WDW pro, DLP Questions - Any help appreciated!

dprincessmom

dprincessmom
We are WDW pros, but this will be our first adventure at DLP. I have read several trip reports and did our research but still have questions.
We (3 adults) are staying Sunday to Wednesday in mid-April at Sequoia (seemed the most different than what we have stayed at) Club Level.

1. The plan is Eurostar from London to DLP, which leads to a few questions: Is there a Eurostar station at DLP or will we have to transfer to another line once we get to Paris? Since we really don't have plans that day, and assuming that there is only one train to deal with, can we just walk with our luggage to the hotel? Will bell services hold the luggage if the room isn't available? With our plan, is there an advantage for Disney Express? We typically drive to WDW, so no clue about Disney Express?
  2. Dining in the Park: After reading several reviews and options for dining, I ultimately only booked Walt's. Am I missing a must do that maybe was overlooked because of a bad review? It seems like places in Disney Village stay open later than the parks, so we could drop in there for food?
  3. Seems like there should be no school holidays to add to the weekday crowds mid-April - is that correct?
  4. Is DLP plus size friendly? At WDW I can ride everything that I want (haven't tried Tron), my concern is the roller coasters which I love.
  5. It doesn't seem like pin trading is a big thing at DLP, is it worth taking the pins over?
  6. Have you been able to get discounts on merchandise and/or dining for DVC or Disney Visa? I don't see DVC as a thing at DLP, but would hate to miss out on the discounts if there are any.
  7. The "tax refund" my understanding is if you spend over 100 euros, you can have the sales tax refunded to you. Can I find more information at the hotel?
Thank you all for any information.

1. Yes, there is an international train station at Disneyland Paris. But to my knowledge there is no longer a direct train from London to Disneyland. You will have to transfer at Lille to another train, or go to Paris and take the RER (Subway/Train).
- Yes, you can walk from the train station to your hotel. Will be about a 10-15 minute walk, depending on walking speed. You will go through security to get access to the park grounds (and Disney Village).
- Yes, all hotels have a luggage drop off you can use for free.
- To my understanding, never used it myself, Disney Express has the benefit that you can leave your luggage at the train station and collect your park tickets at the station, saving you time.

2. In my opinion all table service in the park is overpriced, but a lot depends on what you like. I didn't like Remy for feed, enjoyed the atmosphere, I love Agrabah Cafe's buffet, but Middle Eastern food is not for everyone.
In general I have the feeling restaurants get a bad review for 2 reasons, 1. They are overpriced, so price/quality is a thing. 2. People who are used to US Disney parks can compare too much. Disneyland Paris is not a food destination. Food was never a focus for this park. It is absolutely fine food, but you have to go into the park with low expectations when it comes to food. Then it can only be better than expected :)
- Restaurants in the Village are open later, these do not take reservations. Royal Pub is one of my favourite and Annette's

3. No, a large part of France (luckily not Paris) has Spring holidays in mid-April. But if you have multiple days, make use of the morning hours for hotel guests, and go in with a plan, you should be able to do a lot.
https://publicholidays.fr/school-holidays/

4. I think you won't have a problem with most rides, but there are some threads about this. Use the search bar to look for plus size of pooh sized. Keep in mind that French sizing in clothes is a thing. There are less options for the larger sizes, so if you plan to buy clothes, adjust expectations.

5. Pin trading is not really a thing, there is some with CMs, but it's not a lot. On Saturday there are some professional traders who set up their stuff next to the pin shop in Frontierland. Near the Pocahontas playground.

6. Can't help you with DVC discounts, as it's indeed not a thing here. Never hurts to ask. But I don't think either DVC or Disney Visa will get you discounts here.

7. I had never heard of this and had to google, according to DLP Report (one of the bigger fansites of DLP) reported in June this year that you have to go to City Hall, and they use the SkipTax App for non-EU visitors who spend over 100 euro.

We are WDW pros, but this will be our first adventure at DLP. I have read several trip reports and did our research but still have questions.
I have been going to Disneyland California for over 10 years and have been to Disneyland Paris multiple time. I did a family trip to Disneyland Paris in October 2023 and did a very in depth trip report, if you havent seen it https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...isneyland-paris-app-and-premier-pass.3933288/
We (3 adults) are staying Sunday to Wednesday in mid-April at Sequoia (seemed the most different than what we have stayed at) Club Level.
I have stayed at Sequoia Lodge. From YouTube videos of WDW, it is very similar but A LOT smaller than Wilderness Lodge.
  1. The plan is Eurostar from London to DLP, which leads to a few questions: Is there a Eurostar station at DLP or will we have to transfer to another line once we get to Paris?
There used to be a direct London To Disney Eurostar train but it ended in June 2023. You now have to change at Lille. You buy a ticket London to Disney and just change trains. You dont go to Paris.
Since we really don't have plans that day, and assuming that there is only one train to deal with, can we just walk with our luggage to the hotel?
Technically yes you can walk to Sequoia Lodge from the Disney train station. You will exit the train station, walk across to the security entrance, then walk through Disney Village and over to the hotel. There is also a free shuttle buss from just outside the train station. The stops and buses are clearly marked.
Will bell services hold the luggage if the room isn't available?
Yes there is a luggage store area at the hotel.

Dining in the Park: After reading several reviews and options for dining, I ultimately only booked Walt's. Am I missing a must do that maybe was overlooked because of a bad review? It seems like places in Disney Village stay open later than the parks, so we could drop in there for food?
While food is very different to the American parks, its not bad, just theme park food. Most of the counter service are burgers, fries, pizza, hotdogs. The table service and buffets are better quality and variety. Yes Disney village and the hotel restaurants open later than in park places.
Is DLP plus size friendly? At WDW I can ride everything that I want (haven't tried Tron), my concern is the roller coasters which I love.
Europeans in general are smaller people than Americans. The only really noticeable difference is the sizing of clothes. You wont get Disneyland Paris spirit jerseys in the same range of sizes that are in WDW. I never really noticed if the rides were tighter, vehicles smaller in October.

It doesn't seem like pin trading is a big thing at DLP, is it worth taking the pins over?
I made a starter pin lanyard for my niece as it was her first Disney parks experience. It was a bit more challenging than in Disneyland California. In Disneyland Paris you need to look for CM's wearing lanyards with pins. Many cms we asked about pin trading didnt know or seem to care about it. The main pin trading shop is hidden away at the very back of Frontierland near Big Thunder Mountain. There is a large pin board and an enthusiastic cm.
Have you been able to get discounts on merchandise and/or dining for DVC or Disney Visa? I don't see DVC as a thing at DLP, but would hate to miss out on the discounts if there are any.
Always worth asking, but be prepared for apathy or no knowledge from the majority of cms.

The "tax refund" my understanding is if you spend over 100 euros, you can have the sales tax refunded to you. Can I find more information at the hotel?
This is usually done at the airport when you are leaving the country. This may be of use https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/tax-free-shopping/

1. Yes, there is an international train station at Disneyland Paris. But to my knowledge there is no longer a direct train from London to Disneyland. You will have to transfer at Lille to another train, or go to Paris and take the RER (Subway/Train).
- Yes, you can walk from the train station to your hotel. Will be about a 10-15 minute walk, depending on walking speed. You will go through security to get access to the park grounds (and Disney Village).
- Yes, all hotels have a luggage drop off you can use for free.
- To my understanding, never used it myself, Disney Express has the benefit that you can leave your luggage at the train station and collect your park tickets at the station, saving you time.

2. In my opinion all table service in the park is overpriced, but a lot depends on what you like. I didn't like Remy for feed, enjoyed the atmosphere, I love Agrabah Cafe's buffet, but Middle Eastern food is not for everyone.
In general I have the feeling restaurants get a bad review for 2 reasons, 1. They are overpriced, so price/quality is a thing. 2. People who are used to US Disney parks can compare too much. Disneyland Paris is not a food destination. Food was never a focus for this park. It is absolutely fine food, but you have to go into the park with low expectations when it comes to food. Then it can only be better than expected :)
- Restaurants in the Village are open later, these do not take reservations. Royal Pub is one of my favourite and Annette's

3. No, a large part of France (luckily not Paris) has Spring holidays in mid-April. But if you have multiple days, make use of the morning hours for hotel guests, and go in with a plan, you should be able to do a lot.
https://publicholidays.fr/school-holidays/

4. I think you won't have a problem with most rides, but there are some threads about this. Use the search bar to look for plus size of pooh sized. Keep in mind that French sizing in clothes is a thing. There are less options for the larger sizes, so if you plan to buy clothes, adjust expectations.

5. Pin trading is not really a thing, there is some with CMs, but it's not a lot. On Saturday there are some professional traders who set up their stuff next to the pin shop in Frontierland. Near the Pocahontas playground.

6. Can't help you with DVC discounts, as it's indeed not a thing here. Never hurts to ask. But I don't think either DVC or Disney Visa will get you discounts here.

7. I had never heard of this and had to google, according to DLP Report (one of the bigger fansites of DLP) reported in June this year that you have to go to City Hall, and they use the SkipTax App for non-EU visitors who spend over 100 euro.
Thank you for the information, Very excited about this trip and want to make the most of it.

I have been going to Disneyland California for over 10 years and have been to Disneyland Paris multiple time. I did a family trip to Disneyland Paris in October 2023 and did a very in depth trip report, if you havent seen it https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...isneyland-paris-app-and-premier-pass.3933288/

I have stayed at Sequoia Lodge. From YouTube videos of WDW, it is very similar but A LOT smaller than Wilderness Lodge.

There used to be a direct London To Disney Eurostar train but it ended in June 2023. You now have to change at Lille. You buy a ticket London to Disney and just change trains. You dont go to Paris.

Technically yes you can walk to Sequoia Lodge from the Disney train station. You will exit the train station, walk across to the security entrance, then walk through Disney Village and over to the hotel. There is also a free shuttle buss from just outside the train station. The stops and buses are clearly marked.

Yes there is a luggage store area at the hotel.

While food is very different to the American parks, its not bad, just theme park food. Most of the counter service are burgers, fries, pizza, hotdogs. The table service and buffets are better quality and variety. Yes Disney village and the hotel restaurants open later than in park places.

Europeans in general are smaller people than Americans. The only really noticeable difference is the sizing of clothes. You wont get Disneyland Paris spirit jerseys in the same range of sizes that are in WDW. I never really noticed if the rides were tighter, vehicles smaller in October.

I made a starter pin lanyard for my niece as it was her first Disney parks experience. It was a bit more challenging than in Disneyland California. In Disneyland Paris you need to look for CM's wearing lanyards with pins. Many cms we asked about pin trading didnt know or seem to care about it. The main pin trading shop is hidden away at the very back of Frontierland near Big Thunder Mountain. There is a large pin board and an enthusiastic cm.

Always worth asking, but be prepared for apathy or no knowledge from the majority of cms.

This is usually done at the airport when you are leaving the country. This may be of use https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/tax-free-shopping/
Thank you for the information, especially the train info - the travel is the more nerve wracking part.

If you download the SkipTax app in advance, you can set up your profile ahead of time with your passport details and bank details for the refund. The big advantage of using SkipTax is you can take photos of your receipts and upload them rather than having to go to City Hall or Disney Fashion (which was the previous process).

You need to spend €100 to get the refund, but you can combine your Disney purchases to reach that amount rather than having to buy everything in one transaction. Once you're done, you generate a barcode in the app and scan it at a tax refund kiosk before you leave the country. We've always flown so we scan it at the airport, but there should be kiosks wherever your point of departure is.

Regarding the train from London, you have the option to take a train to Paris and then take the RER to DLP. It may give you more options and it'll probably be cheaper. BUT, you'll then have to navigate the Paris metro with your luggage. It's not super difficult, I do it almost every time, but you have to change line too.
The change at Lille is much easier.

Fellow DVC member here, unfortunately there is no discount in DLP.

1. The plan is Eurostar from London to DLP, which leads to a few questions: Is there a Eurostar station at DLP or will we have to transfer to another line once we get to Paris? Since we really don't have plans that day, and assuming that there is only one train to deal with, can we just walk with our luggage to the hotel? Will bell services hold the luggage if the room isn't available? With our plan, is there an advantage for Disney Express? We typically drive to WDW, so no clue about Disney Express?
  2. Dining in the Park: After reading several reviews and options for dining, I ultimately only booked Walt's. Am I missing a must do that maybe was overlooked because of a bad review? It seems like places in Disney Village stay open later than the parks, so we could drop in there for food?
  3. Seems like there should be no school holidays to add to the weekday crowds mid-April - is that correct?
  4. Is DLP plus size friendly? At WDW I can ride everything that I want (haven't tried Tron), my concern is the roller coasters which I love.
  5. It doesn't seem like pin trading is a big thing at DLP, is it worth taking the pins over?
  6. Have you been able to get discounts on merchandise and/or dining for DVC or Disney Visa? I don't see DVC as a thing at DLP, but would hate to miss out on the discounts if there are any.
  7. The "tax refund" my understanding is if you spend over 100 euros, you can have the sales tax refunded to you. Can I find more information at the hotel?

2- I find the buffets I tried at the hotels quite good for the pricing point. Downtown Restaurant at Hotel New York is better than anything I've had food wise in the last 20 years at WDW. But, as an american friend remarked, its not a traditional american style buffet with a carving station. Most of the stuff is authentic, like real expensive mozzarella di buffalo and real macarons. Chuck Wagon Cafe at Cheyenne is closer to what you'd find at WDW, with roasted meats and southern style food. Annette's Diner is the hidden gem pricing wise: for a similar price to a quick service burger set menu, you get a better burger, lots of fries and a great brownie dessert.

4. Some rides are tighter than the equivalent at WDW. RC Racer is impossible for me at 6'3, 280 lbs due to the tiny seatbelt that buckles to the shoulder bar. Crush Coaster: sit down, cross your legs and push hard on the individual lap bar. Avengers Assemble Flight Force has similar seats and restraints to Rock N Roller Coaster in Florida, but now requires a minimal click to be able to ride. Hyperspace Mountain has vest restraints and same thing, has to go down a certain level.

5. Pin trading: not much of a day to day thing anymore, but they still release limited edition and open pins.

6. Disney Visa Card is not a thing there as far as I know.

Thank you all for the information. Counting the days til we land.
For dining, I really liked Walt's and Remy's. That said the food there isn't the greatest. During the time you are ther,e I believe their food and wine fest is going on, and that's where my party ate most of our meals.

Also, I don't care if you are Pooh or Piglet sized, Indiana Jones ride is the worst. There should be a chiropractor at the exit handing out free adjustments. Just terrible.

I love DLP and visited 100+ days since it opened, but it isn't WDW. WDW really is Disney. DLP is Disney, but in France 😀 So please don't expect WDW theming, service and food. I have stayed Club level at Sequoia Lodge, but you cannot compare that to Club level at the WDW hotels. The room is exactly the same as the standard rooms. The only perks are the seperate breakfast room, the four o'clock snack (but do you want to return to the hotel at that time?) and free water and soda.
Every hotel at DLP has a buffet for dinner. The food at the buffets is more than okay, but it really gets crowded after 7 p.m. so better make your reservations at 6 p.m.
Walts is a nice restaurant to dine and very small for a Disney restaurant.
If you want to splurge and are in to the Pirates theme and Caribean food, the restaurant in the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction is a real experience.
So is the Agrabah restaurant, great theming there.

2- I find the buffets I tried at the hotels quite good for the pricing point. Downtown Restaurant at Hotel New York is better than anything I've had food wise in the last 20 years at WDW. But, as an american friend remarked, its not a traditional american style buffet with a carving station. Most of the stuff is authentic, like real expensive mozzarella di buffalo and real macarons. Chuck Wagon Cafe at Cheyenne is closer to what you'd find at WDW, with roasted meats and southern style food. Annette's Diner is the hidden gem pricing wise: for a similar price to a quick service burger set menu, you get a better burger, lots of fries and a great brownie dessert.

4. Some rides are tighter than the equivalent at WDW. RC Racer is impossible for me at 6'3, 280 lbs due to the tiny seatbelt that buckles to the shoulder bar. Crush Coaster: sit down, cross your legs and push hard on the individual lap bar. Avengers Assemble Flight Force has similar seats and restraints to Rock N Roller Coaster in Florida, but now requires a minimal click to be able to ride. Hyperspace Mountain has vest restraints and same thing, has to go down a certain level.

5. Pin trading: not much of a day to day thing anymore, but they still release limited edition and open pins.

6. Disney Visa Card is not a thing there as far as I know.
On the minimal clicks, is there a test seat out front. I can ride Rock and Roller Coaster and get several clicks in, so just curious.

On the minimal clicks, is there a test seat out front. I can ride Rock and Roller Coaster and get several clicks in, so just curious.

Unfortunately not. Both coasters do not have test seats, but they are very, very accommodating. If you can get the harness on Rock n Roller Coaster in Florida down several clicks, you'll most likely fine. On Space Mountain, it uses a different locking mechanism where it doesn't make any noise, so don't rely on that. Just sit down and pull the restraint down to where it rest comfortably.

We went summer 2022 on opening day Avengers Campus via Eurostar.

1. Switch trains at Lille now :( St Pancras is fun; but can be a zoo in the morning, so plan ahead, the line went all the around the mall but moved quickly. Play on the piano if you want -- Dr K playing boogie woogie perhaps!.
- The train stops just outside DL-studios and you have a choice of shuttle vs security screen+walk through DTD, across the hotel lake to Sequoia ~15-20min with luggage. We did that; but was a PITA. hindsight - take the shuttle. - Checkin was a bear too and room wasn't ready. They will hold your luggage.

2. Dining was fine. We ate a Pym's. Since you're WDW - it's totally new for you; even different from ours. Buffet was good. Plenty of options on DL side; standard stuff; did not do sitdown there

4. They seemed fine. You may find turtle crush coaster a little cramped with the shell.

--rest don't know. Didn't try for any refunds.

The "tax refund" my understanding is if you spend over 100 euros, you can have the sales tax refunded to you. Can I find more information at the hotel?
I booked my reservation thru the DLP international website and in the confirmation letter they sent me they included a link to the SkipTax App. We plan to use if we spend over €100. (DLP is the last part of our trip …so if we want to go shopping crazy we can 🤣)

I last went to DLP in 2013 for 1 day. I barely remember it. Other than feeling it wasn’t very Disney. I’m going in with an open mind for this trip since they have made many changes. We got the Half Board (only staying 2 nights) and booked Remy (my friend loves Remy) and Downtown Restaurant. My choice since I really want to see the Marvel Hotel. Was going to do Pym Kitchen but looking in the menu in the App there was not really anything I would eat.

Some tips for you, since I just went last June.
1. All the park employees you will interact with speak English. Just be sure to start off your conversation with a greeting. You can start with Bon Jour, Good Morning, whatever. Just start with a pleasant greeting. In the US, we're used to someone starting with "Hi, can you..." This is considered rude in Europe. Cast members will be very friendly if you just start with a greeting :)
2. There is a restaurant in the new New York hotel, it's called The Downtown and I *loved* the food there. It's an AYCE buffet of American, Italian, Chinese, with some really fun desserts (Thor's Hammer is awesome). The best place to eat for me. (I have not tried Walt's, so I can't say.) I was non-plussed with any of the other restaurants there.
3. I am a bigger boy, I think the only ride you might have an issue fitting in is the Indiana Jones coaster, it's a bit tight.
4. I stayed at The Sierra Lodge concierge and non concierged. If you need to charge things, be forewarned there is only ONE outlet in the room. I use a cpap machine and I knew I had to bring an extension cord so I could go from the outlet across the room to the bed. Make sure you have converters and multi outlet plugs if needed.
5. I walked from the hotel to the parks and back several times a day (the train station is on the way to the parks as well.) I took the bus once, it's not worth the aggravation of going outside of the Disney Bubble to get the bus. I waited for it a lot longer than I should have waited. And while I was walking to the bus, I was accosted by someone wanting to buy my park ticket from me.
6. If the Balloon is running, take the ride, it's worth it. The view is amazing. (You'll know what I mean by the Balloon when you get there!)
7. Before you go, read up an the "history" between Phantom Manor and Big Thunder Mountain. It's a really cool backstory and it makes Phantom Manor much more creepy! :)
8. Have a blast! DLP is the prettiest park. (And make sure to go under the castle!)

Has anyone ever used Paris Disney Transfer to get to one of the hotels in DLP and/or to do the airport transfer back to CDG or ORL?

https://parisdisneytransfer.com/

I used them last June and was very happy with their service. I used them to get to DLP from the airport, then DLP to an apartment I had rented in Paris, and then to get to the airport from the apartment. They were on time ( actually a few minutes early) and professional. They have a portable card reader for payment or you can pay in cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter