• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wedding Night- Honeymoon Suite?

Wish on a Star

DIS Veteran
On our Disney trip we are staying with my family. I love my grandma- but I dont want to be next door to her on my wedding night.

Any suggestions of where to stay?

Are you having a Wishes wedding? If so just use your comp night on your wedding night and stay somewhere else. Also, how do you know your grandma will be next door, did you request adjoining rooms?

My suggestion depends on where you are staying to begin with. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the deluxe resorts. How about staying at the Grand Floridian and then ordering room service and have an in room massage the next morning or go down to the spa. I also love the Wilderness Lodge. We honeymooned in the Royal Asante Presidential Suite at Animal Kingdom Lodge and it was fantastic!

We are staying at Old Key West there are actually 2 bedrooms in the hotel room. And I'm having an Escape wedding.

All of our family stayed at the GF for the wedding. We were in a completly seperate building the night of the wedding. all the resorts are so big, I doubt you will end up next to your family.

Wish on A Star,

As a DVC member I understand what you are saying. When we married we had a 2 bedroom villa at the Boardwalk so on our wedding night we got a concierge room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. They treated us so well. We got wine and a gift of African perfume/cologne. The most amazing thing was though that on our first anniversary they called us at home to wish us happy anniversary.

No matter what your budget is and where you wind up staying Disney is a wonderful place to be. Just know that you will need someone to go and check in to the new location for you on your wedding day so it may be easier to stay at OKW in a studio.

Congratulations. Oh by the way we also had an Escape wedding (called an Intimate wedding back then).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter