WDW to DVC Reservation Swap

kh2oson

Mouseketeer
Any help or knowledge please!! My daughter has booked a WDW vacation at Saratoga Springs, since then my brother has offered his DVC points to use instead. According to DVC site, that and all the resorts are booked solid for her selected dates and everything else even close. So cancelling and rebooking with DVC is not an option. Is it possible to call DVC and have them "switch" the reservation to DVC? I have called several times and been disconnected or waiting on hold so long I had to give up. Just wondering if anyone knows if I should even keep trying if it is not an option. Also my brother as made me and Associate on his membership, can I call or should he?

bummer, its not until October. I guess we could just keep checking and/or waitlist and hope for the best! Thank you!

Any help or knowledge please!! My daughter has booked a WDW vacation at Saratoga Springs, since then my brother has offered his DVC points to use instead. According to DVC site, that and all the resorts are booked solid for her selected dates and everything else even close. So cancelling and rebooking with DVC is not an option. Is it possible to call DVC and have them "switch" the reservation to DVC? I have called several times and been disconnected or waiting on hold so long I had to give up. Just wondering if anyone knows if I should even keep trying if it is not an option. Also my brother as made me and Associate on his membership, can I call or should he?
No. It isn't possible to swap a cash reservation out for a reservation made with points. The cash bookings actually come out of a separate inventory from the Vacation Club inventory.

What he could do (or you could do this as an associate) is to set up a wait list for the nights your daughter wants to visit. People cancel all of the time and wait list wishes get granted. I just canceled 4 nights in a BWV standard studio for the fall and someone is probably thrilled to be getting those nights! If the wait list comes thru, your daughter can cancel the cash reservation.

I have called several times and been disconnected or waiting on hold so long I had to give up.

Pre-sale for Boo Bash tickets started yesterday, so getting through on the phone for anything yesterday or today would have been difficult.

No. It isn't possible to swap a cash reservation out for a reservation made with points. The cash bookings actually come out of a separate inventory from the Vacation Club inventory.

What he could do (or you could do this as an associate) is to set up a wait list for the nights your daughter wants to visit. People cancel all of the time and wait list wishes get granted. I just canceled 4 nights in a BWV standard studio for the fall and someone is probably thrilled to be getting those nights! If the wait list comes thru, your daughter can cancel the cash reservation.

Thank you! :)

Say what? I don't understand what you are saying. People booked at seven months out in March for October.

My previous reply was a violation of the policies here. All I can say I guess is that traditionally rooms open up after the 7 month mark. Hopefully for the OP that is the case and they can book something for their dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter