• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We’re Back Tour (Day 9) – Regurgitation!!! and other bodily functions

Madjock

<font color=blue>You don't have to be Mad but it h
The Cast:

Me (I’m not telling my age): Chief decision maker, planner and organiser extraordinaire
Darren (39): Mr. Grumpy, Marathon Man and Map Reader
Mollie (10): Jekyll & Hyde pre-teen and big girls blouse
Kirsty (4): Scaredy Cat and Drama Queen

We have a PS at AK for Breakfastosaurus at 10.00. Then the plan is to go to either Blizzard Beach or MGM but the plan today goes awry as they tend to do. As I say breakfast isn’t till 10.00 so its agreed we can have a lie in today as the troops can do with the extra sleep but when the time comes they are still difficult to rouse. Eventually I manage to get them all up. Now the girls can be a bit cranky when they wake up, especially if they haven’t had enough sleep, but they generally snap out of it pretty quickly but this morning Kirsty Lou is in top whinge mode, she doesn’t want to get up, doesn’t want to wash, brush her teeth, put sun cream on, get dressed, generally just doesn’t want to do anything and is whining non stop! I’m just about to lose my patience (yes I know I’m a rotten mother) when I realise she’s looking quite flushed. I take her temperature, the old fashioned way, by sticking my hand on her forehead, well it’s the only equipment I have for the job, and yes she’s flaming hot. I think some Tylenol is called for and I just get the spoon to her mouth when – blurrggghh! she throws up. I take her off to the bathroom, where she’s sick a couple more times, and get her cleaned up while Darren strips the bed. When she’s finished we put her in our bed. I give her a plastic bag and explain that just in case she can’t make the bathroom in time to try and aim for this (thank heavens for all the shopping at least I have a handy supply of sick bags).

Okay so now we have to rethink the plan. Kirsty is obviously in no state to go anywhere and it wouldn’t be fair to expect Mollie to sit around the room all day. I know she wants to go to one of the water parks so I suggest Darren take her and I stay with Kirsty. He put up a fierce battle and his arm still hurts from the extreme pressure I had to apply to twist it up his back but after much cajoling, persuading, pleading, bribery and blackmail he finally agreed with me that this was a good idea, hmmmm! I sent him off to get me some coffee, breakfast and supplies as who knows when I’ll be able to leave the room. After doing so he and Mollie are off.

Kirsty is fast asleep and remains so for a couple of hours. I take the opportunity to tidy up our room which by now looks like a bomb has hit it(and you can’t move for balloons and trainers), start writing some trip notes and then have a read of the newspaper. Kirsty wakes up sometime just after 12.00 and is sick a couple of more times, this is where its lucky she hasn’t really eaten for the past week, its not too yucky and by now is more or less just fluids. Housekeeping turn up to sort out the room so I take this opportunity to give Kirsty a little bath. Afterwards she gets back in to bed and announces in her best drama queen voice that she thinks she could manage to watch some cartoons, she’s such a martyr! She lasts all of 15 minutes and then she’s fast asleep again.

She wakes up again around 3.00 ish and tells me she’s starving, hmmm, I don’t want to give her anything for fear she’ll regurgitate it but she keeps on and on, you’d have to be completely heartless to be able to resist feeding your 4 year old when they’re pleading with you, literally begging you for food, and as I’m not I gave in. I took her up to the food court to see if there was anything I would be able to feed her that wouldn’t immediately reappear and if it did it wouldn’t be too gross. I spy some bread, aaahhh! perfect! dry bread and water, what more could a starving child want. We take a seat for this sumptuous banquet and she devours her slice of bread like she’s never seen food before. She licks her lips and announces that she’s still starving, hmmm, okay I’ll get you some more bread. This time I get her 2 slices, now we really are talking banquet, and she quickly demolishes these in a lip smacking, finger licking kind of way. The family sitting next to us are giving me some strange looks but its not till later I realise that they’re probably thinking to themselves, blimey I know Disney’s expensive but that’s surely no reason to feed your poor child nothing but bread and water!!! Oh well.

We walk back to our room and Kirsty suddenly decides she wants to go for a swim. I’m really not sure about this and try to dissuade her with ‘we’ll see, maybe later’ but she’s not buying it and insists she now feels fine and wants to swim. I have to admit that she is looking fine but I’m still worrying about that banquet making an appearance. However in the end she wears me down as only a child can and I agree to go for a quick swim. Turns out it is quick as she only lasts half an hour. When we get back to the room she lies on the bed watching cartoons but within 10 mins she’s fast asleep again.

Just as Kirsty wakes up again, Darren and Mollie arrive back. They’ve been to Blizzard Beach and went on lots of things and had a great time sorry but that’s as much information as I got out of them.

Kirsty informs us that she feels fine but she’s starving, Darren and Mollie are also starving but I don’t know what to do for the best. In the end Darren persuades me that we should go out and just see how it goes so we do. We head for Rainforest Café but it’s a 2 hour wait, we decide to try Planet Hollywood so Marathon Man marches us over there, Kirsty’s legs aren’t up to the march so I tell him to go on ahead and get a table if he can, I’ll wait half an hour but no more. When we reach him we have a 20 minute wait which isn’t too bad. We go on up to the bar and order some drinks, I’m still reluctant to let Kirsty have a fizzy drink so she gets stuck with water, much to her disgust. We order some Nachos while we’re waiting as we are all very hungry by now and Kirsty tucks in. She then needs to go toilet and as Mollie also needs to go she offers to take her. Within 2 seconds Mollie’s back, Kirsty needs you she tells me. Oh great I knew that food would pop back up to say hello. However it wasn’t that end that was the problem. The first day we arrived and Kirsty used a toilet it self flushed, well the poor child almost had a heart attack and since then she has been reluctant to go toilet and would only every sit long enough to do the quickest of wees before leaping off like she had just sat on hot coals, could be a whole new game show ‘beat the flush – if you think you’re quick enough’, anyway she ended up with a blockage (constipation if you want the technical term). So this is why she hasn’t been eating! doh! now its all making sense. But now she was unblocked, well and truly, from both ends and OMG!!!! Gas masks definitely required!

We got shown to our seat and I try to persuade Kirsty to just share some dinner with me but she’s not having it, she’s starving and wants her own she tells me. Mollie has pizza, Darren and I have fajitas and Kirsty has Chicken strips. Kirsty has finished her chicken strips before I’ve even managed to put my first fajita together. She’s still hungry so she starts in on our chicken and then decides to have a slice of Mollie’s pizza, Kirsty never eats pizza! I’m now very worried about all this food reappearing and more worryingly from what end! even though she seems absolutely fine. I refuse to let them have desserts, that’s pushing it too far.

Afterwards, its still quite early, I keep asking her and she keeps reassuring me she’s fine, so we settle on visiting Disneyquest which we’ve never done before. Darren, Mollie and I all have a go at the human pinball, shooting some baskets and a couple of the other games. Mollie does the animation class and is actually very good but I already knew she was artistic. Kirsty just loves the make your own picture thingy and we get conned into buying a couple and Darren tries the make your own toy. It was very enjoyable and I’m sure there’s still loads we missed but after a good couple of hours in here I’ve had enough. We have a little wander around the shops and part with some more money then we head on home.

The girls watch a little TV while Darren and I chill out with a drink but its not long till Kirsty is fast asleep. Mollie however is not happy. I eventually prise it out of her that she’s worried about Kirsty being sick again during the night so we play musical beds. Darren gets in with Kirsty and I share with Mollie. Before long everyone is snoring their heads off, literally, except for me of course, I lie awake worrying that Kirsty’s going to be okay, all part of being a mum!

Annmarie

Poor kid.

Had to laugh though - my 2 kids both played "beat the flush" the whole time they were there!!

Fantastic reports - can't wait for more.

Glad it all worked out terrible start to your day but nice ending
:jester:

Poor Kirsty:(

It's rotten to be ill on your holiday (especially when you are only 4!)

Karen

Great report, keep them coming!

Poor Kirsty, hope she got her appetite back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter