Weather/clothes for W. Caribbean in December?

LoveStitch

Mouseketeer
Hi...I'm sorry if this thread exists elsewhere...I've been looking around but haven't really found anything yet.

Anyway, I am excitedly pre-pre-planning for our cruise on the Fantasy the beginning of December next year, and wonder about the kinds of clothes I should think about. How does the weather tend to be at that time of year? Hot, warm, pleasant, cold...? How about onboard and in dining rooms? Should I be thinking about summery clothes? Sweaters? Are sandals appropriate or is it too cold, etc?

Any and all insight would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you! :dance3:

The weather can change at any time; however, on our 4 early December cruises we have worn summer clothes. I pack the jeans just in case but it has always been too hot to wear them on the ship. One year it was windy at PC so we did wear jeans and denim jackets that day. I haven't been chilly in the dining rooms but others have reproted it being cold to them. Pack a light sweater just in case.

Thanks - so even sleeveless dresses might be okay for dinner?

How dressed up do people get for formal and semi-formal nights? And do they dress in costume for the Pirates Party? Will we look out of place if we don't?

I always wear sundresses or sleeveless on the 7 night cruises for eastern or western. We dress up for the formal/semiformal nights. DH & DS wear suits and DD and I wear nice dresses, usually long at least one of those nights. We both wear dresses the other night and the guys were kahkis and polos/button down shirts. We usually dress up for pirate night in costume, but are not going to for Alaska due to luggage weight since we are flying this time. We travel with friends who also dress up. Not everyone does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter