• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We got lucky on Southwest!

Dubs1964

Earning My Ears
My wife just booked us a round trip flight from Houston to Orlando on Southwest Airlines for a total cost of $265.00 for 2 tickets, (OK, actually it was $264 & some change, but we'll call it $265 here). We are flying out on Saturday, April 23 & returning Wednesday, April 27.

I just wanted to pass this on to any of you who are planning a trip this Spring.

That is a GREAT fare! I just had to book my son and I from Albuquerque to Houston on SW for a gymnastics meet 3/11 - 13 and it was $610.xx. OUCH!!!

goldcupmom said:
That is a GREAT fare! I just had to book my son and I from Albuquerque to Houston on SW for a gymnastics meet 3/11 - 13 and it was $610.xx. OUCH!!!

You should have bought someones Rapid Reward Tickets! They are great for last minute, and you can change your mind about the day or time and there is no penalty. They don't limit the number of seats like most airlines either.

Dubs1964~~that's a great fare!!! :cool1:

I have been checking around for a flight for our vacation the end of April and the best I have found is on Frontier. We are flying from Albuquerque to Tampa because my brother in law lives near there and is picking us up. We are staying at his house for a day then going to WDW. I can't believe how much higher it is to fly into Orlando! I had found a better price on SW at the end of January but those are gone....should have jumped on them b/c they were non-stop. Now I'm looking at a layover in Denver, CO.

Brenda

by the way, I have the option of flying out of either Albuquerque of El Paso since I live half way between them. My area is trying to get a major airline in here to attrack the tourist. I would love to be able to catch a flight into ABQ or DFW without having to drive 3.5 hours first.

Well, that is a great fare. But from the header I thought for a minute that you might be talking about having joined the "mile high club" or something.;)

Way to go!!!! I just got the same fare and came here to post about it. We got 3 tickets round trip from Houston at a total cost of $397. WooHoo! :cool1: :cool1:

I'm assuming you also got the internet only fare? I had pretty much decided on Continental and last night got on to make sure my fares were still available and they had gone up by $250. :earseek: I was about ready to cry. Thought I'd check all the other airlines one more time and found the internet special. My only catch though, is that I'm gonna have to take my dd's out of school the day before it lets out for the summer. They fill up so fast-last night I had I think 4-5 different flights to choose from on my departure day and this morning when I got up to make the reservation, it was down to two choices.

Anyway, I definitely feel your excitement. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Mickey, here we come!!!!!!!!

I was also able to get some of these great tickets from Houston to Orlando on SW! The one-way fare is $59 and seems to be available Tues, Wed, & Sat. I was able to re-book our March flight to Orlando (which had started at $99, rebooked to $79, then rebooked to $59) and used the credit for our early June trip where I also got the $59 rate!

This is the lowest fare I've seen from Houston in a long time! Sure wish they'd hurry & and extend their schedule so I can see if it's available for my June return flight. I have a feeling that the great fare won't be available when they extend the schedule though, so anyone thinking about getting in on this may want to act quickly.

pumpkinboy said:
Well, that is a great fare. But from the header I thought for a minute that you might be talking about having joined the "mile high club" or something.;)

that's too funny... I thought the same thing! :teeth:

Great deal. I paid $504 for 2 tickets on Continental going from Houston to Orlando. I live 5 minutes from Hobby and 45 from IHA :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter