WDW Steiff Question...TB&DC

dreamflight99

<font color=deeppink>Princess of THIS Castle!<br><
I see most of the posts are about "pins"...which I collect with a crazy-fever like addiction (ahem..swore I wouldn't...but did anyhoo). This question, however, is about the Teddy Bear & doll convention. Does anyone collect these steiffs? If so, has anyone heard if there is another bear produced for this year? I have the set, and heard the pin-trader steiff bear offered last year was the "final" bear in the series? They still have some sale on ebay, and if this is the last one...I'd like to know so I may purchase another now (investment). Same question applies for the Disney Barbie offered in 2000, (currently for sale in the parks). Thanks for any/all help! :bounce: :bounce: DF99

Does anyone collect these steiffs? If so, has anyone heard if there is another bear produced for this year? I have the set, and heard the pin-trader steiff bear offered last year was the "final" bear in the series?

Well, to try to answer this question, first, yes I have several of the steiff bears. I'm not sure what you mean about a "set" though. Steiff has been producing different plush items for the convention since it started. There are currently more than 13 different convention Steiff varieties (not including size differences).

Since the Teddy Bear & Doll Convention has officially ended, there won't be any more convention exclusive items anymore. There will, however, be a TB&D expo weekend the first weekend in December this year. This is being handled by Epcot special events, and not WDW Special Events as in past years. I don't have much more info on it yet, but I do know that the artists are still doing limited edition pieces, and there will be a silent auction.

As for your question about the barbie doll. I have heard conflicting stories about this. Some have said that Mattel will not produce any more of the Disney barbies, and I have also heard that these will continue. Sorry I can't offer any more concrete information on this for you.

I'll be at the event this year. I'm hoping that it turns out well. I wish they would go back to having a full convention again though.

Sue Ellen

Originally posted by SueEllen

I'm not sure what you mean about a "set" though.

Sue Ellen

Thanks Sue Ellen! I was referring to the "Disney" set which Steiff Produced "1" of for each of the 13 years...Since 1988. The First Three were colored Steiffs...LTD. to 1000 pieces. The third was the Mickey Mouse, fourth Minnie...Donald...Baloo..Etc. These were themed, and all part of a special set/series. I know of the "other" steiffs you are referring to, as I have a couple of these as well. So, the adorable "Pin-Trader" Steiff (with miniature lanyard and pins) is the final of the series. I'll have to obtain one or two more to save. Thanks for the info!:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter