WDW to Universal

soccer mom

DIS Veteran
We just added another day to our trip in November. Was thinking we might spend it at Universal Studios. Is there an inexpensive fast way to get to and from WL to Universal? We won't have a car with us.

I have the same question. We are also going in November and would like to try to go to Universal. We are staying at HIFS and also are not re nting a car. So far, the options I have heard are as follows: public transportation(Lynx bus) which seems to require at least three or four different transfers and sounds like it would take all morning to get there from WDW. Another option is Mears, which I believe charges about $12.00 per person each way. We are a group of seven, so that really is not a very affordable option. Taking a cab is another option which can also get rather expensive for our large group because we probably would need to take two separate ones. Maybe that would be an option for you if your group is smaller. One person mentioned the possibility or renting a car for one day from Priceline. I haven't investigated that yet. Maybe we'll get some other suggestions from some helpful person. When are you going in November? We're going the 12th thru the 20th. :D :p

I thought there was a thread awhile back that staed HIFS had transportation to the parks for a fee.

We're going November 9th through the 17th. Thought we'd get the 7 day hopper plus which will get us to all the parks and a water park on one day too , but thought we'd try Universal for one day since we've never been. Hope it won't be too much of a hassle.

Mears is generally the least expensive option (except for the Lynx transportation, which I don't really recommend). The roundtrip ticket is $10-$12, I think. If you have a larger party, you might want to consider Tiffany Towncar and one of their vans. They will happily shuttle you to the park and be waiting for you on the return at the time you specify. We've used this service in the past to get to Universal and found it to be wondeful!

Good luck with whichever option you choose!

Thanks! Didn't know they did that. There are five of us, so it won't be too bad. Besides, it's vacation -- money doesn't matter!! ----- Did I say that?

Tiffany Towncar's rate is $60 r/t for the car - no matter how many people and you can make your own pick up and drop off hours - well worth the convenience in my opinion.

Last Jan. we stayed at the Wyndham Palace,they had a car rental place right on site (Alamo,I think)it was $40.00 for the day. We went shopping at the Crossroads mall,then on to Universal.We had a great day.:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter