Weather

Discussion in 'Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa' started by DisFan84, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:32 AM.

1. DisFan84

DisFan84 Mouseketeer

We leave two weeks from today :teeth: and I’ve been watching the weather like a hawk for the past month. Now, we’re Oregonians- love the rain, especially warm rain when it calls for a storm, but how much stock can I put in the weather two weeks out? It says three thunderstorms the week we leave. This will be our first trip to Hawaii and am hoping for very little rain (fingers crossed)

Thanks!

2. pepperandchips

pepperandchips [melinda]

We were in Hawaii over Christmas and the first week of January. The weather reports predicted rain while we were there but they were inaccurate. We had great weather! It only rained (drizzled) a bit one evening which was just enough to deflate my hair as we walked to and from the plaza across the street from Aulani.

The Hawaiian islands are also weird that the weather on one side of the island can be completely opposite from the weather on the side where you are. Ko Olina is on the leeward side which is overall drier. I will cross my fingers for you that any rain you see is happily observed from your balcony. Enjoy your honeymoon and congratulations!

DisFan84 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. alohamom

alohamom DIS Veteran

@pepperandchips is correct in that Ko Olina tends to be drier so it could be raining buckets in Waikiki and sunny at Aulani.

DisFan84 likes this.
  5. ArcticTeacher

ArcticTeacher Earning My Ears

I leave in six days, hoping for great weather!

DisFan84 likes this.
  6. frank808

frank808 DVC Member

I would not trust a forecast that far out. It is just an educated guess. It could rain for 5 minutes and be nice the rest of the day. I have trouble trusting the weather report for the next day ket alone 2 weeks out.

As others have said, Aulani is on the leeward side of Oahu which is very dry. I have lived here all my life and still wake up every morning and see what the weather looks like instead of trusting the report from the 9pm news.

DisFan84 likes this.
  7. DisFan84

DisFan84 Mouseketeer

Thank you all for the responses. I’m just excited to be there :) rain or shine

8. Alice Sr.

Alice Sr. My little Mouseketeer

We leave the 20th, now there are at least two hoping :)

DisFan84 likes this.
  9. DisFan84

DisFan84 Mouseketeer

It's hard to say off Weather.com but I really need to- it's a smidge discouraging... 11 days to go!

10. Cinderella94

Cinderella94 I miss my tags!

We have been here since Jan 5 and are leaving on Thursday. I haven’t bothered checking the weather so can’t say how accurate the forecast has been, but it’s rained twice. Once on Wednesday night for about 10 min (a drizzle really) and then yesterday around 5 pm for maybe half an hour? Otherwise it’s been gorgeous. I don’t know if that is really what is considered “rainy season” or if we’ve just been very lucky, but it’s been great.

Alice Sr. and DisFan84 like this.