• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We have cat 3 question

LOLA2

TINK<br><font color=9966ff> I never heard of not t
I guess I did not look into this too well. I found out after booking that some pull down beds are in bedroom. I was hoping it would be in living room. I have a 10, 11 (sleeper sofa) and 5yo who I wanted on pull out in living room.
now I know that pull down in living rooms are only for mid ship. I called and they said there are no more mid ship left.

Do they have roll aways at all that can be brought in and maybe I could get them to take a chair or two out? Or would a twin aerobed work at all, as far as room?

If worse comes to worse he can bunk with us but I was looking forward to downtime before bed witha little privacy.

Which cat 3 did you book? If it is a mid ship cat 3 you are ok but if not I am pretty sure the pull down is in the bedroom. I am also pretty sure they do not have roll aways.
Good luck.

Would the 5yo go for a sleeping bag? You could bring one with you.... Or maybe one of those new kiddie aero beds. They don't take up any more room than a sleeping bag.

There is really no room for an aerobed or rollaway in the living room when the sleeper sofa is open, sorry. Put your name on the waitlist for one of the midship rooms and maybe you'll get lucky.

Don't exect to keep to your regular bedtimes on the cruise. There is just too much going on. On our cruise (we were in 8022), I don't think DD2 ever got to be before 10pm and normally she is in bed by 8p. Your kids are all old enough for the club/lab. If you want alone time in the cabin have the kids spend the evening at the club/lab. They'll love it. They do have mats for the little ones to lie down on and rest/sleep in the evenings while watching movies. Also, it is beautiful to sit on the verandah with the moon reflecting off the water.

I agree with the response. Once the sofa bed is pulled out there is very little room for anything else because of the table and chairs.

Definitely put yourself on the waitlist for the midship cat 3's or (if you can afford it) a category 2.

We were in 8022 and there is no room once the sofabed is pulled out unless you rearrange all the other furniture. The sofabed was pretty good size...it swallowed up my 3 year old...could all three possibly fit?

We have only stayed in 8532. These mid ship cat 3's have the pull down bed in the living room.

See if you can get a mid ship cat 3!

how do I go about getting on the waitlist for the mid ship cat 3?

It looks like your cruise is only a few months away. At this point, your best bet would probably be to call DCL often to see if one opens up. Be prepared to stick with what you have because unfortunately the Midship Cat. 3's are extremely popular and booked far in advance like the Cat. 1s and 2s.
We are in a midship Cat 3 - 8532 for our October cruise. I have been calling DCL weekly to see if a Cat 2 has opened up but I have not had any luck. The CM told me to continue checking because they have had Suites open up days before a sailing.

In the cat 3s that are not midship, you cannot even walk between the foot of the sofa bed, when it is set up, and the wall unit where the TV is. There is too much furniture in these rooms. I didn't think the cost of the cat 3 was worth it as I had issues with the concierge on our first cruise. So . . .

Last year we booked two connecting cat. 6 cabins which I thought was much better than the cat 3 we had back in July 2001. Our kids slept in beds, not a sofa bed and we had all the privacy we wanted. ;)

I loved the space. I would recommend 2 connecting cat 5 or cat 6 cabins any day over a cat 3 suite.

We found the CAT 3 advantage tremendous as we scheduled nothing til boarding and got everything we asked including Palo's. Our concierge was exceptional. I had furniture removed from the room with no problem. We visited room 8532 on departure and promptly reserved it for this Oct as admittedly it has a better layout and more space but the real caveat was the concierge ability to provide.

lrodptl said:
Our concierge was exceptional.

I'm glad you had a good experience; on our cruise back in July 01 our concierge made a reservation for the Palo brunch for 10am when they didn't open until 10:30! Plus when I asked for raft rentals at CC they never asked me which beach I wanted; just wrote the tickets for the adult beach. The CMs redeemed them at the family beach anyway.

I think we will just ask for the two chairs in living room be removed and then put my sons little spiderman blow up bed there. It doesn't take up too much space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter