• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We ate it all.... 7 days on the dining plan.

MSSANDRA

DIS Veteran
Background...
2 real adults and a teen-age adult

7 nights at pop on the DDP. We had the attitude that we will order and enjoy what we want. If we ended up with out of pocket food that was fine. Took no food from home other than a box of oatmeal bars for a quick hold us over breafast a few monrings.

Day 1 - check in.
Had made no ADRs for this day. DS decided he wanted to eat at Coral Reef. We had eated here a few years ago and were not impressed. Told Ds IF we could get a walk in we would try it out.
The magic begain....

Walked up at 5:00 and were told she could work in one more walk-in. US! Five minute wait later we were seated.

Waitress was so sweet. Service last time here had been terrible.

For apps:
1 shrimp cocktail
1 seafood souffle
1 beef polenta
All good

Meals:
salmon
2 new york strips
all delish.. steaks were absolutly perfect. Potatos with it were really good.

deserts:
2 chocolate waves
1 cheese cake
All wonderful and eaten completly!!!!!

Excelent service

Bill- 178.00 3 TS credits

POP food court-
1 box dougnuts we would nibble on all week- 1 S credit

Day 2-

Lunch at Cosmic Rays
2 combo Chicken/Rib meals with mashed potatos and carrots
1 carrot cake 1 chocolate cake
2 dt cokes
All enough to share- good food -2 CS credits

snack at POP
ice cream bar
fruit cup ( large bowl of mellons and grapes- very fresh and good)
2 S credits

Dinner at Ohannas
We had not eaten here since the menu change.
We loved the changes. The shrimp and wings were really good as was the dressing on the salad. I absolulty loved the potatos!! The steak and pork were good and had we not had the perfect steak the night before it would have been even better. We never got to the other meats because we were too full!!!! We requested a small bowl of the pudding and ice cream. MISTAKE. It was sooooo good. We finished it off but no room for any more.

We had a window seat looking at the castle. Service was great. The waiter said he liked to let repeat vistors pace the meal the way they wanted and to just let him know. He was always close by and checked on us often. He said that he often gets complaints of rushing there but if you give people too much time on each thing they get too full to enjoy it all!!!!

We really had a wonderful meal here.

3 TS credits

Snack at MK EHM
Oloha Isle
1 pinapple float
1 chocolate cup
Yummy- 2 S credits

Day 3-
Breakfast at POP
2 adult breakfast platters
2 OJ
Good and enough to share
2 CS credits

Snack
3 soft serve cones
3 S credits

Dinner
Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package
I choose this resturant becasue of the package and really did not expect too much. We ended up really liking it. Service was really good and not slow as some had posted.

Apps-
2 calamari
1 bread soup.
DS did not like the spices on the calamari but that was fine I just ate his!! Soup was good.

dinner-
Pipette shrimp ordered plain ( DS said it was perfect and inhaled it)
Pipette chicken
Diavolo which was the seafood pasta dinner. I really enjoyed it.

desert-
2 lemon custards - Really good but really small. Not enough to share
1 chocolate gelato (ice cream)

Wished we had not had to eat so early but other wise enjoyed this meal very much!!
3 TS credits

POP-late night snack
cheesesteak wrap (really good)
fries
chocolate cake
diet coke.
All shared

1 CS credit

Day 4

lunch
Flame tree barbecue
1 chicken meal with corn and beans
1 rib meal with the same
1 fries basket
2 diet coke
Less food and not as good as the chicken and ribs at cosmic rays HOWEVER..A CM heard me say i did not like all the birds around our table and she stood nearby and kept them away!!!! Magical

2 CS
1 S credit

Snack-
3 ice cream bars
3 S credits

Dinner
Cinderella Gala Feast at 1900 park fair

I really wanted somewhere close to the MK and we like Buffets so I choose this. It turned out we really like it. Cinderella and Prince charming were really awsome. The table near us had three little girls and they got a lot of 1:1 time with them. The mice were so cute and one took up with DS and kept comming back to pick on him. We had a 5:00 ADR and it was not at all crowed but with in the hour it was crazy busy. No walk ups being taken.

Food was good, Prime rib after I requested some a little more done was very good. Loved the strawberry soup and pasta station. Deserts were not great but I just had another bowl of the strawberry soup!!!!

3 TS credits used.

Day 5

Breakfast
Sunshine Season Food fair

2 adult breakfast plates
2 OJ
Less food but better quality than POP breakfast platter. Potatos were really good.

2 CS credits

Lunch
3 bacon cheese burgers/fries
2 cheese cakes/1 chocolate cake
3 diet cokes

Good food but too much. We should have shared this one. Fixin bar was really fresh. I gave DS my fries and had a "side salad" from the bar.

3 CS credits

Dinner
Cap'n Jacks at Down town Disney
We planned this one becaue we wanted to shop this PM
It turned out to be really good

Apps
clam chowder
shrimp cocktail
spinach dip
all good

Dinner
3 shrimp pasta dishes
This was funny. Ds wanted shrimp pasta but there was nothing like that on the menu. Waitress overheard and told him she could get him whatever he wanted. Sounded good so we all had the same thing. Kind of a shrimp alfredo. DH and I found it a little plain but DS who designed it found it perfect.
We all added on the suggestion of the waitress the lobster tails. Very good.

Desert
3 chocolate cake
There were pretty big but oh so good. We finished them off. 3 TS credits

Day 6.
Still eating and still happy!!!!1

Breakfast
3 waffle plates at POP
3 OJ
good
3 CS credits

Lunch
Columbia Harbor
2 combo chic/fish
1 chic plate all with fries
2 apple crisp
1 chocolate cake.

WAY too much food. We wasted a lot. Food was good.

3 CS credits

Dinner at Le Cellier
this was the one we looked most forward too and it did not disapoint.
We had the best waitress and service was great.
WE were offered smoothies here

smoothies
1 mango (wonderful)
1 sour apple (DH said great but I did not like it)

apps
cheese soup (none of us loved it)
beef tender (very good)
Beef barley soup (wonderful)

dinner
3 ny strips- all really good

desert (we got it to go and enjoyed it later at the resort)
All chocolate cake!!!!! great cake

cost 170.00

3 TS credit

Day 6

We grazed our way through the WS this day. We shared everything .

roasted pecans --1 S credit
Lacantina combo meal/churro & drink- 1 CS credit (good)

1 fish& chip/shortbread & drink- I thought this meal was just ok. Fish was kind of greasy and small for the price. Shortbread was the only desert and was a very small package of cookies. Meal was close to 14.00. NOt a good buy for the the credit. - CS credit

3 mcFlurry-Only place I have ever seen orange. It was good.- 3 S credits

Dinner
Alfredos
This was the only place our waitress was not overly friendly but she did a good job and service was fine. She wanted to take our dinner order with our apps but we told her we wanted more time and it was no big issue. It was really loud in there and very crowded. Not sure we will do this one again.

apps
2 calamari (different than any I have ever had but pretty good. A little greasy)
1 alfredo noodle (wonderful)

dinner
1 lasagnette-DS said it was really good
2 pork dinners- Good

desert was our least favorite
DS had the kids strawberry moose and DH and I had some type of pastry filled with cream cheese. It was just ok.

3 TS

DAy 8
Used up leftover credits for a breakfast before we left
1 adult breakfast platter
1 soda
1 croissant
1 danish
1 fruit cup
1 muffin

1 CS credit
4 snack credit.

We never had bad service or a bad meal. Loved the dinning plan.

Happy to answere questions !

MsSandra

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Love your report! We did the same as you on our last trip - used up every single credit! It was a very fun part of having the DDP.

Glad also to hear about Coral Reef - we have our first ever ADR there for our next trip.

Great review:thumbsup2

OMG...i was just at pop and saw those doughnut boxes...

Cant believe that was 1 snack..Niiiiice
Kerri

Nice review. Did you ever add up your total? We did 7 days with 2 adults, DS12, DS13 and my receipts added up to over $1600 (spent $1064 for the plan). I never had a bad TS, CS, or snack. Love the dining plan but it certainly "stretches" the ol' stomach!

Awesome reviews, so glad to hear Ohana's is performing well, can't wait to go in April!

I did not keep up my totals though I should have. I know we saved so much because we used the credit for all three meals and really choose the bigger more expensive counter services that allowed us to share.I am sure we would have spent at least 200.00/day if we had bought the food without DDP.

MsSandra

Good review. We added ours up and ate 1600.00 worth of food for about 1100.00. By the end of the trip our kids would not even want their desserts. We boxed them up anyway and took them back to the room for a midnight snack.:)

WOW, I think I'm stuffed just reading about all the food that you ate. We're using the DDP for the very first time in July. Can't wait.

Hold on. You mean to tell me that because you made a comment about the birds outside that day, a cast member stayed outside with you and kept the birds away the whole time you were eating? Wow I heard of CMs going above and beyond, but I've never heard about something like that.

Lucky you. Glad you enjoyed your meals. We have never had a bad time using the meal plan.

YES.. They over heard me say that those birds kind of freaked me out so she told me not to worry and she stood near the table and shooed them away from the table. Around 11:00 am, and not busy but still it was so very kind of her I thought!!!

We encountered way too many birds fo my taste:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter