We need to eat better!

Eating Better:
There are a lot of differing opinions out there, many extreme but some good rules of thumb for eating healthy is eat real food you prepare from ingredients, not processed food from a box you have to warm up and cook at home as often as possible. I also suggest cutting out as much processed sugar as possible. This is harder when eating packaged food and easier when you cook with fresh vegetables, beans, and meat. Avoid white bread and baked goods and if you want to eat things like pasta try to make it a weekly meal. Most people also don't eat enough healthy fat so if you can include olives, avocados, and nut butters into your diet that helps.

Exercise:
Find a physical activity you enjoy so it doesn't feel like you are making yourself workout against your will. If that is walking walk, if that is running run, if that is biking bike. Just do something that works up a sweat for 30-60 minutes a day 5 times a week and then go from there. If you work or live on an upper floor walk, if you need to go to the store bike or park a bit away and walk, do what you can to add movement to your day no matter what it is.

Just to show the difference, I went to Walmart website and my own grocery store. I picked an item that is cheap and something most people would buy, sandwich bread.

View attachment 682069 View attachment 682070

Looking at the ingredient list for both, I deleted common ingredients for both.

In the Walmart bread, these were the ingredients not in the Irish bread
Wheat Flour (Malted Barley Flour, Mononitrate [Vitamin B1], Riboflavin [Vitamin B2], Folic Acid), Sugar, Soybean Oil, Datem, Calcium Sulfate, Soy Lecithin, Citric Acid, Grain Vinegar, Potassium Iodate, Monocalcium Phosphate.

In the Irish bread, these were the ingredients not in the Walmart bread
Wheat Flour (Calcium Carbonate), Soya Flour, Preservative (Vegetable Oils and Fats (Palm and Rapeseed), Flour Treatment Agent (Ascorbic Acid)

This is what I mean about the hidden sugars in American food and how much extra chemicals are in American food compared to other countries. People don't realise how bad American food really is, when something like bread contains sugar.
Are you sure you don't want us to add a little Yellow Number 5 and High Fructose Corn syrup to your Irish Pride bread? Plus it's called "Irish Pride", we could easily add a bunch of clovers to the packaging so people know it's different from French Pride bread. That's the one with a guy in a beret and striped shirt smoking a cigarette.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter