Wearing White at WDW

Disney-&-Baseball

Mouseketeer
I am a pooh-sized person but have recently lost 36 lbs.:cheer2: We are going in June. I plan on wearing light cotton crop pants and shorts in various colors. They all have drawstring waists and are very loose, so if I lose some more weight before then (hopefully!!) they should be OK. I have one pair of white shorts and several white or light colored t-shirts. Do I need to worry about how I will look if I get wet? I don't wear any wild color undies or anything like that.;) I guess I am still insecure because of my weight, but I usually like to look nice. Will wearing white be OK???

I would be a little worried about getting wet (since they will likely be see through) but you can test that before you leave.

I have found when wearing light coloured shorts at the parks that I always get something on my bum. Usually a small child has used the seat before me and you know how that goes...

I try to stick to darker colours or patterns that will hide such things.

I try not to wear white both for see-through issues as well as it tends to get dirty quickly in the parks. I don't think size matters. Whether someone was a size 4 or a size 24 I would suggest that they don't wear white in the parks. I have seen people who were wearing white get off of water rides wet and their clothing was COMPLETELY see-through.

Ultimately it is your choice and you should wear whatever you are comfortable in but I can say that white is not a color that I would wear in a theme park. :)

Agree with above posters, you can try to stay dry but sit on one dirty bench, seat etc. and white shows it all.

Never wear white in the parks when touring :scared1:
I'm speaking from experience a couple of years ago I had on a white tank top and yellow tank top layered look, I thought I was covered if it got wet WRONG!!!!!! and it started raining, pouring is the word. Let's just say wet t- shirt contest.This man looked at me and said Wow!!! Love the liquid sunshine,,, I was so embarrassed.:eek: I had to duck into a store and buy shirt.
I do wear white in the evenings to dinner, normally we dine over at Epcot, or DTD.I do take a over shirt of some kind along because some of the Restaurants are very cold.

Congrats on losing the weight good luck to the future but enjoy when you go to the park and dont worry to heavily about being heath concious.

I try to wear darker colors because without fail I always drop something on my shorts/jeans. I wear white tops though...I hate water rides and I'm the first to pull on a poncho when it rains!

Looking back at our trip photos, the white shirts don't look as good as dark shirts. It is also easy to get dirty going in and out of rides.

I try to avoid lighter colored pants (and even white tank tops) for the same reasons others have listed. Somehow, I'm always the one to sit in the spot that, even though it looked clean, ends up getting my bum dirty. Or I spill ketchup/ice cream/soda all over myself and my white pants. Or how I'm always the ONLY ONE on the river rapids to get wet EVERY SINGLE TIME! :rotfl:

I dirtied a white soccer jersey in Epcot last year, and I have no idea how. No food stains, no dirt smudges, just these mysterious red specs all over. Don't know how it happened.

I'd be wary of white.

Congrats on the weight loss first of all!!

I have to agree and say avoid the white. If you like it and feel comfortable in it, go for it, but I think you'll find yourself frustrated with dirt and whatnot. Another thing to consider is how much you'll sweat and if you'll have see through wet spots from that and sweat stains.

i suggest not wearing white at all. because of water rides, rain, and clumsy people / yourself being clumsy and spilling something on yourself. if you really want to wear white i would suggest bringing an extra pair of clothes just in case =]

Congratulations on your fantastic weight lose :yay:

I wear white in the park because its my fav colour although looking through old photos I do prefer myself in darker colours.

Wear what you like and feel comfatable in!

congrats on losing the weight. I would wear what ever makes you feel comfortable, you may consider tying a light weight sweater or jacket around your bottom when sitting so that you can avoid the stains. :confused3, But what ever you decide, I hope you have a blast!:cheer2:

Murphy's Law!

In this case. If you are worried that it "might happen", then it will happen! Save yourself the chance of embaresment and leave the white at home.

Congrats on the weightloss. Wear what you like I always bring a shawl with me incase I get chilly or want to cover up or a light sweater you could make a habit of sitting on it and look before you sit =) I know I always do and if its dirty I tell the cm I'll wait for the next car. It sounds odd but I'm not sitting in a puddle (non water rides) or on obvious food/dirt.

Don't see anything wrong with wearing white.I have done it before.Just dont wear colored underwear and go on the water ride at AK because if you wear colored underwear and get wet the colored underwear will show through.Also might sure you arent do to get a visit from Aunt flo

I agree with those who advise against white pants or shorts (you never know what you will sit on) and those who point out that white t-shirts and tanks will tend to be see-through.

However, I am a big fan of carrying an over-size, three-quarter to full-length sleeve 50 SPF shirt (I get them from Coolibar) in white. I put it over my regular brightly colored t-shirt top when the sun is really beating down on me, and if anything it makes me feel cooler since is it reflects the sun away. (It's also great for preventing skin cancer and not likely to wash off like suntan lotion is.) The shirt is also handy indoors when the air-conditioning is chilly. It takes up relatively little space (I roll it up in my regular day-pack) and it also seems to make me looked more "put together" in pictures. (I too am somewhat overweight.)

Anyway, just a thought. White does have its advantages as an additional cover-up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter