We Are Doing The Dinning Plan....

jsweeks@cogeco.ca

<font color=teal>Can you swim in the ocean?<br><fo
Hi we are going to do the dinning plan and I was wondering if anyone has any good tips for us. Like places to go and avoid. We have a 11 year old boy and 8 year old girl. Any info would be great. Thanks popcorn::

Hi we are going to do the dinning plan and I was wondering if anyone has any good tips for us. Like places to go and avoid. We have a 11 year old boy and 8 year old girl. Any info would be great. Thanks popcorn::

Check out the menus on-line before deciding what places to visit - nothing worse than sitting down at a fancy place and having the kids turn thier noses up at everything :headache:

If you have table service meals - making your reservations early.

For table service meals, our kids liked le Cellier, Sc-Fi Diner, 50's Primetime, Kona Cafe, Coral Reef, BOMA breakfast buffet, Crystal Palace Breakfast Buffet. Buffets were great as the kids ate what they wanted

Counter Service meals are nearly the same type of food to us....burgers,fries, hotdogs, chicken fingers, pizza, etc.

Book early and do not be disappointed. We loved Le Cellier, Sci-fi, 50's primetime and Whispering Canyon. The Character meals are great for seeing the characters but the food isn't the best.

O'hana's, Cape May Cafe & Coral Reef top our list for 2009
& now if we can only persuade DH to return to HoopDeDo
Enjoy

Coral Reef was really good and if you kids like any of the characters in particular the character meals are worth. Crystal palace with Pooh is wild fun. The Garden Grill is more reserved but great interaction.

One tip that worked for us was to book your dinner ADR's at off peek times (before 5 or after 7 ) the restaurants are not as busyso you can get in and out faster and you can spend time in the parks while the lines are shorter because every one else is eating .

Good restaurants from our recent trip:

Cape May in the Beach Club - mussel and clam buffet - yummy
Tokyo Dining in Epcot
Teppen in Epcot
Grand Floridian Cafe in the Grand Floridian hotel
Captain's Grille in the Yacht Club

Acceptable:

Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary (food is not so good, but we like this one because there are so many characters walking around)
Donald's Breakfastossaurus in Animal Kingdom (food is not so good, but fun environment)

From the past:

Cinderella's Royal Table - a big disappointment overall. Not worth the time or money. It is definitely not worth the 2 table service credits you'd have to use to get this dinner.

The following list was great in helping us choose:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan.htm#rest

As others have said book early. I have warned my clietns about holding off on doing their adr's. I tell them as soon as we book I can go through with you and pick out what you want. I usually suggest

O'Hana
Kona Café
Akershus (for Princesses)
Chef Mickey's (characters are great and food is pretty good too)
Le Cellier ( I usually end uyp getting most people something there a late lunch or really late dinner lol)
Crystal Palace
Boma
50's Prime Time Café (I enjoy the fried chicken mmmm plus it can be fun)

I personally used to love 1900 Park Fare until they got rid of the strawberry soup.

Alot of people like the buffets too and feel like they can get the most amount of food and please the whole family.

Once again, book early. Get on the phone as soon as you can or get your travel planner to do it for you!

I have to add my 2 cents ;)

Excellent:
1900 Park Fare(D) - the Character interaction was absolutely amazing and the food was good
Cinderellas Royal Table (B) - we loved it, the food was good and DD got to meet all of the Princesses. Worth the 2 credits in our opinion
O'Hanas (D) - DH's favorite!! He could've eaten the meat on a stick all day

Fair to Good:
Cape May Cafe (B) - nothing wring with it, just OK
Chef Mickeys (B)- again OK, very LOUD in there!!
Crystal Palace (B) - Good food, very busy though
Akershus (L) - OK food, you need to know it is Norwegian and there are some very distinct tastes, DD loved seeing the Princesses again
Tusker House (B) - Good food, busy and not very much character interaction

Not Worth It:
Coral Reef (D) - Just thought it was going to be better, not many choices for DD there
Tony's (D) - awful, poor food, poor service, will not return

Counter Service:
We loved Cosmic Rays and ate there often.

We did not mind the food at the All Star Movies Food Court, you got a lot and it was fine. Nothing special, but nothing wrong with it.

Snacks:
We loved the Funnel Cakes and Mickey Ice Cream - we used every last snack on JUNK FOOD ;)

Remember - US portions are a lot bigger than Canadian, so we lots of time shared CS meals. We spilt 2 between 3 of us and always had enough food.

Have fun!!

Amy

Thanks everyone for the input. I am researching it all. We are so looking forward to going and I want to make it enjoyable for us all. Any information is greatly appreciated. My friend told me about this site and I think it is so useful. Thanks again:beach: :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter