Website is down

Completely expected and ridiculous. I have a reservation booked through a TA (my first mistake). I can't check the deal, book a new reservation, the circuits are all busy so can't get through on the phone, and my travel agent says it could be quite some time for her get back to me. After years and years of dealing with Disney's idiot website and their ridiculous discount policies I seriously just wonder why we even go.

Do y'all know how long they have been down? Crazy me I read they were coming out soon and dropped the ball this morning! Started taking down Christmas decorations before work tomorrow ugh!

Do y'all know how long they have been down? Crazy me I read they were coming out soon and dropped the ball this morning! Started taking down Christmas decorations before work tomorrow ugh!
I did not note the time, but 1-2 hours since I could not get through at all. Before that, I could get through on the website but it was so so so so so slow.

The website was working around 7:45 AM EST, but there was not really anything available for the dates I had already booked(4/28-5/04, wilderness lodge). So I called at 8:15 am EST and got through in 5 minutes. I was looking for the summer fun discount, not free dinning. The Disney rep said that there was nothing left for my dates(no upgrades, no deluxe lateral moves), I thought that they would be able to add the discount to my current reservation, but I guess that is a thing of the past(they did it last year)?

Tried the website again at 9:30 AM EST. and it has been down ever since. Tried calling on 4 different Disney lines I have saved in my phone and keep getting "all circuits are busy, call back later". Finally got through at 12:05 PM EST., was on hold for 10 mins and got disconnected.

Just keep trying! They're not down, they're just swamped! As one person completes their booking it opens a spot for another person. It's a matter of refreshing, refreshing, refreshing. Their servers just cannot handle the demand. Oh how I wish they would fix this!!!

Just keep trying! They're not down, they're just swamped! As one person completes their booking it opens a spot for another person. It's a matter of refreshing, refreshing, refreshing. Their servers just cannot handle the demand. Oh how I wish they would fix this!!!

I am very surprised that they can't, this happens so often.

FYI, I got through immediately by calling 407-939-CHAT. Someone posted that number on another DIS thread, and I got through on it right away about an hour ago, when all the other numbers were down.

Saw where someone on another thread said just keep calling and I did and got thru in 3 minutes. Waited on hold for about 4 minutes and he was able to apply a pass holder discount to my BC reservation for my May-June stay and it saved a little over $1400. I am beyond excited!!!!!

Saw where someone on another thread said just keep calling and I did and got thru in 3 minutes. Waited on hold for about 4 minutes and he was able to apply a pass holder discount to my BC reservation for my May-June stay and it saved a little over $1200. I am beyond excited!!!!!

I was able to get through in 10 minutes and make a new reservation. So happy I tried calling vs. continuing to refresh the website.

Can't get the website to work and I've been on hold over an hour now. Frustrated.

My TA hasn't been able to get much done so she told me if I could get through to book a new reservation. After refreshing probably a hundred times I was able to book a new reservation at CSR for our June dates for ten nights under the Annual Passholder discount. I saved about $1,050 on our ten nights over my original POFQ reservation. My friend waited 95 minutes on hold to change their reservation. I'm happy but just disgusted that Disney can't fix these issues. Ridiculous.

I couldn't get thru online until about 7:30 pm, but I was only half trying this time. Was able to book the FD offer and Sun/Play offer back to back for a split stay with dates that work, so it's all good. POP and Yacht Club at end of July :scared1:

At 430pm today i got through after 5 minute hold time just to get a Russian-English speaking man put me on hold with no music playing. He came back and there was no Disney greeting. He just asked how he could help. I said I wanted to check on the new discount that came out. He again put me on hold and just seemed to read from a script. I then told him I had a reservation and wanted to apply the discount. He had to check. He again put me on hold. But never came back. After 4-5 minutes of no hold music I hung up. It was soooo not Disney. Very strange.
Immediately I called back. All lines were busy.
Then at 438pm I got through and was told hold time is over 90 minutes. It’s now 838pm and I’m still on hold 4 HOURS LATER!!! I called using my wife’s phone at 730 pm, told wait times are over 2.5 hours. This deal better be worth it.

Then at 438pm I got through and was told hold time is over 90 minutes. It’s now 838pm and I’m still on hold 4 HOURS LATER!!! I called using my wife’s phone at 730 pm, told wait times are over 2.5 hours. This deal better be worth it.

You stayed on hold for 4 HOURS??!! :scared1: :crazy2: Uh....you are a MUCH better person than I am. :hourglass I can remember finally getting through on the website around 5pm my time or so. I'm here in FL in CST. Today, the website has been a ton better than it was yesterday. Was pricing looking at the FL resident rates and the amount I save living here makes me go....WOW!...everytime! :blush:

You stayed on hold for 4 HOURS??!! :scared1: :crazy2: Uh....you are a MUCH better person than I am. :hourglass I can remember finally getting through on the website around 5pm my time or so. I'm here in FL in CST. Today, the website has been a ton better than it was yesterday. Was pricing looking at the FL resident rates and the amount I save living here makes me go....WOW!...everytime! :blush:
Yup after about the 2 hour mark I was committed. I put the phone on speaker, cooked dinner, took a shower and even watched tv. Then I connected to a wonderfully polite castmember after 4 hours and 55 minutes on hold, we connected at 933pm Arizona time. Boy she seemed exhausted, but as always very polite and magical. I was very kind and supportive of her and her duties. My wife thought I should be upset and lay into her. I know if I did that we probably wouldn't get what we wanted so... The poor lady said she still saw a large queue of calls and it was past 1130pm EST. We proceeded to talk and after 10 minutes I got the changes made then hung up and saved over $550 on our 8 night (originally 7 nights) CSR stay in June using the Sun and Fun package. It was so tempting to do the Deluxe Studio at AK-Kidani, but having the extra day of meals and a room made it more cost effective.

Yup after about the 2 hour mark I was committed. I put the phone on speaker, cooked dinner, took a shower and even watched tv. Then I connected to a wonderfully polite castmember after 4 hours and 55 minutes on hold, we connected at 933pm Arizona time. Boy she seemed exhausted, but as always very polite and magical. I was very kind and supportive of her and her duties. My wife thought I should be upset and lay into her. I know if I did that we probably wouldn't get what we wanted so... The poor lady said she still saw a large queue of calls and it was past 1130pm EST. We proceeded to talk and after 10 minutes I got the changes made then hung up and saved over $550 on our 8 night (originally 7 nights) CSR stay in June using the Sun and Fun package. It was so tempting to do the Deluxe Studio at AK-Kidani, but having the extra day of meals and a room made it more cost effective.

You just go with your patient and bad self! Cooked dinner, took a shower, and watched TV! I can't even!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2: :lmao::lmao: My behind would completely forget I was on hold and I'd lose all chance of saving that amount of money you did! Luckily, I'm a FL resident as I've said already, so I don't book my trips till the discounts hit when I'll be going. I also have to wait on the income tax refund because I book room and tickets separately. And this year with hubby not sure if he's going, that may be the smart thing to do..can just add a person to the room no additional cost and pick up his tickets at a later date, but before I make FP for everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter