WDW to Port Canaveral Transfer

mousenyc

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I'm sure this topic has probably been discussed on this forum before, but I couldn't find the answer to my question in my searches. We are staying on WDW property before our cruise. I'm weighing my options between booking the DCL transfer from WDW to PC (for a family of 4) or just getting an UberXL. I priced out an UberXL from WDW to PC and it was a little less than the DCL transfer. The benefit would be the ability to arrive earlier to PC. Since I was able to check-in early, I was able to secure an early Port Arrival time, because of this I am leaning towards the Uber option. I called DCL and the Cast Member shared with me that the pickup would probably be late morning, but they can't confirm the time because that is not determined until a day or two before pickup date.

Has anyone taken an Uber from WDW to PC? How was that experience? Did you find a surge in Uber prices on Cruise days? Any unexpected cost or detail that I should consider?

The Castmember also suggested booking the DCL transfer from MCO. They have a bus that leaves starting at 9:30AM. But I would have to take a cab there anyway. Seems like a hassle and not much of a savings anyway.

I would appreciate any feedback from those that have contemplated this question and your experience. Lessons learned.. ? Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I'm sure this topic has probably been discussed on this forum before, but I couldn't find the answer to my question in my searches. We are staying on WDW property before our cruise. I'm weighing my options between booking the DCL transfer from WDW to PC (for a family of 4) or just getting an UberXL. I priced out an UberXL from WDW to PC and it was a little less than the DCL transfer. The benefit would be the ability to arrive earlier to PC. Since I was able to check-in early, I was able to secure an early Port Arrival time, because of this I am leaning towards the Uber option. I called DCL and the Cast Member shared with me that the pickup would probably be late morning, but they can't confirm the time because that is not determined until a day or two before pickup date.

Has anyone taken an Uber from WDW to PC? How was that experience? Did you find a surge in Uber prices on Cruise days? Any unexpected cost or detail that I should consider?

The Castmember also suggested booking the DCL transfer from MCO. They have a bus that leaves starting at 9:30AM. But I would have to take a cab there anyway. Seems like a hassle and not much of a savings anyway.

I would appreciate any feedback from those that have contemplated this question and your experience. Lessons learned.. ? Thanks in advance!
Only input I have for you, regardless of when you arrive, even with a 10:30 Port Arrival Time, you won't be boarding the ship until 11:30ish (that's when boarding typically begins). Really no reason to be there terribly early, unless you don't mind waiting around the terminal before boarding.

To take the Magical Express to MCO to catch DCL transfers would require 2 hours travel time. Why spend 2 hours on the bus, when it's typically only one hour from a WDW resort? And the cost is the same.

Only input I have for you, regardless of when you arrive, even with a 10:30 Port Arrival Time, you won't be boarding the ship until 11:30ish (that's when boarding typically begins). Really no reason to be there terribly early, unless you don't mind waiting around the terminal before boarding.

To take the Magical Express to MCO to catch DCL transfers would require 2 hours travel time. Why spend 2 hours on the bus, when it's typically only one hour from a WDW resort? And the cost is the same.

Thanks. I wasn’t aware that boarding wasn’t until 11:30AM. Something I will keep in mind.

Regarding the transfer to MCO then to PC was crazy to me. But I thought I would share it since it was offered just in case I was missing something.

Thanks for the feedback.

One nice thing about taking the transfers from WDW is that even though you might get there a bit after boarding, odds are you can take your carry-ons directly to your cabin. I was able to do that, go to the dining changes area to verify things/request a Palo server, AND make it to Cabanas for a chill lunch.

One nice thing about taking the transfers from WDW is that even though you might get there a bit after boarding, odds are you can take your carry-ons directly to your cabin. I was able to do that, go to the dining changes area to verify things/request a Palo server, AND make it to Cabanas for a chill lunch.
Very good point 👌🏼Thank you

So are you saying if I take the DCL Transfer from WDW to PC, I won't have to unload my luggage from the bus for check-in? They will magically appear in my cabin and I only need to deal with my carry-on luggage at PC? Did I understand that correctly?

Thanks. I wasn’t aware that boarding wasn’t until 11:30AM. Something I will keep in mind.

Regarding the transfer to MCO then to PC was crazy to me. But I thought I would share it since it was offered just in case I was missing something.

Thanks for the feedback.
We like to get there early with a PAT of 10:30 am and take pictures around the terminal and outside near the ship. Even when you arrive early the time passes quickly and it is exciting to hear your boarding group called! I figure I have paid enough money for this cruise, I will spend every minute I can onboard! LOL

You cannot get to your staterooms until 1:30, but our time passes quickly as we eat in Cabana's and walk around the ship. If you keep a bag with you for swimsuits or a change of clothes, you can head up to the pool area or Aquaduck.

I have wondered about Uber cost also from WDW to PC, but we always use Tiffany Towncar and our driver picks us up and away we go! You might want to price out all and see what you think works best for your family. Lots of options these days!

Enjoy!

So are you saying if I take the DCL Transfer from WDW to PC, I won't have to unload my luggage from the bus for check-in? They will magically appear in my cabin and I only need to deal with my carry-on luggage at PC? Did I understand that correctly?
Yes, using DCL transfers from WDW resorts, you leave your checked bags inside your room at the resort for pick up around 8:00 am. They are transported to the ship and delivered (outside your door) onboard the ship later in the afternoon.

You don't even have to take your bags to the bus.

Yep! They will pick up checked luggage around 8am and yes, that will appear outside your cabin (they don’t put it IN the cabin).

We like to get there early with a PAT of 10:30 am and take pictures around the terminal and outside near the ship. Even when you arrive early the time passes quickly and it is exciting to hear your boarding group called! I figure I have paid enough money for this cruise, I will spend every minute I can onboard! LOL

You cannot get to your staterooms until 1:30, but our time passes quickly as we eat in Cabana's and walk around the ship. If you keep a bag with you for swimsuits or a change of clothes, you can head up to the pool area or Aquaduck.

I have wondered about Uber cost also from WDW to PC, but we always use Tiffany Towncar and our driver picks us up and away we go! You might want to price out all and see what you think works best for your family. Lots of options these days!

Enjoy!
Great tips. Thank you!

Yes, using DCL transfers from WDW resorts, you leave your checked bags inside your room at the resort for pick up around 8:00 am. They are transported to the ship and delivered (outside your door) onboard the ship later in the afternoon.

Well that is a perk to consider. I wasn’t aware. Thank you 👍

Thanks for the feedback.

Going to MCO to pick up the DCL bus to PC isn't always that crazy. We did it last time. We had a rental car. It was going to cost a lot to drop it off at PC. Plus, the last time we did that, the car rental place took forever to shuttle us to the port. We had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare once it opened. Drove to MCO and dropped off the car. We were in line for the DCL bus by 9:30. I think we caught the 2nd bus. However, I wouldn't do this unless you needed to go to the airport for some reason, but it's really easy and convenient. A lot of people like to stay at the airport the night before the cruise and do WDW after the cruise.

Going to MCO to pick up the DCL bus to PC isn't always that crazy. We did it last time. We had a rental car. It was going to cost a lot to drop it off at PC. Plus, the last time we did that, the car rental place took forever to shuttle us to the port. We had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare once it opened. Drove to MCO and dropped off the car. We were in line for the DCL bus by 9:30. I think we caught the 2nd bus. However, I wouldn't do this unless you needed to go to the airport for some reason, but it's really easy and convenient. A lot of people like to stay at the airport the night before the cruise and do WDW after the cruise.
Thanks. Definitely makes sense since you had to drop off the car anyway.

You didn't say if this is your first DCL cruise however here is some food for thought. One thing bout taking DCL transfers from the resort that I don't see mentioned yet is that it is a great build up to the cruise. Most of the buses are the DCL themed ones with the porthole windows which, in a weird way, helps build the anticipation. The ride to the port has the informative movies that give you some good information on what to expect when you get there and while onboard. The kind of movie you get when you take ME from the airport to the resort but obviously based on DCL instead of the WDW. For us getting on that bus is the start of our cruise, not just transportation to the port. Having said that, we have used other methods to get there as well but the DCL buses are certainly our favorite. It's the difference between starting our vacation when we step on the bus or starting our vacation when we step on the ship. I like that build up of excitement we get with their transportation. JMO.

This probably sounds silly but I was hoping that my son can sleep in as late as possible (obviously will depend on when we need to catch the DCL transfer bus) on the day our cruise leaves. We will be staying at a WDW resort and were hoping to have our luggage picked up from our room...but I am worried that they will wake up my son when they come to get my luggage. Are they usually pretty quiet when they come to collect the luggage at 8am? I'm wondering if I should just NOT use the luggage service and bring my big suitcase myself on the bus? Would it be weird to leave a note on the door asking them to knock quietly when they arrive for the luggage? Any suggestions?

We like to take the DCL bus from WDW resort to PC. We get there a little later, but not crowds and our rooms are ready after lunch. Plus, they handle all of our luggage. DCL picks up the luggage around 8am and take it via truck to the port and we don't see it until it arrives at our room later in the day.

If you take the DCL bus from MCO to PC, you can take a ME bus from the WDW resort to MCO (free).

This probably sounds silly but I was hoping that my son can sleep in as late as possible (obviously will depend on when we need to catch the DCL transfer bus) on the day our cruise leaves. We will be staying at a WDW resort and were hoping to have our luggage picked up from our room...but I am worried that they will wake up my son when they come to get my luggage. Are they usually pretty quiet when they come to collect the luggage at 8am? I'm wondering if I should just NOT use the luggage service and bring my big suitcase myself on the bus? Would it be weird to leave a note on the door asking them to knock quietly when they arrive for the luggage? Any suggestions?

It is Bell Services from your resort that do the pick-ups so you can give them a call to see what they suggest. Now they start picking up luggage at 8am doesn't mean they will be at your room at 8; the last time we stayed at the resort before the cruise, they came to pick up our luggage closer to 9. But I wouldn't have a problem putting a post-it note on the door with instructions to just tap/knock softly. Without any instructions I've found they do tend to knock loud enough so you can hear them anywhere in the room.

Here you go (for your door):

You didn't say if this is your first DCL cruise however here is some food for thought. One thing bout taking DCL transfers from the resort that I don't see mentioned yet is that it is a great build up to the cruise. Most of the buses are the DCL themed ones with the porthole windows which, in a weird way, helps build the anticipation. The ride to the port has the informative movies that give you some good information on what to expect when you get there and while onboard. The kind of movie you get when you take ME from the airport to the resort but obviously based on DCL instead of the WDW. For us getting on that bus is the start of our cruise, not just transportation to the port. Having said that, we have used other methods to get there as well but the DCL buses are certainly our favorite. It's the difference between starting our vacation when we step on the bus or starting our vacation when we step on the ship. I like that build up of excitement we get with their transportation. JMO.
This exactly (for us anyway)! I love getting the Disney magic started as soon as I get on the bus.

One other thing to note: as with the MDE busses, the buses to the Port have a bathroom in them. :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!!

This will be my third DC. I’ve taken the DCL transfer in the past. Usually from MCO to PC, this will be my first time from WDW to PC. You do have a point about the buildup. Something to consider as well 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter