Webkinz newbie. Site won't load. Help!

Small Town Princess

Mouseketeer
My DD just got the Pink Pony Webkinz from the Easter Bunny. She was bouncing off the walls wanting to try this thing out. After 25 minutes of trying to find a user name that wasn't already in their system (grrr) we tried to log in to the site. For 30 minutes there was a little lion on the screen that said "loading". DD is beside herself with impatience.

I read all of the system requirements and everything looks fine. I have a brand new HP computer so there is plenty of RAM. I cleared the cache folders. Everything should be a go. Tried to start the process again. Now the monkey has been beating on that drum for over 45 minutes!!!! DD gave up and is long gone. I've pulled out all my hair.

Sure glad that Easter Bunny wasted his hard earned money on this whole Webkinz fad.:sad2:

Any suggestions????

That happens to us every now and again.

We just shut down that window, and try again. It should only take about a minute to load up.

If you're on a wireless connection, perhaps your signal is too low. that's happened to us as well.

Good Luck!

hang in there. the site was very slow or the server was down this past weekend. should be working now.

I think it just was really busy right after Easter sunday. We had trouble all day. But, have been fine since then.

My DD just got the Pink Pony Webkinz from the Easter Bunny. She was bouncing off the walls wanting to try this thing out. After 25 minutes of trying to find a user name that wasn't already in their system (grrr) we tried to log in to the site. For 30 minutes there was a little lion on the screen that said "loading". DD is beside herself with impatience.

I read all of the system requirements and everything looks fine. I have a brand new HP computer so there is plenty of RAM. I cleared the cache folders. Everything should be a go. Tried to start the process again. Now the monkey has been beating on that drum for over 45 minutes!!!! DD gave up and is long gone. I've pulled out all my hair.

Sure glad that Easter Bunny wasted his hard earned money on this whole Webkinz fad.:sad2:

Any suggestions????

We are having trouble with the site too!
We have been trying unsuccessfully for several months to register as a new user. EVERY TIME we get a "please try again later" message on the Adoption Center page (on the notebook). And of course I cannot find any ways to contact them without having a username - it is very frustrating and very disappointing to my DS who was given his Webkinz as a b-day gift in January!!! :sad2:

DD just registered her two new ones she got for Easter and it worked fine.

The site is a pain in the butt regularly but this weekend it kept shutting down probably because of all the Easter Webkinz everyone got. We finally got Sherbert bunny's room decorated after 3 days of getting booted off. If it takes a long time to load I just relogin for DD.

Now the monkey has been beating on that drum for over 45 minutes!!!! DD gave up and is long gone. I've pulled out all my hair.

Any suggestions????

I know how frustrating this is...DD has no patience for the stupid monkey (or lion or dog or cat or whatever they put up there). I found that if you click another link, like the "Parent's Area" one, and login from that screen, it will work sometimes. Good luck!

We are having trouble with the site too!
We have been trying unsuccessfully for several months to register as a new user. EVERY TIME we get a "please try again later" message on the Adoption Center page (on the notebook). And of course I cannot find any ways to contact them without having a username - it is very frustrating and very disappointing to my DS who was given his Webkinz as a b-day gift in January!!! :sad2:

Try emailing support@webkinz.com . I had an issue recently and it took them a few days, but they did get back with me. I suspect they had no idea how quickly this would take off so they didn't staff their IT department accordingly. From experience, I've seen that it can take longer than you'd think to acquire a reliable, knowledgable IT staff.

Try emailing support@webkinz.com . I had an issue recently and it took them a few days, but they did get back with me. I suspect they had no idea how quickly this would take off so they didn't staff their IT department accordingly. From experience, I've seen that it can take longer than you'd think to acquire a reliable, knowledgable IT staff.

Thank you!!! I just sent them an e-mail, hopefully we can get some answers! :confused3

I had to turn off my pop up blocker to log in i have 4 kids on at once and its not a prob . but this is the first time ive had to yell to get off the computer they are hooked!!

I've heard this several times since Easter......they are becoming such a popular item you can't even find them anywhere...but once you get on and finally register ( We registered back in Jan and had trouble too, try again later etc etc.....so my kids ended up logging in and playing under their cousin's password etc!:idea: ) it's really a fun website.......the kids really do get hours of enjoyment and I feel they learn a lot about caring for something, earning enough " money" to purchase stuf for it etc......it's just too bad the Webkinz are being bought in large quantities from the stores and then sold on ebay....good luck....you'll enjoy it once all the kinks are worked out!:cheer2:

I think they're experiencing growing pains. :) We have that problem once in a while, usually during peak times. DD's friend tried to get on and they were using an aol browser (they have broadband and kept the aol service). Once they started using explorer they had no problem. Don't know if it's cause or coincidence but it worked for them.

Good luck!

It can be a major PITA some days. I do like another poster. I shut down that screen and open a new one. Then I find it works perfectly. For me mornings are the best time to be on there. I have no issues in the morning but around 3-4PM CST oh boy does it start giving me issues. I really get lots of issues around 8 PM or later. Very hard to get on but of course around 10PM it works great again until you get kicked off.

I love the site and I have my own account and one for my ds. We each have 10 animals and having a blast playing on the site. DS likes to be in his room playing with his pets more. I prefer to play the online games and the Quizzy's Trivia. I have been getting a ton of money with the trivia.

There were issue slately. We tried logging in on Easter for the free eggs & could not get in for over 1 hour. Did anyone else get in for the free eggs? What were they like?
I love Webkinz- I am thinking of asking dh for one of my own for my birthday ~ if we can ever get them in stock in our area! No one has them & they do not know when they will be in again. Ganz is really shooting themselves in the foot on this one.

a little OT, but did anyone read in the Webkinz newspaper on the site about not cheating on the games? Does anyone know what that? How would somone be able to cheat on the computer?

I agree - I think there were tons of kids adding their Easter presents on Sunday. We actually never had a problem until Sunday - which was bad for hours. We have had problems ever since - but on and off - I agree it has to be growing pains which I hope they fix soon!!!

re: the cheating: my DD asked me - and the only thing I could think of to tell her was maybe there are computer programs that can play the games for you - I am not sure either?:confused3

a little OT, but did anyone read in the Webkinz newspaper on the site about not cheating on the games? Does anyone know what that? How would somone be able to cheat on the computer?

There are cheat codes out there, that allow you to earn money quicker, and easier.

That's how they're cheating. You can find them on boards that are devoted to webkinz.

Oh - that clears it up~~! I couldn't figure out how someone could cheat on webkinz!

there are cheat codes? That is unbeleiveable that someone would mae cheat codes for somethingor kids. It's supposed to be something fun and a learning experience for kids. Why do peopel have try to ruin the fun of things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter