Weather

Disneylovingmomof2

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

We will be arriving in a few days, haven’t been in Oct before. I know weather is unpredictable but what should we expect on the days where it’s showing 40%/tstorms possible. For those there now or who have been recently, how much rain have you actually been getting?

Todays or yesterdays weather has no bearing on what it will be like in a few days, especially in central Florida. Even in October, storms tend to be hit or miss, hence the 40% chance. You may get nothing, you may get a nasty storm that passes in 30 minutes. It could storm in AK and be sunny in MK (seriously). Be prepared for a pop up shower/storm, but hope that it doesn't come. You can usually see them "building" in the sky, the clouds are pretty obvious, and sometimes ominous.

I live about 10 minutes from WDW and we haven't been getting as much rain lately, but looking at the forecast for the next week, chances go up, so be prepared. It's still hot 85-90 during the day and not really cooling off too much at night, a light sweatshirt for the cool rides, restaurants and stores will be good. I always take rain gear to the park because you just never know and it's better to have it than get soaked and debate about buying a poncho.

My experience at this time of year has been quick passing deluges of rain. 15 minutes later, sun is out.

Choose this time to either get in line under cover, get some food inside, or do a little shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter