We aren't going for a year and a half, but...

Kimbysmom

Mouseketeer
I was reading up on the Orlando International Airport. It said that you have to pick up your luggage and go to customs. Yet, you don't keep your luggage, and it goes on yet another belt. My question is, after you pick it up once, do you drop it off and the ME picks it up from the post customs luggage belt. Just curious, thanks.

All depends on where you're flying from. In most major Canadian airports, you'll pre-clear US customs at the Canadian airport so you'll arrive at Orlando Airport as a domestic flight. Therefore no need for clearing customs there.

I was reading up on the Orlando International Airport. It said that you have to pick up your luggage and go to customs. Yet, you don't keep your luggage, and it goes on yet another belt. My question is, after you pick it up once, do you drop it off and the ME picks it up from the post customs luggage belt. Just curious, thanks.

News to me...

You clear customs in Canada.

Once at MCO, you head to the DME counter get on the shuttle, and arrive at your resort.

Your luggage will be picked up by DME and brought right to your room.

You never have to go to the luggage carousel.

Thanks ccudmore, I'll be leaving from Toronto, so maybe I won't have to worry? Thanks for that info. It helps a lot.

One extra piece of info for Canadians. Because on our return flight you clear customs in Canada as well, you can't use the Resort Airline Checkin service when flying home. You'll have to take your bags on the bus with you and check them in at the airline checkin desk.

Now one more piece of advice.

We flew out of Buffalo last year, and the flights were HALF the rate of flying out of TO.

We booked a hotel the night before, using priceline.com and named our own price. We got the Millenium Inn (it's located right at the Walden Galleria, and only 10 mins from the airport), for $36 (regular $129).

The airport parking is also reasonable, about $70 per week, and the lots are security patrolled, and cameras.

One extra piece of info for Canadians. Because on our return flight you clear customs in Canada as well, you can't use the Resort Airline Checkin service when flying home. You'll have to take your bags on the bus with you and check them in at the airline checkin desk.

Unless you do my above suggestion, and fly into Buffalo ;)

You guys are awesome, I wouldn't have known half of this information if it weren't for you :).

I had the same thing for airfare. From Toronto was double what it will cost from Detroit.

Plattsburgh is also cost effective to fly in/out of too!

We flew out of Buffalo last year, and the flights were HALF the rate of flying out of TO.

I second this!

Last year our family of 4 flew out of Buffalo and round-trip was only $637 US!
AirCanada & WestJet wanted $1800 to $2100. :scared1:

Because our flight was (originally 7am but moved to) 7:40am, we drove up the night before and stayed at a hotel. Paid the "park & fly" option and the hotel's shuttle drove us to the airport in plenty of time. We also stayed the night when we arrived back in Buffalo as we arrived 8-9pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter