Webster Beltway/Western Way

grimley1968

DIS Veteran
We will most likely be driving down when we come to WDW in October, unless SWA comes through with some dirt cheap fare, which just isn't happening so far this year. I know the Webster Beltway and Disney's Western Way are open, and I hope to use both of them to get there. Looking at Google Maps, these roads should really save me quite a bit of time coming from the Florida Turnpike.

However, I have some questions about these roads:

- I understand the Beltway is a toll road. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. But is Disney's Western Way also a toll road?

- One of the things our family enjoys when getting near WDW is the signage advertising this ride or that one, and of course the overall directional signage color scheme, etc. Does this exist on the Western Way and/or the Beltway? Or are those roads pretty much devoid of anything but regular road signs?

The answers to these questions won't affect our route, but I was curious as to what to expect.

Thanks.

The beltway is a toll road, Western Way(the road on Disney property) is not:thumbsup2
There are no bilboards on the beltway(429), but you will be able to see the CR and other large Disney buildings on your way in. There is a WDW "banner" as you enter, just like when you enter from I-4.

The exit number for Disney off the 429 is Exit 8. I believe you can see Disney two exits before you get off.

State Road 429 (TOLL 429) is the Western Beltway, not the Webster Beltway. However you really won't find any signs using that name; you'll only see signs with the TOLL 429 shield. Use Exit# 267A off Florida's Turnpike to access the 429 and follow it southbound in the "Tampa" direction. The toll down to Disney World/Hartzog Road exit (for Western Way) is just $1.00. There are no billboards on this route yet so you won't see any advertising for the attractions. And if you're seeking those Disney advertising signs (such as that one for the Tower of Terror in the middle of World Drive), you'd need to enter Disney World from I-4.

Western Way is the 4-lane divided highway from the 429 into Disney World. There is no toll and there is a low speed limit. DON'T SPEED ON WESTERN WAY.

BobK/Orlando

State Road 429 (TOLL 429) is the Western Beltway, not the Webster Beltway.

According to Google Maps, the name of the road is the Daniel Webster Western Beltway.

But I had planned on just looking for 429 on any signs, given the fact that locals, maps, state officials, etc. always seem to use different names for roads, but numbers always remain the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter