WDW Ticket Price Increase

hhisc16

DHHIR owner, DISDAD
Anybody else notice the new ticket prices for WDW?

I was looking at Nov 2023 for ticket prices yesterday and today to MK.

Increase from 159 to 189 before taxes!

Anybody else notice the new ticket prices for WDW?

I was looking at Nov 2023 for ticket prices yesterday and today to MK.

Increase from 159 to 189 before taxes!
Yes, tickets (at least single day) are now date based and park based in terms of pricing. As erionm indicated this was announced a few weeks ago. One caveat to note is that if you buy a single day park specific ticket it now automatically makes the park pass for you.

I thought Iger took over? Is he in greed mode also?
No this is standard corporate practice. They have lately been in the habit of two increases per year, one of which was generally February - March timeframe I believe.

Ticket prices never go down. We buy tickets as soon as we lock in dates. In this case, yes, we knew there would be a price increase first week of December. If the market does slow down and Disney offers any special deals later you can always apply the price you paid for the tickets to the price for the special deal and take a credit for the difference.

I think the price increase is surprising because the increase is not just a normal price increase. It’s a bigger than normal price increase on top of many price increases.

Yeah...wow...ouch.

We bought our 5-day park hoppers on 12/7...paid $1200ish.......now looking today same tickets are now $1500ish......wow.

Glad we bought the day before the increase.

$189 is nuts. Let's say you go during a peak time and you're lucky to do 10 things in a day, which is probably a lot. That's $19 per ride or show. Is there a single thing at magic Kingdom that you'd straight up pay $19 for? Is Aladdins Carpets worth $19?

$189 is nuts. Let's say you go during a peak time and you're lucky to do 10 things in a day, which is probably a lot. That's $19 per ride or show. Is there a single thing at magic Kingdom that you'd straight up pay $19 for? Is Aladdins Carpets worth $19?
Aladdin’s Carpets aren’t worth 19¢.
I wish they would go back to their roots, and charge a general admission. Then sell the ticket books for the attractions. We love to visit Epcot, but often it’s just to walk around.

We haven't been to Disney in a while. Between kids and college and sports, it's been difficult to plan. Today we decided to look seriously at a trip and found a resort, decent flights, but the tickets for 6 of us were over $4500. That's huge in my eyes. Not sure DVC is my thing anymore when you average a $100 plus a day in the parks per person.

I have an AP but have a friend going with me in november. I just checked for her and a 7 day PH ticket from UT is $702 and direct from Disney is $811. I didn’t realize that there was that much of an increase. I knew there was one but not that much. I am going to tell her to buy now.

I guess they need the money to payoff the $250 million they owe Chapek. Talk about a sweet deal.
He signed a 3 year contract. $250 million is a number I haven’t seen. His annual salary is no where near that number. Even with bonuses it is a lot less than that number. Since he was terminated, I’m not sure if they owe him bonuses. Most reports stated he was owed $20-25 million.

He signed a 3 year contract. $250 million is a number I haven’t seen. His annual salary is no where near that number. Even with bonuses it is a lot less than that number. Since he was terminated, I’m not sure if they owe him bonuses. Most reports stated he was owed $20-25 million.
Which, after the recent increases, is the cost of 5 churros.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!