wedding party gifts?

mishtb

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering what everyone gave their wedding party for gifts?
For favors for our guests we did mickey personalized candles, slipper bottle openers, and I made mickey and minnie xmas orniments.
But now I am stumped on what to give our maid of honor and best man for a gift. Any ideas?

Well my wedding is still 6.5 months away but I've been giving that thought too. I'm thinking for my matron of honor, and this might sound silly, but she was dissapointed in the cake flavours I am choosing and she loves alice in wonderland,, so I am going to see if I can have one of those miniature mad-hatter cakes delivered to her room upon her arrival in the flavor she wanted lol. I think it will be more to her liking then, say, a pair of earrings, :). For my fiance's best man I was thinking maybe a silver drinking flask engraved with his initials, or something iike that, for him.

Hey there... well I got a pocket watch for the best man and got "Florida May 18th 2006" engraved on the back of it... For the girls... well I got them Mickey Mouse Pendants from Swarovski crystal. And then I am getting them White gold rope chains to put the pendant on. Other suggestions.... Tickets for Cirque-du-soleil... when my sister got married she got us all really nice makeup bags and had our initials engraved on it. Inside the bag she had a necklace and earings to go with our dress, as well as gum, tissue, a lipstick, and a bunch of other toiletteries. It was really nice. I know for the guys you can get a really nice barbecue tool set in a stainless steel carrying case and get their initials engraved on that... hmmmm... what else??? If your girls are crafty at all and the wedding is also serving as a vacation for them, doing a scrapbook kit for them would be really nice. I have more ideas if you want some!!!

We did purses and necklaces for the girls and steins (DH is of German descent and our rehearsal dinner was at a German restaurant) and stink bombs for the boys. hehe!

engraved $ clips and keychains for the guys, "bridesmaid essentials" goodie bags for the girls and 14k threader earrings...

We gave everyone there (14) an engraved mickey or minnie glass (with their name on it) from the glass and crystal shop in DTD. For my MOH I gave her a cool earring and necklace set that cost around $75. For the best man...DH just gave him a gift cert. to his fave store b/c we couldnt figure what to get him.

Both of Our parent gave us Money towards the wedding so we went out of our way for them and got the expensive gifts, but other than that...thats it.

i bought personalized disney tshirts & guest of honor badges for us, our wedding party ie moh, bm, readers & parents. i also bought personalized hankies with poems from newtraditionshankies.com for our parents & us.

for my parents we upgraded their room & myw at wilderness lodge as a thanks for paying for some of the wedding with us. along with a parent wedding photo album afterwards & a family crest candle we will be using during the ceremony. for my mom i got a locket necklace with a picture of us inside. my dad i got binoculars & a keychain watch. for my fi's parents we are giving them each a parent wedding photo album afterwards. for his mom we bought a locket bracelet with a picture inside. for his dad we are getting a monogrammed lighter & his family crest candle. for our wedding party the bm & gm are getting flasks & shirts for the wedding along with a fishing excursion. for my moh & bm i got there wedding day jewelry & will treat their hair & makeup along with a spa treatment. i bought my moh a personalized cinderella slipper too. for our readers were going to buy monogrammed bookmarks & a little something. our grandparents are getting hankies & an engraved frame with photo afterwards.

Hey there!
We are doing something kind of "out of the box". Instead of the traditional earings and necklaces for the bridesmaid and flasks for the groomsmen, we are giving each member of our bridal party a card as soon as they check into their hotel (Hopefully have it waiting for them) The card will say something like "For all your support and love, its now time for some fun! Please meet us on Sunday at 10:00am under the Polynesian sun" - Our wedding is on Monday so the day before the wedding,we are having all our wedding pary (and their fiances, boyfriends/girlfriends, etc) meet us at the Polynesian Resort (our honeymoon resort) and we are renting everyone Mouse Boats for a half hour-45 minutes. Again, its out of the box but our friends, sisters and brothers who are in our wedding are so young and adventurous this is the perfect oppurtunity to have everyone we love out on the water infront of the castle splashing around!! We are giving each person a disposable digital camera to take fun pics while out of the water. This is also perfect becuase we can include our wedding party's guests as wel. Just an idea. Mabey this isnt what you were looking for, but something that everyone can do together in Disney is something to think about =) I am very much into "creating memories" so I think this will be something fun and very memorable!!!!

We had one attendant each and I got my MOH her roundtrip plane ticket. She could not have afforded to come if I hadn't and I wanted my BFF to be there. Hubby got the best man a dart board.

ETA: We're still looking for something for my brother who did our videography for us. He definitely went above and beyond.

I think for the groomsmen dh2b is doing iundividual things...like one is a big wine drinker so for him wine of the month club, one lives down south and loves to bbq so a omaha steaks giftcard, my brother is young and into sports so tickets to a game etc...

For the girls I am doing a nice black evening bag with swarvoski earrings, and some mac makeup inside (they are all fairly young under 25 and into fashion) :bounce: :bounce: ..I think!

mc'smommy said:
Everyone received Mickey Watches in my wedding party !

LOL

they all loved it !

That is a great idea; I may "borrow" it ;) I only plan to have my two sons in our vow renewal and they may love a fancy Mickey watch :teeth:

I am doing monogrammed towel spa wraps, tote bags & bath bombs from basin as well as their necklaces & mickey earrings to wear for the wedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter