• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We are back!

DiznyMagic

<font color=green>Touched by a fairy<br><font colo
Hi gang,

Well we are back! Had a wonderful and smooth trip. I couldn't ask for anything better. The ship was beautiful, the service good and the weather perfect! Some rumors were circulating around the ship about the possibility of another ship (this has been said before) and our server mentioned that Disney is going to trial a 5:30 dinner seating I believe starting in August. We had 6pm dinner seating and I always felt rushed to be there on time not to mention that at times I felt rushed during dinner by the staff. Our servers were nice nothing exceptional but nice. We had requested a table just for us but the cruise was completely booked and we ended up with nice tablemates although I have to say I felt uncomfortable at times.

Disney Dreams was wonderful - don't miss it. I was the 2nd person in line at Flounders but ended up changing my mind and not making ressies. The lady ahead of me had every time slot filled out! Being new to the cruise experience I didn't know what to expect and it was hard to sign up for a time when I didn't know what was happening. Later on it didn't seem worth it because the activities I was interested in were all after 10 pm when she was sleeping or ready for bed and it didn't seem right to put her in there then. It just didn't work out for us but it gives me an excuse for another cruise! My son loved Common Grounds -we only saw him for dinner on most days. Castaway Cay was wonderful - TAKE SUNBLOCK. My complexion is not fair and I was still hurting for two days due to a sunburn!

Any questions please fire away - this was our first cruise ever and I;m already trying to figure out how many extra shift I would need to work to get on a seven day!

Also one tip: I thought I had everything set but overlooked one minor detail: We boarded on a Sunday and forgot that you cannot buy beer or wine before NOON so there went the idea of taking beer and wine in our cooler! Duh:rolleyes:

Sorry this is so long overall it was a great four days (too short) and the ship is beautiful!

Glad you had a great tip, and thanx for the tip on buying beer and wine. I would have never thought about planning around that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter