Weather in January

mmschwaba

Earning My Ears
Hi,
Has anyone been to disney in January or had a wedding during that time? How is the weather and what is the temp range? Also are the water parks open and if they are is it to cold to go during that season? One more thing does anyone know if the 2004 vacation package prices are out yet. I'm trying to get an idea of what a 6 night stay with tickets and everything is. Thanks

I was there in January about 10 years ago...the weather was cool and comfortable....very pleasant! I remember wearing shorts every day with a sweatshirt or windbreaker. I can't recall if the water parks were open....January was a great month to be there....crowds were thinner and the weather was not as oppressively hot as it can be in the summer so you really can enjoy all of the attractions. Have a wonderful time!

We were at Disney this past January (6-9) for our wedding site visit. The weather was wonderful and there were no major wait times for any of the rides. I would seriously consider a wedding at the pavillion just in case it is really chilly or windy. Randy Chapman took engagement photos for us one afternoon at the polynesian and it was really chilly. Just after we finished, there was a wedding at sunset point -- they looked pretty cold and the bride had a strapless/sleaveless dress-- temperatures were in the 60's-mid 70's for the four days we were there.

Marne
06-16-03
WP/LS

My daughter just married at WDW on January 14, 2003, and the weather was gorgeous. High 70's. We were there a couple of years ago the first week in January and the highest the temp got was 50, so you just never know.
:D

Been vacationing in WDW in January since the early '90's and you can get anything from sunny and 80 down to windy and '30's. The only water park that they have open in January is Typhoon Lagoon, and they will occasionally close it for the day for inclement weather. I was there this past January and while it was pleasant on the 14th a few days later they had record lows. I was walking through Downtown Disney with a hooded fleece jacket and mittens on!
:eek:

We're planning on getting married in January 2004 down there, but I'll be making sure that we'll be using an indoor location, just in case.:)

we were there in 2001 in January and the weather was pretty chilly, I wore a puffa jacket for most of the holiday! But then a couple of days the weather was glorious! So as others have said you just never know.

Then we were there in March this year and weather was lovely, with acouple of days at 45 degrees!!

The weather didn't really change how much we enjoyed the holiday though, it was more comfortable than waiting in the lines in the heat!

Have a wonderful Time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter