We’re Still Awake! An August MNSSHP Trip Report (Complete 4/10/21)

Looks like an amazing night! I can’t believe the girls stayed up so late! It is cute that they were proud of themselves like that! 🥰
You got some amazing pictures! And it’s so nice that you were able to enjoy the parade, special meet and greets and shows specific to the Halloween Party!
The girls will remember that night for a long time!

This whole night is a go-to Disney story for them. They'll tell anyone who will listen that they stayed up past midnight in Disney!!

Visiting during Halloween is on my Disney Bucket list. Hopefully MNSSHP will return!!
Your costumes were awesome :)

I really hope the parties can come back, too! We had such a great time and now we want to try to make MVMCP happen as some point, too.

Looks like you all had a really fun night! I love that the girls were so proud of themselves staying up late! Also proud of B for deciding for herself that the show was not worth watching and going to sleep in the stroller. I agree if this was at the end of a long trip they may not have fared as well. Did they all sleep in the next morning?

It was an incredible night all around, and we were all really happy they made it through to the end. I seriously doubt they'd have hacked it on a longer trip, but maybe I was underestimating them. By the time we return next, they'll be around three years older, so they'll have more practice with late nights. They did sleep in comparatively the next morning, but not nearly enough given how late they were up.

B was literally woooo-ing when she heard the parade was going to start. Because we were so close to the front of the parade, we only had to wait a minute for the man of the moment.

9ePSxQOl.jpg
I think the headless horseman was the highlight of the parade for my girls when we saw the parade.

Unfortunately, Jafar wasn’t out and the Genie/Jasmine line had already been cut off. While I was explaining to the girls about the closed line, the woman who was next up yelled out to offer me her spot. When I asked if she was sure, she pointed to her kid conked out in an umbrella stroller and waved us over. It was her turn, so the girls hustled up, ducked under the rope, and had their visit.
Probably not technically koser btu still some nice pixie dust all the same. The lady was debating what to do when she got to the front of the line.

When she confirmed that she was doing the hitchhiking ghosts, I practically squealed with delight. While we hopped into the shot, I told her how surprised I was she didn’t have a line. She said that she’d had much fewer people since they moved the shot location for that year. All the better for us!

QaDXPf6l.jpg
Awsome photos!!!

B stopped trying to watch and passed out
Ha! This would have been Gwen. She would have been done!

Oddly fitting that Sleepy fell asleep first, huh?

I had one last must-do on my agenda as we exited the park: the headless horseman shot. At 12:33 the line was several families long but, with three PP photographers working it, we had our turn only three minutes later.

tH0zhszl.jpg
I love this photo!

Hubby and I loaded the sleeping kids into seats, folded the strollers, and got ourselves on before everyone else finished loading. We finally made it back to our room at 1:25am and all of us immediately went to sleep, clothes and all.
I can't believe they made it the whole time! Waiting for the parades and fireworks do, do you in. And I think was part of our downfall for the Christmas Party!

Glad you guys had such a good time!

I can't believe they made it the whole time! Waiting for the parades and fireworks do, do you in. And I think was part of our downfall for the Christmas Party!

I still can't believe they made it that whole time. I think it only worked because we were having such a short trip that they hadn't had a chance to get tired yet.

Maybe we'll try the Christmas party on year as part of a long weekend instead of a full-blown trip.

August Day Four: Blizzard Beach

After the late night that bled into an early morning, my body decided that 6:50am was a good time to get moving: ugh! I hoped that it would be a while before the girls got up, so I grabbed a refillable mug and went down to get some coffee. Rather than going back to the room, I went through the Yacht Club lobby out towards Crescent Lake and made myself comfortable on a rocking chair. I had a while to relax, screw around on my phone, and enjoyed watching the resort wake up. Since I can never just shut it off at Disney, I took the time to update my notes from the night before and look ahead to our plan for the day. This was originally our check out day, but with the new plan it was our resort switch day instead. We were sending nearly all of our things to the Contemporary courtesy of bell services and spending the day at Blizzard Beach.

I got the text that the first of the munchkins was up at 8:20am and by 8:40am it was the whole family. Once I got back to the room, Hubby and I hunkered down to pack up the room and get everyone ready for the day. It took us about an hour and it was, honestly, pretty stressful. The way we booked the room initially and then added a day later had largely forced us into a split stay. Under normal circumstances, I’m not sure I’d want to do one, and certainly not on such a short trip. We were slow movers given our exhaustion from the night before and simultaneously under pressure to get to the water park without missing too much of the morning. If we did a split stay again, I would want to make sure that both the evening before and the morning of left me enough time to pack and organize the way I like to. I felt like I was just throwing things into bags to get them moving; I knew it was only going to bite me in the bottom that evening when I had to repack for the flight home.

We called bell services just before 10 while we had our breakfast. I had heard that it can take a while for them to come up, but not that morning. We were still eating when we heard the knock on the door and the CM quickly and efficiently loaded up the cart. We weren’t even moving that quickly and didn’t finally get out of the room ourselves until 10:27. Our friends had just arrived at the park, so we weren’t too far behind. The Blizzard Beach bus was listed with a 10:38 ETA, so we weren’t in a rush down to the bus stop. Of course, I realized at 10:33 that it was check out day and that I needed to a) pay off my balance with a gift card and b) make sure any additional charges that day would hit the new reservation. I sprinted back to the lobby and the front desk CM took care of everything for me. I made it back by the skin of my teeth and we hopped on the bus to Blizzard Beach. Despite being excited to check out a new water park, the girls weren’t fully awake just yet.

Uzc7EpGl.jpg

After a brief snooze on the bus, we arrived at the park at 11:00am, just in time to get a text from our friends that everything was shut down due to lightning in the area. We headed in and found our friends’ chairs all the way at the back of Tike’s Peak. Their kids are NOT into water slides, so they were going to stay there for most of the day while the adults took turns riding the bigger slides. Our whole crew was planning a much more active day, so we parked our bags in a more centralized location near the Ski Patrol. At 11:25 am, while we were deciding between pin trading, penny pressing, or snacking as ways to kill time, we heard the announcement that lifeguards needed to return to their stations. I knew that the ski lift could get a long line at times, so we headed there to beat the crowds on the way up the mountain.

We were standing with a few other hopeful groups waiting for the official reopening when A said, “Umm, shouldn’t we go to the bathroom first?” You guys, I was so stinking proud! I have spent years trying to train my kids to better schedule their restroom visits, especially at water parks. I have had far too many I-have-to-pee-now trips near the front of water ride lines, and that’s with me pretty much always mandating a stop when we’re passing the ladies’ room. (I know that probably sounds like too much to the childless among you, but every single wet kid could, at any moment, be seconds away from having to go right now! With three kids, I never like my odds.) We had finally reached the point where they were the ones reminding me: it was a milestone I didn’t know I was waiting for!

We heard the official park opening announcement while we were washing up, but the ski lift wasn’t opening with the rest of the park. Instead, of walking up to the family raft ride, we headed around to the purple slopes, which had two attractions my girls were tall enough for. We were in line for the Toboggan Racers at 11:45 and racing ten minutes later. Then, we got in line for the Snow Stormers at 12 and had a fifteen-minute wait to slide. The girls had never ridden mat slides before, and they enjoyed both thoroughly. Since we were already towards the back of the park, we continued around to the Runoff Rapids, which are set the furthest back with nothing else nearby. We picked up our tubes at 12:22 and started up the steps.

I need to take a moment here to complain about rides where you have to carry your own tube for a long-ish distance. Again, for the childless among you, this may seem a bit ridiculous. However, anyone reading who has made a trek with children that are about the same height as the tubes they will be riding knows what I’m talking about. Now, this was not my first tube-carrying rodeo. I have been the parent carrying four unwieldy tubes that are simply too big for my children. I have been the parent walking painfully slowly behind three kids insisting they can handle it even as they bump into railings at every turn. On this day, I took two, Hubby took two, and the kids worked together to carry the fifth tube along, with much bumping and jostling for position. Any time they can alleviate that silliness with a tube lift, I’m all for it!

We were happy to find another short wait at the top of the slide and were zooming down that mountain at 12:30pm. From there, rather than walking to the front, we decided to take the Cross Country Creek back to our stuff.

QmUlQMpl.jpg

706wMEYl.jpg

We were all having a nice float until we realized just how hungry we were. None of us were feeling it when we were hopping between slides, but the river gave us enough down time to realize we really needed to eat. I left everyone at the chairs drying off and went to the lodge to use a couple of meal credits. We all opted to share a chicken tender meal and a burger, which were fine but nothing to write home about. The Pina Colava and Frozen Jack and Coke, on the other hand, were just what the adults needed. Our friends came over to tell us that they were heading out for the day. I was bummed we hadn’t spent more time together, but unsurprised given our very different priorities. If the park had opened on time, we probably would have gotten some time together in the wading pool, but it wasn’t meant to be.

After lunch (and another mandatory restroom break), the kids wanted to try out the Ski Patrol Training Camp. We had shown them some videos of the water parks when we were deciding between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, and the activity area is what sold them on Blizzard Beach.

srg4jSUl.jpg

uPFdc4Pl.jpg

ZlzVZm6l.jpg

They were having a blast trying to cross the pool on the ice floats, but the ropes were just a little too far overhead. No one made it past the first landing, but they were all laughing as they were falling. Finally, at about 2pm, the sun came out in full force and the overcast day turned gorgeous.

Next up was the kids’ most anticipated ride at the park: the zipline. The girls were downright giddy about this one. They really wanted to try it out, but they were also super nervous for the big drop. They hopped in line but, after a couple minutes, C came running over to tell me she needed to go to the bathroom. Thankfully, I was able to get her over and back before her sisters went, so she didn’t lose her spot. Everyone LOVED it and they were incredibly proud of themselves for their bravery. They were less than thrilled that my phone had overheated so I didn’t have photographic evidence of their triumph. We couldn’t deal with that right away, though, because A realized it was her turn for an emergency bathroom stop.

I took A to the ladies while Hubby stayed with B and C sliding on some of the body slides in the Ski Patrol area. When we got back, they went to wait for another turn on the zipline but, you guess it, B needed the bathroom! (That’s three emergency trips in under 20 minutes despite everyone having gone less than an hour prior. The things they don’t tell you about having kids…) Thank goodness there’s a restroom right at the Ski Patrol entrance; I was once again able to bring her over and back before their zipline turn.

wI9eOMul.jpg

J8pjgj3l.jpg

B3ylyS7l.jpg

The girls may have happily stayed in the Ski Patrol area all day, but the park was closing in two and a half hours and we hadn’t thoroughly explored. The Ski Lift was finally running, so we decided to take it up to the family raft ride. At 2:30pm we only had a ten-minute wait.

XiTyHiEl.jpg

From the top, there are three rides, but the kids were too short for the tallest body slides. They’re usually the most popular slides in the park, but we could see from the Teamboat Springs line that Summit Plummet and Slush Gusher had virtually no wait at all. The family ride, on the other hand, was a fifteen minute wait before we were riding at 3:00pm.

After yet another bathroom trip, we decided it was time for the family to split up. Hubby wanted to take advantage of the short lines for the Summit Plummet, while the girls wanted to see the wave pool. We separated at 3:10 with an agreement that Hubby would come find us at the wave pool. Of course, on our way, though, the girls realized they were hungry, so we detoured over to grab a Mickey pretzel to split. As we were trying to find seats to eat near the pool, I spotted Hubby somewhat anxiously searching for us. While our snack detour took fifteen minutes (short legs are sloooow), his slide had only taken five, meaning he had been scouring the pool for us while worrying that he had the plan wrong. He sent me off for my turn on the drop slide while the girls finished their snack and we again agreed to meet there. There continued to be no wait to ride, so I flew down the mountain, only to find a PP photographer at the bottom giving me a code to add to my MDE. Guys, do you want to know the least flattering PP location in all of Disney? It’s at the bottom of a 60 mph water slide!

dvbS98wl.jpg

At 3:30, I started back to the wave pool and spotted the girls bouncing on floats in the shallows. Hubby was miming waves and shooing hands at me, which I chose to interpret as permission to do Slush Gusher. I turned right back around and enjoyed the other “big kid” water slide, again with no wait to speak of. This time, when I went back to the wave pool, I found everyone exiting because, you guessed it, they needed a bathroom break. We decided to split up again because Hubby wanted to check out Slush Gusher and ride the tube slide again, while the girls were opting for the Toboggan Racers. While we were walking over to the purple slopes, we heard the 4pm announcement that the park was closing in an hour.

The girls and I had a short wait for a fun toboggan race, but their tiredness was starting to show. Rather than following directions and quickly getting off the slide, the started goofing and pretending they were struggling with their mats. This meant, not only were they ignoring me, but the next group couldn’t go until they cleared out. In the process of trying to get them off of the ride to turn in their mats, I pulled on one while B was standing on it and she fell backwards. Only her pride was really hurt, but she started crying and I felt like the jerk mom who hurt her kid. We all took a seat on some stairs to calm down and talk. Once B settled, I reminded everyone that I needed them to follow directions when we’re one-on-three, especially in a busy theme park. It’s something they’re normally great at, but I don’t typically keep them out until 1am the night before…

We decided to find Hubby and regroup, and, luckily, we saw him right then coming towards us from the red slopes. Despite starting to lag, the girls were firm that they didn’t want to leave, so we headed for another family ride on Teamboat Springs. This time, there was absolutely no one waiting and we loaded right on. We were off at 4:30pm and decided to split up once more so that the kids could pick the end to the day: A and I went to the wave pool, while Hubby, B, and C went to Ski Patrol. A and I had a lovely time swimming and floating, while B and C kept going through the kids’ body slides over and over. Everyone stuck it out straight to the end. When they announced the park was officially closed, A and I got out of the pool, met the family at the chairs, and everyone used the changing rooms.

My original idea had been to go back to the room and shower there before dinner, but I hadn’t expected the kids to close out the park. Thankfully, I had our evening clothes with us, since I didn’t want it to be subject to a delay in bag transfer. It was abundantly clear to me that the girls needed to get changed and get fed ASAP, and the whiney walk back to the buses at 5:30pm only reinforced that opinion. Buses were waiting for us, so we quickly got off our feet and headed out.

Although our room was at the Contemporary, I had some very specific dinner plans at Poly. We arrived at 5:57pm and the girls immediately spotted the Moana themed penny press. I’m not thrilled about the “expensive” presses where it’s $1 a penny or $5 for the set, but five bucks is not the hill to die on with tired, hungry children! Penny set acquired, we were on our way upstairs to Tambu Lounge.

u7V14Jtl.jpg

HfblMcjl.jpg

ToMCFQEl.jpg

We haven’t been able to squeeze ‘Ohana into our trips yet because something else always wins out. We have excellent Brazillian steak houses here that are free for kids seven and under, and the girls love “meat on a stick”. Since we can already do that in Philly, I ended up nixing this ADR for a meal with characters that you can truly only get in Disney. That said, when I heard you could get the famed pot stickers and bread pudding at the lounge, I knew we were making at trip! As you can see, I couldn’t even get a picture of the pot stickers before the vultures descended. The bread pudding also met its end quickly, and there was some concerted scraping of spoons to get every last drop of it.

The bummer about the lounge for our group was that the largest table only seated four, so B had to sit with me. Normally, that would be fine, but we had bad luck and she bumped her shoulder right into my glasses, knocking a lens out of the frame. While we paid, I asked our CM where we could find a glasses repair case and she suggested the lower-level gift shop. When we got there, however, we didn’t see any sundries typical of a hotel gift shop. After a short search, I asked a shop CM who said those types of items were all in the smaller, upper-level shop. Back upstairs, I did find the section with antacids and sunscreen, but still no eyeglass repair kit. After querying my third CM, she pulled a kit out from behind the counter and all was well. All the back and forth was a minor annoyance for me, but the girls were seriously dragging. They were running on fumes and the extra trip up and downstairs didn’t help a darn thing. We did have to make one more stop on our Poly food tour, though.

GYxmjgXl.jpg

The pulled pork nachos were everything I wanted and more. There is nothing quite like a junky, delicious nacho, doubly so after a long, tiring day. Hubby and the kids split a fried rice, as everyone was only moderately hungry after our appetizer-dessert lounge treat. The girls had a few bites and then ran off to play with a little girl who was running off some Disney energy of her own nearby. That left Hubby and me a couple of minutes to actually sit, relax, and enjoy the meal, but not too much. We still needed to catch a monorail, find our room, shower and bathe the kids, and pack for an early MK morning ending in a flight home. Just typing it back out is making me tired! Food done, we wrangled the kids, caught a monorail, and got stopped at Magic Kingdom. We sat for a few minutes hoping things would get moving, but instead we were informed the monorail was down and we should proceed to the buses. I don’t know where the girls found the energy, but we all walked down the ramp, across the entrance, and loaded onto a bus at 7:41pm.

When we got to the Contemporary, we were happy to see that our room request had been met. The garden wing doesn’t have balconies on the upper levels, but the first floor has patios, so that’s what we asked for. We got to the room at 8pm, called for our bags, and got the girls ready for showers. Thankfully, Bell Services got us our bags lickety-split and the girls were showered, dressed in the next day’s outfits, and in bed by 8:30pm.

Hubby set off to explore and find a good view of the fireworks, while I dragged all of our bags into the bathroom to pack. I had to wait, though, because the frosted bathroom doors were allowing too much light seepage for the girls. At home they sleep with blackout curtains, so they can only fall asleep in true dark, a fact that makes shared hotel rooms difficult. I sat on the bathroom floor for a few minutes questioning the life choices that led me to that moment. Perhaps the single night split stay with a family of five where we didn’t get to the room until 8pm and would be checking out at 6am the next morning wasn’t the greatest idea… (Although, let’s be honest, I’d do it all over in a heartbeat to have this trip again). Once the kids were soundly asleep, I turned on my phone flashlight and got to work sorting out what had to be checked, what we needed for our park day, and what should go in whose carry-on. This should have been easier for our return trip: we got one free checked bag going home and I had packed an empty duffel accordingly. However, we had a zipper break during Yacht Club packing, so the extra bag became a necessity rather than a luxury. While I was shoving dirty clothes into packing cubes, Hubby was doing this.

Wtf2NX7l.jpg

The bags were packed soon enough and I was able to sit out on the back patio with a drink and watch the floats from the Electrical Water Pagent before Hubby got back and we called it a night. That was actually the only drink I had from my case of Mike’s ordered with the groceries. Despite my best intentions, our days were so long that this was the only evening I chilled on the patio the entire trip. I left the rest with a note for Mousekeeping, so hopefully they enjoyed it.

Despite the exhaustion from the night before and the false start with the lightning, our family had an absolutely wonderful day at Blizzard Beach. The crowds were extremely light and they loved every slide. While I understand that Typhoon Lagoon has the better wave pool, I cannot recommend the Ski Patrol area any more highly for elementary-aged to pre-teen kids. We’ve started discussing what the girls want to do for a potential trip next year, and that zip-line was their number one request!

I will say, though, that switching resorts for only one night in a whirlwind trip wasn’t the best call. When we added the day, we looked at making the trip either all Yacht/Beach or all Contemporary, but neither was available for our dates with the room discount we had grabbed. Plus, we wanted both the day at Stormalong Bay and to walk into MK from the Contemporary for 7am EEMH, which necessitated two resorts. I also tried to make the MNSSHP our switch day, so that we could check into our room before brunch at Chef Mickey, but I couldn’t get the rooms for the dates without losing the promotion. You might have been able to convince the version of me sitting on the bathroom floor in the dark waiting to pack to just spend a couple hundred dollars more. But, I think even she would say that it would be a waste of money on what was supposed to be a “budget” trip. In the same way that we traded a rough evening with six kids for a glorious in-park date night, we were also trading a junky evening for the morning to come.

I just found your trip report and read all the way through. I have really enjoyed it, with some audible laughs throughout. Your girls are park troopers and it sounds like a good trip overall, despite that first evening. :scared:

I'm looking forward to hearing about your final day.

I don't post much but I always tread your trip reports. I love all your stories, how you keep it real that yes it's often fun and magical but sometimes it's not and I find you guys are great at turning it around. Your girls are really so adorable and at a great age to really enjoy all Disney has to offer. I love how this trip they were proud of themselves for staying up late or conquering their fears, so cute to read about. Our first trip our kids were 4 & 7 and we only spend a time of time in Disney but I found it hard with the 4 year old because he didn't want all the things the 7 year old wanted to do. The next trip after that they were 7 and 10 and that's when I realized that for my kids, being 7 was a great age to be in Disney and that trip they were able to do a lot of the same things... pretty sure at 6 years old it would have been good too. I remember my son at 7 staying up really late until the end of MVMCP and he too was excited he was able to do that! Hope your last day in Disney and your trip home went well. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story :)

I don't post much but I always tread your trip reports. I love all your stories, how you keep it real that yes it's often fun and magical but sometimes it's not and I find you guys are great at turning it around. Your girls are really so adorable and at a great age to really enjoy all Disney has to offer. I love how this trip they were proud of themselves for staying up late or conquering their fears, so cute to read about. Our first trip our kids were 4 & 7 and we only spend a time of time in Disney but I found it hard with the 4 year old because he didn't want all the things the 7 year old wanted to do. The next trip after that they were 7 and 10 and that's when I realized that for my kids, being 7 was a great age to be in Disney and that trip they were able to do a lot of the same things... pretty sure at 6 years old it would have been good too. I remember my son at 7 staying up really late until the end of MVMCP and he too was excited he was able to do that! Hope your last day in Disney and your trip home went well. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story :)

That's so sweet, thank you!

One of the silver linings of having triplets, and ones who are into so much of the same stuff to boot, is that it makes things like this a lot easier. No one has to wait for big brother to ride the coaster or get annoyed that they're doing "baby" rides for the little ones. Other than sneaking in a thrill ride here or there for the parents, we can really target the trip to the kids current age.

In the process of trying to get them off of the ride to turn in their mats, I pulled on one while B was standing on it and she fell backwards. Only her pride was really hurt, but she started crying and I felt like the jerk mom who hurt her kid.

There are certain aspects of being a mother of multiples that isn't all that great. I for one used to always feel in the spotlight where people watched to see how I handled the feeding of 2 bottles at once (while also dealing with 2 older siblings), or how I would handle two crying at once. I too was that mom that inadvertantly hurt her kid while trying to pick up both twins (when they were toddlers) to get them out of an environment they didn't want to leave (one flailed backwards and I couldn't catch her fast enough). But I think every mother has mom guilt, no matter what. And the perceived spotlight isn't as bright as I used to think it was.

I too was that mom that inadvertantly hurt her kid while trying to pick up both twins (when they were toddlers) to get them out of an environment they didn't want to leave (one flailed backwards and I couldn't catch her fast enough). But I think every mother has mom guilt, no matter what.

Yup, every mom definitely has guilt for one reason or another. With multiples, there's always that layer, under the surface, where you feel like they are missing out because there just isn't enough of you to go around. But, they have each other in a special way that other kids don't get, so hopefully it balances out.

And the perceived spotlight isn't as bright as I used to think it was.

I noticed a huge drop when we were able to move past the strollers and wagons. When I had a triple decker with three infant seats snapped in, it might as well have come with a flashing neon sign that said, "Tell this woman she has her hands full!" They are less obvious now, although still recognizable because they are identical. On a normal day, it takes people a few minutes of astute observation to notice that there are three of the same girl running around. When the girls decide to wear matching outfits (they don't have many, but they have the same school sweatshirts, shirts that said Sister Squad, etc), it feels like I'm right back to the infant stage with the pointing, whispering, and invasive questions.

We were sending nearly all of our things to the Contemporary courtesy of bell services and spending the day at Blizzard Beach.
OH! I can't wait to hear how you like it!

I knew it was only going to bite me in the bottom that evening when I had to repack for the flight home.
It is such a pain to do! And for one day is rough!

Of course, I realized at 10:33 that it was check out day and that I needed to a) pay off my balance with a gift card and b) make sure any additional charges that day would hit the new reservation. I sprinted back to the lobby and the front desk CM took care of everything for me. I made it back by the skin of my teeth and we hopped on the bus to Blizzard Beach.
That is impressive!

We had finally reached the point where they were the ones reminding me: it was a milestone I didn’t know I was waiting for!
Congratulations!!! It is great when one of the things you have been pestering them about starts to set in.

I need to take a moment here to complain about rides where you have to carry your own tube for a long-ish distance. Again, for the childless among you, this may seem a bit ridiculous. However, anyone reading who has made a trek with children that are about the same height as the tubes they will be riding knows what I’m talking about. Now, this was not my first tube-carrying rodeo. I have been the parent carrying four unwieldy tubes that are simply too big for my children. I have been the parent walking painfully slowly behind three kids insisting they can handle it even as they bump into railings at every turn. On this day, I took two, Hubby took two, and the kids worked together to carry the fifth tube along, with much bumping and jostling for position. Any time they can alleviate that silliness with a tube lift, I’m all for it!
I can't even imagine for you! I feel your pain!

Our friends came over to tell us that they were heading out for the day. I was bummed we hadn’t spent more time together, but unsurprised given our very different priorities. If the park had opened on time, we probably would have gotten some time together in the wading pool, but it wasn’t meant to be.
Bummer. But understandable with the differences in perferences.

That’s three emergency trips in under 20 minutes despite everyone having gone less than an hour prior. The things they don’t tell you about having kids…)
Ugh. baby steps..

Guys, do you want to know the least flattering PP location in all of Disney? It’s at the bottom of a 60 mph water slide!

dvbS98wl.jpg
Hilarious!!! Why would they do that!?!?

Once B settled, I reminded everyone that I needed them to follow directions when we’re one-on-three, especially in a busy theme park. It’s something they’re normally great at, but I don’t typically keep them out until 1am the night before…
It always happens at least once a trip.

Thankfully, I had our evening clothes with us, since I didn’t want it to be subject to a delay in bag transfer. It was abundantly clear to me that the girls needed to get changed and get fed ASAP, and the whiney walk back to the buses at 5:30pm only reinforced that opinion.
This is always the worst time. You know it's happening but at that point there is nothing to do but get to the food!

GYxmjgXl.jpg

The pulled pork nachos were everything I wanted and more.
I would give for these right now!!! Also, I need to add these to my food list at some point.

I sat on the bathroom floor for a few minutes questioning the life choices that led me to that moment. Perhaps the single night split stay with a family of five where we didn’t get to the room until 8pm and would be checking out at 6am the next morning wasn’t the greatest idea… (Although, let’s be honest, I’d do it all over in a heartbeat to have this trip again).
Ha! I was going to say I would do it again and hate myself each time I repeat it. (over and over again)

Despite the exhaustion from the night before and the false start with the lightning, our family had an absolutely wonderful day at Blizzard Beach.
Good to hear! I do want to make it to the water parks at some point!

Hilarious!!! Why would they do that!?!?

I guess for kids to document their first ride on a big, scary slide? I 100% didn't need photographic evidence!

Ha! I was going to say I would do it again and hate myself each time I repeat it. (over and over again)

Seriously! Especially post-pandemic, I'm always going to pick the trip, even if means some hassle thrown in.

August Day Five: Magic Kingdom Extra Extra Magic Hours and Departure

Despite thoroughly exhausting myself the prior the days, I didn’t manage to sleep past 5am. There was simply too much going through my head to allow for sleep. The day’s logistics were pretty crazy: we needed to get our carry-ons to Bell Services, check in with luggage at RAC, and be on the walk to MK in time for a 7am park opening. I wanted to give Hubby and the kids as much sleep as possible, so I was doing the mental math on just how close we could cut it without going over. Then, there were the worries about how the day would play out. It was the opening day of SW:GE and the first day of Extra, Extra Magic Hours.

When I first heard the EEMH announcement, I was thrilled about the idea of an extra early MK opening when everyone else was at HS. That prospect was what convinced us to add the day and the park tickets. However, there was so much hype about the new Star Wars land and I was worried everything would backfire. Maybe HS would fill to capacity right away and the crowds would have to disperse somewhere. Maybe a ton of travelers booked this week to see SW:GE but they were going to do opening day in one of the other parks and check out the new land later in their trip. At that point, there was nothing I could do about the crowd situation, but that didn’t stop me from worrying.

Since I was wide awake and wanted to let the family sleep, I decided to head over to lobby. I met this guy on the way.

hNN0O71l.jpg

I had to go to the front desk for our ME return time. I thought, for a one-night trip, they’d just have the paperwork in the room for us at check in, but such was not the case. Instead, the paperwork was waiting for me up front, and I wanted to see if there was any chance of getting a resort mug coffee refill at that hour. Unfortunately, Contempo Café wasn’t opening until after we planned to head out and the little coffee bar, Contemporary Grounds, didn’t do mug refills. K-cups in the room it would be.

Back at the room, I made my coffee and started getting breakfast ready. I had kept peanut butter and English muffins for breakfast, with some granola bars and applesauce pouches thrown in. I had no idea when the kids would be awake enough to eat, so those were good, shelf stable options to toss in the stroller. Since the girls slept in their park clothes, they only had to groggily brush hair and teeth before resting in the strollers for a while. I think Hubby would have happily taken a seat, too, if we had a stroller big enough for him. If only parenthood afforded such options!

We brought our bags to the lobby at 6:15am and I dropped things with Bell Services while Hubby checked our bag and got boarding passes from RAC. We were walking over fifteen minutes later, before the sun was even up.

WI4Famgl.jpg

The walk over was gorgeous and surreal. My attempts at photos didn’t do the pre-dawn light any justice. We got through the tapstiles at 6:42am and held in front of the train station. That’s when I got my first hint that the crowds would be light, at least to start. This was the entire group waiting to enter the park.

JlgiU6bl.jpg

And it’s not like there was anyone coming in behind us.

kU6P45El.jpg

They let us into the park at 6:45am and pre-dawn Main Street was also a sight to behold.

LVwbTlel.jpg

It may seem like there are a lot of people in that shot, but I believe the entire crowd that was entering MK at the time is visible in that photo. That was it.

jAh5xxkl.jpg

We stopped for a quick family photo before heading to our rope. Because only part of MK was open for EEMH, we were actually going to have two rope drops. We opted for the easier touring, which involved getting late morning FPs for Fantasyland, rope dropping Tomorrowland for EEMH, and the rope dropping Adventureland at official park open. Because we had stopped for our family photo, we were at the back of the rope drop pack to Tomorrowland.

5HU1J2Ll.jpg

At this point, I was vacillating between excitement and disbelief. There was barely anyone in the park. It looked like we were going to at least get to start the day with unbelievably low crowds. Not only were we waiting with maybe two dozen people, but this was the whole group waiting for Fantasyland.

aRvnXTPl.jpg

That’s maybe half of the bridge back towards the hub. It was so small that the parkstormer in me wanted to nix our plans and go straight to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. If it was just adults, we absolutely would have. Much to my dismay, strollers and little legs aren’t made to powerwalk between rides at the crack of dawn and sanity won out. Instead, we stayed the course. FH was taking FS5 and FD3 to ride Buzz, Hubby walked ahead with the tall-enough kids to Space Mountain, and FW and I parked the strollers before catching up.

anm2Dv2l.jpg

What a view! I don’t think I had ever sent Hubby ahead with the kids while I parked the stroller and then actually managed to keep sight of him. There was all of a four minute wait at Space Mountain because they were only loading one side. We had a little trouble at loading because we found out that the under 7s couldn’t just be in a car with an adult, they had to be seated directly in front of said adult. FS7 had not appreciated his dark Space Mountain ride on MNSSHP night and wanted to sit directly in front of his mom, but it turned out she needed to have one of my girls there. After a little cajoling, he agreed to sit behind her with one of mine in the front.

I had no idea how this ride was going to go for my girls: it was the first coaster they had ridden with a 44” height limit and definitely more zippy than anything prior. Plus, the seat configuration and lighting doesn’t give you the chance to gauge reactions mid-ride. When we finished up, the kiddo in front of me was being very quiet and I thought tears may be on their way. Then, everyone starting hopping out and saying how cool the coaster was. Success! Truthfully, I’m not sure if all of the girls had an initial positive reaction. However, they feed off of each other and, when one says she loved something, the others often chime in to agree. The hive mind had decided that they loved the coaster and they chatted and skipped their way down to the exit. Unfortunately, I don’t have these ride photos, which I think would have been a more accurate representation of reactions. I tried emailing Disney, but they said the cameras didn’t have any data from that time in the morning. We came out to see Tomorrowland still looking like this.

gcrESMtl.jpg

The adults tried to convince the kids to go right back through and ride again, but they weren’t having it. We had promised a ride on the race track (AKA Tomorrowland Speedway) and they were cashing in. There was a short wait, since they were only loading a few cars, and the friends’ kids decided not to ride. They were in their second week at Disney, it was early, and they were getting a little whiney. They perked up when FW said they could use her phone to take pictures on the bridge while we road, which meant each of our girls got her own adult. I was not loving the steering job that A was doing.

IUQFlm0l.jpg

But Hubby didn’t mind the jostling as much.

zGNtHtml.jpg

The kids had a blast and were ready to move on to defeat Zurg and save the galaxy. We walked right on at 7:30am.

rxPW44Al.jpg

42yPMPTl.jpg

And, with all of the riders, these are the only ride photos that loaded to the account. Apparently Space wasn’t the only ride photo system that didn’t appreciate the early wake up call. At 7:38, the area was still deserted and we tried, once again, to convince the kids to go for a second ride on Space. They weren’t interested, though, because there was one more ride open in Tomorrowland that we hadn’t visited yet.

OZSVpGel.jpg

Yup, we were going to use our valuable, early morning park time to ride the PeopleMover. As much as I wanted to go, go, go, the ride was nice and relaxing for all parties. Plus, Hubby got to take pictures of the sun rising over the Tron construction.

Xdj5wHAl.jpg

We didn’t see anyone else up there, either. I think we were the only people being moved.

7mUOR1Cl.jpg

8rQFOefl.jpg

When we were done, we decided to watch the welcome show before our second rope drop of the morning. The friends were all getting hungry, and the adults wanted coffee, so FW took FS7 to go get Starbucks at 7:52am. I didn’t think it was a great idea, because they’d have a hike to get to Frontierland from there, but their kids (and Dad) needed the sustenance. At least we knew the crowds for regular park open weren’t going to be much heavier than the EEMH group. This was the entirety of the crowd watching the welcome show at 7:56am.

dyBEeWFl.jpg

After the show, we walked to BTMRR and waited… and waited… and waited. The plan was for FW and FS7 to ride now and pick up a rider swap for later. However, FW and FS7 were nowhere to be seen. You guys, I’ll be the first to admit that this was not my best moment, but I was getting super upset. Who gets coffee during prime ride time? Every minute we waited was just going to make not only the BTMRR wait longer, but every wait thereafter. Hadn’t they been keeping up with Josh on EasyWDW?? (They had not). This was not the way to optimize our morning touring!

At 8:09am, Hubby and I decided to just go ahead and ride with our girls. We also wanted to ride Splash Mountain, which the friends did not, so we figured we’d go ahead now and catch back up after Splash. We had a four-minute wait for the wildest ride in the wilderness.

3fpqw5ol.jpg

When we were off, FH was waiting with the little kids, coffee, and muffins (which I appreciated even if I was still salty about how they were acquired). Apparently, FW and FS7 were just a minute or two behind us. We headed toward Splash Mountain, only to find out it was closed. The kids were all scared of pirates, so we headed for Jungle Cruise by way of the Magic Carpets.

EUXkL7ul.jpg

We had carpets at 8:30am but then sat for what felt like a long time. Rather than just cutting the line and sending us up, the CMs kept letting one more family hurry over and come through, and then another. My annoyance with the delay was starting to seep out when they let one last couple board.

fIev2Pyl.jpg

YxAEYDCl.jpg

The kids were so excited. They were riding the Magic Carpets with Aladdin and Jasmine! It didn’t matter that they were on the opposite side of the ride and barely visible, that was Aladdin and Jasmine! After our flight, we had a boat to catch.

ckir1Gml.jpg

With the park still nearly empty, our Jungle Cruise was only two-thirds full. We boarded at 8:39am, but I don’t have a ton of memories of the quality of our skipper. I was too distracted looking at the comically short wait times across MK and AK; I was still in disbelief. While looking, I noticed that Splash was finally posting a wait. After the cruise, I tried to talk the kids into another mountain, but they weren’t interested. The littles were too short, FS7 doesn’t like splashy rides, FH doesn’t like heights, and my girls hadn’t loved it in March. Under normal circumstances, I would have pushed for my kids to give it another chance, but I didn’t think the fight was worth it after the very early wake up. Instead, the friends’ kids had SotMK to complete in Liberty Square, so the friends took the girls and sent Hubby and I off to ride by ourselves.

We entered the line at 8:56am and just kept walking. Since the ride had been down nearly an hour, I expected some back up, but none came. We were power walking through, all the way to the loading platform. While we walked, I told Hubby I just couldn’t believe how empty to park was. The ladies ahead of us said it felt like we were getting After Hours lines for regular ticket prices, except this was probably even shorter than After Hours!

While the kids were doing this…

10G1ksrl.jpg

… we were doing this.

TRDEyT6l.jpg

I took a photo from the top of Splash because I still couldn’t believe the crowds.

JR2UFRjl.jpg

That was after an hour of EEMH and another hour of regular park operation. I had yet to accept the fact that is was actually this empty. Hubby and I decided to use our ride photo document a game of Rock, Paper, Scissor.

jqGepv6l.jpg

I won! (If it isn’t clear from my general tone, I am deeply competitive and winning mattered more than it should have.) We were off of Splash at 9:16am and everyone else was still doing SotMK in Liberty Square. Since a bathroom break was in order, we opted to meet back at the Adventureland Breezeway. After our refresh, we were on the fence about what to do next. We wanted to do Haunted Mansion before our 9:25am Peter Pan FP expired, but that was still 90 minutes away. We were making such good time that we were an hour ahead of our touring plan. One of must-dos for the day was to meet Mary Poppins. The girls had watched her movies since their last visit and loved them. Originally, we were going to keep riding at this hour and cut back for her 11:45am meet, when ride lines would be getting long. However, since we were right there and her first meet was at 9:30am, we decided to fit her in ahead of the mansion. While we were waiting for Mary, PP went down and our FP went anytime. That meant we had plenty of flexibility for the next two hours and we could book addition FPs. First, we grabbed a set for another ride on Space Mountain that afternoon. Then, the girls said, since they had already done Winnie the Pooh on MNSSHP, that we should swap that for Enchanted Tales with Belle. That wasn’t on the list originally, given that we had done it in March and it was a time suck. Now that we weren’t going to crisscross the park to meet Mary later, there was a perfect slot for it to fit in.

We were the first families in the to meet Ms. Poppins and she arrived promptly at 9:30am.

lu6PwFLl.jpg

3a1mwgQl.jpg

HI3Cgk2l.jpg

DtJ3BTPl.jpg

lginXRSl.jpg

If it’s not clear from the pictures, my girls were absolutely in love! From the minute she came out, they were smiling, hugging, holding her hand, and hanging on to her every word. She was excellent, counting how many little penguins were there and asking how they all measured up. She gently corrected the kids when they pushed each other and reminded them to have good posture for the photo. She was, truly, practically perfect in every way.

It was the opening day of SW:GE and the first day of Extra, Extra Magic Hours.
Man this seems so long ago!

mporary Grounds, didn’t do mug refills. K-cups in the room it would be.
I hate how they do this, open the park super early but you can't get breakfast. Grrr.

They let us into the park at 6:45am and pre-dawn Main Street was also a sight to behold.

LVwbTlel.jpg
Amazing!!!

They look so much alike in this picture!

Plus, Hubby got to take pictures of the sun rising over the Tron construction.

Xdj5wHAl.jpg
Wow, Tron has gotten so much farther along than this photo.

This was the entirety of the crowd watching the welcome show at 7:56am.

dyBEeWFl.jpg
Amazing!

After the show, we walked to BTMRR and waited… and waited… and waited. The plan was for FW and FS7 to ride now and pick up a rider swap for later.
I know the feeling. A minute feels like forever when you are in an empty park with no waits.

She was, truly, practically perfect in every way.
As she should have been!

Sounds like a perfect morning so far!!!

August Day Five: Magic Kingdom Extra Extra Magic Hours and Departure (cont’d)

After a delightful visit with Mary, it was time to head over to Haunted Mansion. It was posting a fifteen-minute wait, which was perfect for us because everyone was in need of some serious sunscreen. We barely had the tubes out, though, when we were ushered into the stretching room.

While this was not the girls’ first trip through the mansion, it was their first stretching room visit. They don’t do “spooky” very well, so we had opted to skip this in March to keep from freaking them out before the ride even started. Now that they knew what to expect from the ride itself, it was time to tackle the preshow. We gently reminded the girls that it was “silly-scary” and, though they clung to us a little tightly, they still came out with smiles on their faces. The friends’ kids were also not fans, but they knew the deal so they grimaced and suffered through. There was no one waiting to load into buggies, so we walked right up and hopped on. We were in line at 9:43 and boarding at 9:49, which may well be the bare minimum for that ride with the stretching room included. So much for the wait!

E2MhjV0l.jpg

p94bedol.jpg

This was the first ride where none of the kids wanted to play parent swap. They all wanted their own moms and dads for reassurance. 😊

As soon as we were off the ride, we pulled over in a shady portion of the exit to apply all of the sunscreen. Everyone was starting to look red and, while I normally would have used line time for this, we hadn’t been encountering any lines. Our next stop wasn’t any different.

BvOnOeel.jpg

Our only delay to load onto It’s A Small World was how quickly little legs could skip down the ramps. We were in our boat at 10:08am and I was pleased to have more adults answering the barrage of world culture questions from the kids. FW was a middle school history teacher, so she was happy to pipe up with details about which countries we were passing. The ride was kind enough to bid me farewell, too.

JFpveBql.jpg

We took a short break at the Rapunzel bathrooms, grabbed the strollers, and continued clockwise through the park. Peter Pan was still down, so we bypassed it and head to Barnstormer. Since FS5 and FD3 didn’t want to ride, we had enough adults to ride at once without the ridiculous triple rider swap that two adults and three under seven normally have to go through. It looks like lines were starting to build, because we had to wait seven whole minutes before loading at 10:38am. Next up was a ride Under the Sea, which I just don’t think get’s enough credit. Maybe it’s just because The Little Mermaid was my jam (I had the comforter set and everything) but I don’t see why it’s so unpopular. We walked straight through to our clamshells and loaded at 10:49 am.

Next up was a small split up. The kids were all hungry, but the friends had a 1:05pm CRT reservation, so they were sticking to drinks and light snacks for now. We, on the other hand, were happy to grab a hearty snack. They hopped in line to meet Gaston, whom we’d met in March, and we headed instead to his tavern.

SfFD3HMl.jpg

This monstrosity of a cinnamon roll deserves all of the accolades that it gets, but our hungry fivesome still managed to wolf it down. We ate inside in the air conditioning and the kids adored they place. Someone said, “He does use antlers in his decorating!” and Hubby and I about lost it. I can’t hear that song now without giggling.

We wrapped up our snack as the friends were finishing their meet, so we all continued on to use our first fastpass of the morning. On the way, I spotted a PP photographer that I knew had some cool magic shots, so I had us all pull over.

h0Ys1Q2l.jpg

The kids were… not thrilled. The light was in their eyes, it was hot, and they weren’t in the mood for a group shot. I think some cajoling and threats were used to get FS7 to even hop in. It didn’t help that the photographer was also acting like she was hot, tired, and grumpy. She wasn’t rude or anything, but she wasn’t being particularly engaging to get the kids to smile. After the group, I asked to do individual magic shots and she obliged. The kids weren’t doing a great job of following her directions for posing, though, so I ended up setting them up, assembly line style, to take a quick shot for each of them.

93T8HGJl.jpg

P6RsHybl.jpg

VbgR7wkl.jpg

Not the greatest shots, since you can’t see 2/3 of their faces, but the kids like them. If the photographer had been a little more into it, she could have given some direction about better positioning, but we all have our days.

Next on the docket for everyone who was tall enough was a ride through the mines. FH took FD3 over to Dumbo and the rest of us tapped into Mine Train at 11:28 am and boarded six minutes later.

rnwfvBhl.jpg

j7ZPmpUl.jpg

When we were done on the coaster, Peter Pan was still down, so we decided to get the heck out of dodge (aka Fantasyland). We had been on a ton of rides that morning and a show with seats and air conditioning sounded divine. We decided on Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor, but ended up with bad luck on our timing. They must have just stared a show when we got there because we got in line at 11:47am and we weren’t seated until 12:07pm. The girls get a total kick out of this attraction; they go for exaggerated, over-the-top laughs to fill the canisters which in turns makes everyone start belly laughing for real.

When we were done, it was time for the friends to head back to Fantasyland for their CRT reservation. We realized that we were also famished, put in a mobile order, and cut across the hub for Pecos Bill’s. While I was trying to navigate a busy toppings bar with children under foot, I ended up being that clumsy person who dumped a full cup of Coke Zero all over the floor. The CMs were very kind about telling me it was fine and getting me a refill, but I was embarrassed none-the-less. Our family split an order of nachos and an order of fajitas, of which I have only two very blurry photos because I also needed to get some food in my system. Two meals was just the right size for our family. We were sated without being overfull, which obviously meant it was time for dessert!

UtWdvvnl.jpg

I put in a mobile order to pick up a raspberry swirl float from Aloha Aisle while Hubby chose a citrus swirl twist from Sunshine Tree Terrace. We got spoons for everyone, sat on the rocks nearby, and worked together on our iced treats. They hit the spot, especially in the heat, and we were ready on the move again at 1:15pm. We had time before our Enchanted Tales FP, so we opted for a showing of Philharmagic.

uzfvkoxl.jpg

We were happy to be in air conditioning once again and soaked in the goofy, 3D gags that make me squeal every time despite being a grown woman. When the show was over, we were in our FP window for ETwB, so off we went. In her fervor to use her FP, A accidentally tapped in twice, thus burning the anytime she was hanging onto for Peter Pan. The CM told me to go to the Guest Experience team after the show and they’d be able to get it situated for her. We tapped in at 1:52pm and had a short wait before going into the first show room at 1:57pm. Since this was their second time in the experience, the girls knew how to ham it up for the CMs and were rewarded for their enthusiasm.

tRQj09ll.jpg

L8tp6m8l.jpg

YEpCtmwl.jpg

VOq1jG7l.jpg

0Rx3prvl.jpg

We had a beast and a castle guard to boot! After B got picked to be the Beast, I was worried there’d be some serious jealousy from A and C who were relegated to dishes. Thank goodness my kids are so supportive of each other: they were all celebrating B’s casting like it was a group achievement.

aG6JSz3l.jpg

Phlph4wl.jpg

After the show, the sky looked very threatening. I sent Hubby, B, and C to the base of the castle to cover our stroller and the friends’ as well. Meanwhile, I needed to get A’s FP worked out and then we’d all meet at Sir Mickey’s. It only took guest services a minute to put an anytime for Peter Pan on her band, but it was in that minute that the downpour started. We booked it to the gift shop but still got drenched in the 30 second run.

When we got there, I remembered that they had opened a little PP studio at Sir Mickey’s, primarily (but not exclusively) for the girls getting dolled up at BBB. There were two photographers sitting there with nothing to do and we had a storm to wait out, so the girls all did a little glamour shoot. Except, they’d been up since before dawn, had been sweating since 8:30am, and had just gotten stuck in a downpour.

Fho9tcjl.jpg

nqYDOdPl.jpg

9BU9NMnl.jpg

y5NaiHLl.jpg

wayyAJXl.jpg

FMxkrsRl.jpg

Can I tell you how much I love these photos? That’s what real joy looks like in Disney: hair a mess, face flushed, maybe a hint of early sunburn on the cheeks, but huge smiles all around!

During the photos, I was texting with the friends to see if we’d be able to meet back up with them soon. Unfortunately, they had been seated late and service was slow so at 2:30pm they were still only on main courses. Peter Pan was finally running and, since we didn’t have much park time left, we decided to go ahead and ride without our friends. We tapped in at 2:41pm to a very backed up FP line, which we expected given all of the downtime that day. The wait wasn’t too long, though, and we were flying across London at 2:54pm.

We only had about an hour left before we had to leave the park, but we had also done just about everything we wanted to do. We had time for one more ride before our FP window opened for Space Mountain so the kids picked… the Dumbo play area. Not the ride, which was still a walk-on, but the play area. I swallowed my, “But, it’s our last hour in Disney!” and obliged. We hung out there until 3:15, at which point our friends were finally done their lunch. FW still wanted to try for that ride on Space, but the kids just wanted to play SotMK and, after the super long lunch, she wasn’t in the mood to fight them, either. Instead, we had a big group hug, they went back to ride Peter Pan, and we walked over to Space.

We tapped in at 3:26pm and I started eyeballing the groups around us to find a ride friend. Since we were down an adult, I needed a party of two who wouldn’t mind “accompanying” my third under-seven. While that may sound a little nutty to the uninitiated, ride friends are a regular occurrence for our family when we visit local amusement parks. We are always outnumbered by the kids, who still need to be accompanied on most coasters, so my girls are used to sitting next to strangers in order to ride at the same time. (It had been quite a treat not having to do that in Disney, since so many rides can seat three across.) As luck would have it, the family in front of us was a dad with college-age daughter and they were happy to take a hitchhiker.

5Mz54bRl.jpg

hUOkTAwl.jpg

ggYPuihl.jpg

A was the most nervous for her reride. She insisted on sitting with me and having me hold her hands. B picked Hubby and C was proud to be the brave one riding without her parents. It was 3:35pm and we were catching a 4:30 bus from the Contemporary, so I told the girls it was time to go. They were quick to point out that I had promised them sundaes from Main Street Ice Cream Parlor, so we couldn’t leave just yet. Despite our best efforts, we had missed out on this particular sweet during our trip earlier in the year, so it was on the must-do list this time around. I didn’t love the timing since I knew we couldn’t be late for ME, but I figured worst case Hubby and I would have to really speed walk our way out of the park if time got too tight. Hubby and the girls grabbed tables while I ordered. The line was short and quick, so we were eating our Monster Brownie and All-American sundaes by 3:50pm.

bhQhTVRl.jpg

That’s the best picture I’ve got because, by then, I was myself focused on eating my ice cream while there was still some to be had. Sharing two desserts among five people is the right amount of food in terms of not overeating. However, it does tend to turn snack time into a competitive sport! At 4:00pm, it was really time to leave after a terrifically magical Disney day.

I also have a Pecos Bill incident from 2019, in which I ended up in the Magic Kingdom First Aid Center for ice and OTC pain meds. :headache:

They have those square stools, and I grabbed the seat portion to scoot forward to eat my Some Assembly Required fajita platter. Well, I did not realize that one of the legs of the stool was loosely attached and had created a gap between the seat and leg portion of the stool. One of my fingers found that gap and then I sat down. Hard. Instant pain shooting up my arm, and my finger was swiftly deposited in my cup of ice water. Fortunately, one of the roving cast members walked by and I asked her if she could get me some ice - I was traveling solo and didn't want to leave a full plate of food and my belongings unattended, because of course I was in one of those little rooms that was not near the counter. She brought it in a food service glove, because that's what they had. :rotfl:I was amused, but very grateful.

Then, I rode Jungle Cruise while carrying a glove full of now-melted ice, since I had an expiring fast pass. :laughing: Then I went to first aid to get a replacement bag of ice, and they also gave me ibuprofen or Tylenol, which really helped. I ended up with a nice bruise as well as a dent in that fingernail that that remained until it grew out past the fingertip.

I think this was less embarrassing than your incident though, but only because I managed not to scream when it happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter