Web hosting and purchase of domain name

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
I need advice on reputable, reliable, inexpensive web hosting services and where best to purchase a domain name (same criteria).

I find pacwebhosting brilliant. I pay £2.58 a month for everything you could want on a website. I did have a parenting one with hundreds of pages, fantastico, website design programme, forums, blogs, chat, galleries etc but recently deleted that one, too much for one person to run lol.

I'm starting a photography one now with the same webhost. I've not even begun to get through everything it offers. Highly recommended.

http://www.pacwebhosting.com/

Deb, I have purchased 2 domain names from 1&1 Hosting with no problems:

http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/...&PID=2987125&gclid=CN_txYql0pgCFQyjQwodhSiWzw

They seem quite reasonable and offer various hosting packages for home or business use with planty of email accounts.

The onyl thing with them is you have to watch because, even if you don't renew the domain name and/or hosting services they will still try and charge you. I fell into that trap a couple of years ago with them - got an email asking me to contact them if I wanted to renew - I didn't so didn't contact them, then almost 2 years later I get a huge invoice from out of nowhere. Finally got it sorted but still had to pay some kind of admin cancellation charge :sad2:

I also use 1and1 and if you have multiple domain names the instructions for uploading to each are not crystal clear. I ended up finding the lengthy search help process more helpful than speaking to one of their non english speaking help desk 0870 number. I agree also that you have to actively cancel extras or anything else with them but they have provided a good service for years

I use one.com never had any problems with them.

They are doing a deal at the moment, a year free. Although you may have to pay some sort of charge. Just noticed the freebie when I went on the site to post the link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter