WDW Tea Cups Closed for 6 weeks (4-10-13)

Jimsig

DIS Veteran
The Tea Cups at WDW closed the other day (either 4-10 or 11) for a 6 week rehab according to a CM. We rode them Tuesday, went back Thur and they were closed.

Double Boohoo - if it's 6 wks, they will reopen when we are leaving. Aren't they near the new Fantasy land? I can't believe they are closing this so soon after the new Fantasy land reopened.

The rehab was supposed to be in Jan/Feb, but was pushed back. I assume due to unexpected large crowds for new fantasyland or something, as you suggest.

I know others will disagree, but to this I say YESSS!!! :cheer2:

This means I won't have to ride with DD next month. This ride makes me ill, lol.

Picture from Mouseplant.com showing all the tea cups removed.

click

Can't complain too much about Disney rehabs. I was at King's Dominion this weekend, and there are attractions that haven't seen a lick of new paint in 20 or more years. I think Disney does very well with their rehab schedule to keep everything fresh and new, and most things open.

I know others will disagree, but to this I say YESSS!!! :cheer2:

This means I won't have to ride with DD next month. This ride makes me ill, lol.

Makes me ill too! But unfortunately it is scheduled to reopen May 22nd (our first day at MK) and my kiddos LOVE it! Oh well, the things we do for our children!!

I've been in WDW when Ariel was supposed to reopen in DHS, and when Test Track was supposed to reopen at Epcot. Both were delayed.

I expect the teacups are a far simpler refurb than Test Track, but I don't know what was done at the Voyage of the Little Mermaid, so I can't compare there.

At WDW now and miss not being on the ride. Actually, my son and I miss hearing "OMG, look at those two go!"

they better not close the carousel - it was suppose to be refub after the tea cups - until the tea cups reopen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter