, and hope you both have a wondenful time. :goodvibes

married2mm said:
sorry, i've only been to wdw, i'm just a (romantic)nosy posy and was drawn to your thread. :) so, would just like to wish you good luck, and hope you both have a wondenful time. :goodvibes

Aww, thanks! Since you mentioned it, where would you want to propose/be proposed to at WDW?

married2mm said:
ooh, good question- definitely outside cinderella's castle. :lovestruc

:) for me, it would be in Bistro de Paris in Epcot, during Illuminations (That was my original plan before we booked the cruise.)

good choice. :thumbsup2

anywhere in epcot during illuminations would be memorable. :)

epcot plays my favourite park music. :music:

Awww, first of all, CONGRATS! :)

I would suggest one of the meals ON your anniversary.

I'd also suggest doing it sooner rather than later in the trip, so you can bask in the happiness for the majority of the vacation! For this reason, I wouldn't do it your last day on Serenity Bay. ;)

jgh said:
Awww, first of all, CONGRATS! :)

I would suggest one of the meals ON your anniversary.

I'd also suggest doing it sooner rather than later in the trip, so you can bask in the happiness for the majority of the vacation! For this reason, I wouldn't do it your last day on Serenity Bay. ;)

Thanks! :)

Yes, I've been thinking about this ever since I posted it, and II think you're exactly right. I've decided to pop the question during the Remy Champagne Brunch on Sunday morning. We'll be well-rested and have the full at-sea day to...ahem...celebrate.

Of course, the celebrating and basking in happiness is dependent on his saying "yes," so until then I will remain a nervous wreck.

Yes brunch!! Dinner is moody and romantic but brunch you get to see that beautiful view and each other. Plus in Remy they'll make it super special I'm sure.

The Fantasy is amazing. If you'll be at WDW beforehand see if you can sneak Just Engaged buttons onboard with you - DCL doesn't have them, just the married ones. They do have "I'm celebrating" and "Happy Anniversary" DCL specific ones though.

Have a fabulous time and congratulations!

Cristy (& Anne)

Thank you!

What a superb idea about the engagement buttons. Unfortunately, we're not staying at WDW until after the cruise. I wonder if I can get in touch with Guest Services and get them to mail me a couple of buttons in advance. Worst case scenario, we can get them after the cruise when we get to our resort.

Doesn't hurt to try!

If they tell you they can't let me know ;) I might be able to drop some in the mail.

The Guest Services folks said they'd be happy to have engagement buttons waiting for us when we check in at the resort, but they can't mail them to us in advance. Boo, but not really a surprise. So, if anyone will be in the parks or at a WDW resort over the next couple of months and doesn't mind stopping in Guest Services and nabbing us a couple of engagement buttons, that would be awesome! Of course, I'd be happy to PayPal the cost of postage to you.

UPDATE: A better solution...I decided to change our plans a little. We are going to fly down the day before our cruise and stay at Boardwalk Villas that night. That way, we can relax, have a nice meal that evening, and head to the port the next morning without stress. I will sneak away and get two "Just Engaged" buttons from Guest Services and put them in my luggage to bring on the cruise.

Sounds great! I'm glad you found a solution that works for you. I always prefer to be within driving distance of port on sailing day, no matter which one we're leaving from. We flew in the day before to LAX and will do the same for Vancouver/Alaska next year. Makes things MUCH less stressful and gives a buffer in case of flight delays.

cris0809 said:
Sounds great! I'm glad you found a solution that works for you. I always prefer to be within driving distance of port on sailing day, no matter which one we're leaving from. We flew in the day before to LAX and will do the same for Vancouver/Alaska next year. Makes things MUCH less stressful and gives a buffer in case of flight delays.

That was my thinking exactly. Well, it was actually the Guest Services rep's thinking when he suggested coming a day early.

My last cruise was when I still lived in Tampa...we just drove to Port Canaveral. I hadn't even considered how stressful (or devastating) a flight delay/cancellation on sailing day would be.

I really appreciate your kind offer to try to send us buttons if we couldn't get them. :)

Yes, we're very spoiled just being able to get in the car and drive an hour to the port. It's really fabulous.

You're very welcome, I would have been happy to do it. :)

I saw this title on the 'main' page and had to reply! This sounds so amazing. Congrats to you both! I hope its magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter