WDW Railroad/Tron Coaster opening date?

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
I really like the WDW Railroad, and I understand it's closed due to the construction of the Tron Coaster. How long do you think it will be closed? When is the Tron Coaster supposed to open?

Tron is set for 2021. I’m sure once enough construction is done they’ll have it opened. I’d guess by fall? Pretty sure the speedway said some point in the summer they’d be back

Thanks. Yes, the speedway has an estimated time of reopening, but there's nothing said about the railroad. It was closed my last trip in December 2018. I guess there's hope for Feb 2020. It's a long time between trips for me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

For sure. And last time I was there in October it was closed and I’ll be back in May. Just calls for another trip

Everything I've read has indicated the railroad will be down for quite a while. We are headed back in Jan 2020, and I'm sadly not counting on it being open (but there's always hope!).

In the aerial photos thread, it looks like they've actually taken up the tracks. That doesn't bode well for me. Looks like it goes right through the area of construction. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter