We leave in 10 days and now DH can't go! HELP!

Do you have a teenaged babysitter? It might be worth it (to you) to pay for their ticket/r&b to have the extra help. You could even set it up so they only needed to help you part of the day.

Teenager, nothing! For that sweet a set up I'd go in a heartbeat! April- wanna make a new friend? :lovestruc :rotfl:

Is he outprocessing for deployment or PCS?
If it's PCS, then he can try to make arragnments to change the dates. If it's deployment he might be able to have his commander make an agreement with him that he would need to do things before he left (things he can do alone and not with the group) and cut his time with you short and fly back from DL.
I would give him different ideas and see if he will take that up with his boss.

Best of luck.

We are Pcsing and it he can't leave because we just got orders and we need to be back in Alaska by June 15th!! Since we are considered an overseas tour most people have 9 months to prepare but we only have 4 weeks. THe week of Disney he has all kinds of appts and when we get back we need to clearhousing and ship our car and deal with the movers. Also we are going on a special duty so he has a few extra things that need to be done before he leaves. Not to mention training the next shop chief.
It was his idea for us to go and have fun since we won't be back to CA. We have tried different options but it looks like I will be solo.

I did this last year over spring break. My kids were 5, 3, and 1. Yes I was like this the entire time :eek: . Needless to say I didn't need to worry about the 'major' rides but I was worried about naps, eating, etc. We stayed at the Residence Inn (a bit of a walk) and I had a double stroller. I recommend you have your itinerary planned in advance and have flexible alternatives. Take breaks when needed and try to preempt them so you can try to avoid the meltdowns.
Feel free to ask any specific questions you may have. You'll have fun no matter what, afterall look where you'll be :thumbsup2 .

steph

Did you do any character meals alone? I am going to try to book one today. My DH doesn't care for them. He thinks they take up time that we could be riding rides. Now that he's not going I may book one or two to give us all a nice break.

We're there the 25th through the 29th. We're staying at HoJo, and we have a Volo.

PLEASE let's meet up so you can go on some fun rides and we can help you with your kids!

Right now we have a princess breakfast scheduled at 9:40 on the 26th for DS's birthday request. But he got all thrilled thinking about Lilo and Stitch, and is now saying he'd rather have b'fast with them instead of the princesses (he just loves the princesses (and the attention they give him)), so we might switch over there, just in case you've made plans for either of those meals on that day.

:goodvibes

I will have my lime green mickey heads on my green bag and stroller! We are a tall family so sometimes we are hard to miss! It would be great to meet someone from here.

I just wanted to thank everyone who has offered up advice and suggestions for my family. The DIS ROCKS!!:cool1:

Wow.

And my friends think we're crazy b/c we have barely packed and have 2 weeks to move just across the street!:rotfl:

I'm a shrimp, only 5'3", but the Volo is scarlet and white, hubby is 5'10" and built like an aging sumo wrestler, and DS has red hair. :) So they are obvious, IMO, even though I am not so much. :goodvibes

When we got a sitter through GCH a couple years ago, they referred us to Sitters Unlimited. If you were interested in getting a sitter, I'm sure you could get them to go to the park with you, but would probably have to pay tickets plus hourly. And it looks like you already have lots of good options on the Disboards!

Just thought I'd offer that up.

Have a wonderful time. Take lots of pictures. What a joy it must be to take 3 kids to Disney :). I am sorry your husband has to miss out on the trip, but glad he is wanting you to go and enjoy if he is unable to. I have no advice. I did think that anyone could take a child to the disney hotels childrens programs-- but I am not sure. I hear it is fun for kids 2 youngest could play and you and oldest go do rides for 2 hours or so.

No matter-- Just have fun

Wow, bumbershoot, what a nice thing you're doing! I'm really impressed. I wish I could give you kudos or something! You're my hero.

PLEASE let's meet up so you can go on some fun rides and we can help you with your kids!

That is so sweet of you!! :lovestruc

I can't guarantee that we will be at the parks then, but we live nearby and have AP's. If we are there, we'd also love to help! I have a 4.5 year old DD who would love to play with your kids, and we could work something out for helping your oldest go on some big kid rides.

PM me as your trip gets closer!

Okay, I will be at parks, too. We check into Fairfield Inn (next to Hojo's) for 25th to 29th. We'll be in the parks for 3 days starting on the 26th. My 12 year old dd is a bit chicken so she will sit out some of the rides. I will go get a lime green mickey and make sure we have it. We are a family of 4. My kids and husband all wear glasses (my daughter's are red glasses and she is tall).

If you see us, say hello and we will help you. We aren't great planners so we will mostly do things by ear.

Well my Dad is flying out to help after all. The kids are excited to see their Pappy and go to DL. So I do get to ride Splash and Indie with my oldest DD!
BUT I would still love to meet up with anybody who is there!

I cannot believe all the generous offers from the people here on the dis!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. It can be hard being married to the Air Force so I won't forget the kindness offered right here on the Dis! Thanks ladies!:cheer2:

I'm so glad!! If we are in the parks, we'd still meet up if you'd like.

Are you guys moving to Alaska then? DD was born in Anchorage, but we haven't been back since she was a baby. I can't wait to take her to visit when she gets a little older!

Yes we are moving back to Alaska. My DH is in the Air Force and we lived at Eielson (near North Pole/Fairbanks) for 4 years. So my Dh seperated from the Air Force and joined the Alaska Air National Guard(with no break in service) so we can finish up the rest of his 9 years til retirement in Alaska.
We are pretty excited to be moving back!

I would still love to meet up with anyone there though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter