Weather at Castaway Cay mid December

dwelty

"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney
Sure this has been asked before, but what is the weather like Mid December at Castaway Cay?

I was wondering about this, too.

Will I want to go in the water?

I was wondering about this, too.

Will I want to go in the water?

I think our best bet would be to venture over to the cruise boards and ask there...they are very informative.

I will probably go in the water just as much as I did the first time. Torpedo dunk via parasail. Up to my knees at the adult beach. It was lovely, I'm just not a beach person. I had more fun writing post card, sharing lunch with friends, and chatting it up on the beach than I would have if I would have gone swimming.

I am want to try snorkling. I only recently learned that I can waer a mask over my contacts so I can see under water!

I am hoping I can put off reserving the snorkle equipment until we get to the Cay and I can know the water and air temperature.

Im not so worried about the water temps (from So Cal where the Alaskan Current makes our water cold all year long). I was really asking about the air temps.

I think our best bet would be to venture over to the cruise boards and ask there...they are very informative.

I will probably go in the water just as much as I did the first time. Torpedo dunk via parasail. Up to my knees at the adult beach. It was lovely, I'm just not a beach person. I had more fun writing post card, sharing lunch with friends, and chatting it up on the beach than I would have if I would have gone swimming.

We didn't swim much either Todd. That didn't stop us from having an absolute blast! Castaway Cay is not to be missed! :goodvibes

Average Temps for December in the Bahamas according to the Weather Channel, is Low 63 degrees - High 80 Degrees

I am want to try snorkling. I only recently learned that I can waer a mask over my contacts so I can see under water!

I am hoping I can put off reserving the snorkle equipment until we get to the Cay and I can know the water and air temperature.

There's lots and lots of equipment so don't worry about booking it til you get to CC. :cool1:

The snorkelling was pretty good on the adult beach: if you were in the right locale, schools of fish came to check you out! :goodvibes We'll try the family trails next time. :thumbsup2

cheers,
:flower3:

There's lots and lots of equipment so don't worry about booking it til you get to CC. :cool1:

The snorkelling was pretty good on the adult beach: if you were in the right locale, schools of fish came to check you out! :goodvibes We'll try the family trails next time. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the advice. I am hoping I can tag along with someone who knows the way. I have never snorklled!

What are "family trails"? I have heard there are places where you find Mickey under water.

We have gone in December twice. The water was a little chilly when you first stepped in but we enjoyed it after we got used to it. It was heavenly. Nothing beats being on a tropical island decorated for Christmas.

We have gone in December twice. The water was a little chilly when you first stepped in but we enjoyed it after we got used to it. It was heavenly. Nothing beats being on a tropical island decorated for Christmas.

Now that's what I can't wait to see. This will be our first cruise, and first time on an island. I'll probably at least go in the water, even for a minute, just to say I did it. But then again, I'm used to the cold ocean water at the Jersey Shore, so I may just feel right at home... except for the nicer looking water!:rotfl2:

Thanks for the advice. I am hoping I can tag along with someone who knows the way. I have never snorklled!

What are "family trails"? I have heard there are places where you find Mickey under water.

If you've never snorkelled before, I'd start at the family beach where I believe there are lifeguards, just in case. You don't even have to know how to float to snorkel as they give you air vests to wear. :thumbsup2 Just try your equipment out in waist-deep water for a minute until you're used to it, then you should be good to go! :cool1:

On the family beach there is a snorkel "trail". You don't have to follow it but you'd find the Mickey you mentioned there, etc. :goodvibes

Great to know, thx Kathy! :thumbsup2

Anyone know if the temps in the water at CC are about the same as Key West in December? :confused3 I've snorkelled there during Christmas-time and was just wondering if it was close. We rented some suits for our snorkelling around the Keys (but boats took us out to the reefs so it was much further out from the beach too). Just wondering if we should look at getting some suits for CC...we definitely want to snorkel there again.

cheers,
:flower3:

A couple of years ago, I took a Celebrity cruise and we spend Xmas day on their private island. Air temps were pleasantly warm/almost hot and the water was lovely. I splashed back and forth between my beach chair and the water all afternoon.

As a lover of the holidays and all things Castaway Cay, this is the most exciting post I've read all day. Tropical Holidays!? Squeeeeee!!!

I swam at Castaway Cay in early November and the water was a bit chilly, but doable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter