Weather in August

signtalker

"in House" Disney Cast Member
Due to DS's exams this year we are having to go away in August:sad2:

Were flying into Vegas(mandalay Bay), for a couple of days, then off to Phoenix for a week, Tuscon for a week, Sedona for 3 days, and then back to vegas for 3 days staying in Bellagio
Last time we went was in May, and it was abit cool for us.

whats the weather like at this time of year, in terms of heat were all okay, but whats the rain situation like???, is it just a short sharp shower each day, or can we expect torrential rain everyday??

Thanks
Jules

Hi Jules, good to see you about :)

I dont recall any rain in August for the times I visited this area in the 1990's and the temps in the desert were well over the 100's! Although I do recall driving through a snow shower at the higher elevations towards the Grand Canyon! Sounds like you will have a wonderful time.

Claire ;)

We had rain once in Phoenix and Vegas during August, both times it was very brief, which it quite typical of the thunderstroms you might encounter in these areas.

Just go to Weather Underground. you can look at history of temp. and see that July/August are the hottest months. !!! :scared: 105....110 temps.
Pretty darn hot.

I'm thinking Tempe doesn't get much rain in August. If we do, it'll be a quick monsoon. It wil be HOT though. August is one of our hottest months and we're already a good 10* hotter than average this year.

HOT in Vegas in August 110+ is common. Not sure about AZ, haven't been there since I was a kid.

Hot in Arizona is 115 and humidity of 80 to 90% in August. We were there one time when it was 117. Too hot even for the water park. We waited till evening when it went down to about 105!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter