• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wedding Anniversary

We celebrated 6 years of wedded bliss (not bad for 10 years of marriage :hyper: ) on the Magic in Nov.

The waiters brought us a small cake and sang "Happy Anniversary" to us.

fknaut, we're celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary on DCL too! (May 29th 7-day eastern!)

Jon in SC, that's all? Just a cake? I was hoping DCL would secretly upgrade all of the anniversary celebrants to cat 4. :p (yeah, right)

I'm so happy we're celebrating our anniversary w/DCL!

We celebrated 35, 36, 37, and 38 cruising. Just the standard cake and the dining room staff sang to us.

You can always add a vow renewal to your cruise, but I also think you need to be in category three or higher for this. (correct me if i'm wrong) And that means $$$$$$. Other than that you get the cake and singing that everyone has talked about, which is nice. But I always thought this about the cake thing... They should bring out something different, maybe a keepsake that will last. And then just put a candle or something special on the dessert (or 2) that you ordered from the menu that night. Our party had a b-day and an anniversary so we got cake 2 nights, but, to tell you the truth, no one wanted to eat it because then we wouldn't have room for the much more delicious desserts prepared for the night. Anyone else think this should be changed???

But even without cake or something fancy I'm sure you guys will have a great time, you're on a Disney Cruise!!!!!

As this is our first cruise, we are using our DVC points and are booked in a Category 5 Deck 7 room with Verandah. Off topic - How are the beds in these rooms?:tongue:

Since we're celebrating our Anniversay on our upcoming cruise, we booked the "Romantic Escape at Sea" pkg.

We celebrated our anniversay on the Western 7 day last Aug. I told this to our reservation attendant when we made the reservations.

She obviously noted this in our file, as we were wished Happy Anniversary as we checked in.

We had our dinner at Palo's and had a cake, photo taken and our waiter fashioned me a rose our of aluminum foil.

Then our regular dinner wait staff had also been informed of the event, as we had another cake the next night at dinner that was larger enough to feed our whole table and the staff sang to us.

We will celebrate our 15th anniversary on the Eastern 7 day Cruise this Aug. However, I hope it is a little more low key.

We are celebrating my parents' 50th on our cruise so I don't want it low key at all! DSister and I are going to decorate the door and get them a nice basket, and I expect plenty of hearty singing in the dining room on semi-formal night!:D
Robin M.

on our March 20 cruise. I am sure they will bring out a cake and all. I plan to tell the Palo reservation folks that we intend to celebrate there.....with a bottle of the wine mentioned here. Fairytale something wine....does someone know?

Marilee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter