• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Website updated and rooms disappeared

brookew

Earning My Ears
I have been watching the rooms and rates for 2017 over the last few days. I booked a 7a deluxe oceanview with navigator verandah. Now that option is gone. I noticed they updated their website right before this happened. The website was down for maintenance. I thought maybe they sold out, but I checked cruises all the way through Dec and can't find that option.
Anyone know what's going on?

Also, I've been told that on a few ships, this is actually an enclosed balcony with a porthole, but the dream is all balconies? True?

I have been watching the rooms and rates for 2017 over the last few days. I booked a 7a deluxe oceanview with navigator verandah. Now that option is gone. I noticed they updated their website right before this happened. The website was down for maintenance. I thought maybe they sold out, but I checked cruises all the way through Dec and can't find that option.

Also, I've been told that on a few ships, this is actually an enclosed balcony with a porthole, but the dream is all balconies? True?

On the Dream and Fantasy, the navigator verandahs have just a slight obstruction. On the Magic and Wonder, it is a balcony that is enclosed except for a porthole opening.

I'm not sure why the room type would disappear on so many cruises, but there are just a limited number of these rooms available and they do get booked quickly.

The navigator's verandah on the Magic class is an enclosed balcony with a large open porthole:
magic class 2013 Navigators Verandah porthole.jpg

While on the Dream class, it just means that the verandah has an obstruction from the ship's superstructure:
verandah obstructed 2015.jpg

That category could be sold out. The Category 7A are some of the first to go because they are priced reasonably but you still get a verandah/fresh air.

We love the ones on the classic ships because to us they are full verandahs -- the slight "obstruction" is a non problem to us.

Last edited:

I would think it's unusual for an entire category to be sold out for all cruises in an entire year.

I would recommend basic internet maintenance (clear your history and cache) and then look again. Or, try another browser option.

If there are still no 7As from now until December 2017, then I would contact DCL - it could be a very serious website glitch.

Try changing the number of people when you search. I'm finding lots of 7A availability for a party of two across all four ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter