WDW Railroad/Tron Coaster opening date?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by AdamsMum, Mar 17, 2019 at 9:43 AM.

1. AdamsMum

AdamsMum DIS Veteran

I really like the WDW Railroad, and I understand it's closed due to the construction of the Tron Coaster. How long do you think it will be closed? When is the Tron Coaster supposed to open?

2. Peppeperoni

Peppeperoni Mouseketeer

Tron is set for 2021. I’m sure once enough construction is done they’ll have it opened. I’d guess by fall? Pretty sure the speedway said some point in the summer they’d be back

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. AdamsMum

AdamsMum DIS Veteran

Thanks. Yes, the speedway has an estimated time of reopening, but there's nothing said about the railroad. It was closed my last trip in December 2018. I guess there's hope for Feb 2020. It's a long time between trips for me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

5. 1lilspark

1lilspark DIS Veteran

I heard railroad was a year+ so I wouldn’t count on a reopen prior to December

6. Peppeperoni

Peppeperoni Mouseketeer

For sure. And last time I was there in October it was closed and I’ll be back in May. Just calls for another trip

AdamsMum likes this.
  7. jbb4me

jbb4me Earning My Ears

Everything I've read has indicated the railroad will be down for quite a while. We are headed back in Jan 2020, and I'm sadly not counting on it being open (but there's always hope!).

8. AdamsMum

AdamsMum DIS Veteran

In the aerial photos thread, it looks like they've actually taken up the tracks. That doesn't bode well for me. Looks like it goes right through the area of construction. :(

jbb4me likes this.