WDW tickets at DL

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
I can use WDW tickets at DL and DCA correct? I am planning on buying 10 day tickets to WDW and using them for 5 days in March and then 3 days at DLR. This will get us in around $30 a day. I read elsewhere that this is not a good value to use the tickets at DL. If I buy DL hoppers also for a 3 day ticket I am looking at $40 a day.

What should I do? What am I missing?

Did you include the "no-expiration" option? Or will you be at Disneyland within 13 days of your first day at WDW? 10 day WDW MYW base tickets with no expiration option is $37.10 per day per adult, add in the park hopper option and it is $40.90 (for 10 days, not for the 8 you have planned). The 3-day Disneyland resort tickets in March are $129 with the "Everyone plays for kids price" or $43 per day. I suppose you would save a few dollars doing the 10 day WDW tickets, IF you plan on using it for 10 days. Currently you have only 8 days planned.

It includes no expiration and hopping. We will use the extra days later. Can we use the hopping portion at DL?

One more thing, the no-expiration option is $155 for a 10 day ticket. That is more than the cost of a 3-day Disneyland ticket. Personally I wouldn't bother for a $2.10 per day saving. In fact in the long run it could cost you more unless you will only go to the parks for 2 days. The first 3 days are the most expensive for a ticket, so if you did another 5 day trip your tickets would be more expensive ($80 for the 2 unused days and $237 for the next 3, versus $246 for a 5 day ticket)

Actually they can. But only WDW tickets at DL, not DL tickets at WDW.

I thought that it was only the old WDW tickets that could be used to DL (the ones prior to Magic Your Way plan), and that they couldn't be used for hopping. I guess you best answer would come from calling guest services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter