• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW pacakges VS individual booking

Mrs.viv07

DIS Veteran
from what i've read it seems there really isn't much difference in fact you may same more if you go individually.
i have what may be dumb :confused3 questions but i am hoping someone can help me

1. i think we decided to stay at ASmovies...how do i book the rooms?
2. We are going in jan 2007 if i order the park tickets for 6 days now can i use them in january?
3. what is this dining plan exactly and how much is it? is there a website for it?
4. bus transportation is included with ASM but do you have to leave by a certain time (before the park closes) or can you stay till closing

i think that about covers it for now
TIA :)

We did our own, but we are staying off site--I am sure someone here can help you :thumbsup2
You can also go to the disney site, we started out there and would plug in days and packages--they have a section their that explains the dining package--Next time we go, we plan to stay on site and use the dining plan!!!!

Mrs.viv07 said:
1. i think we decided to stay at ASmovies...how do i book the rooms?
2. We are going in jan 2007 if i order the park tickets for 6 days now can i use them in january?
3. what is this dining plan exactly and how much is it? is there a website for it?
4. bus transportation is included with ASM but do you have to leave by a certain time (before the park closes) or can you stay till closing

I sent you a message with some of the answers to your questions, but transportation from Disney Property hotels usually run for about an hour after closing if I'm not mistaken.
And here's a link to the Disney Dining Plan FAQ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1023429

We always do our own but then we usually stay off site. We are staying at the CSR for a few days during our upcoming trip (for our anniversary), but I booked the room with Disney myself (even received the AAA discount). I order all of our park tickets and make our ADR's myself as well. We usually go in October so unfortunately haven't been able to take advantage of the free dining option.

I normally book everything seperately unless a really good package deal comes along. Whatever works out the cheapest is the way I go. Here's a link to a great website that goes into great detail on just about everything Disney. www.allearsnet.com

But to answer your questions:
1. You can call Disney direct or book online at www.disney.go.com
2. Your tickets are not activated until you first use them at the parks. If you get more days than you plan to use than be sure to get the non-expiring tickets. Which means they will be good forever. Also, if you plan to hop from park to park...which I LOVE having this feature even if I don't use it each day. I love the fact of having the flexibility of going to one park and if or when it starts to get a bit too crowded than I can just hop to another park.
3. You can find all the information you need to know about the Disney Dining Plan at Deb's website www.allears.net What it is you get 1 Snack, 1 Counter Service and 1 Tabletop (ADR) Service per person each day of your stay from the day you check in until midnight the day you check out. I normally budget $50 per person per day for food and we hit this limit without being able to eat the type of meals you can on the Dining Plan. The Disney Dining Plan is $38 adult per day and like $11 per child (3-9) per day. This to me is a great savings compared to what I normally pay for meals. It also gives you the peace of mind of being able to order what you want without having to look at the cost of the food! Deb's site also has a list of all the restaurants, which restaurants will cost you which credits (CS or TS), their menu's, etc. So, depending on how much you normally budget per person for food each day will depend on whether this deal is good for you and your family. It's definitely saving me lots and lots of money for our family!
4. Since your staying onsite than you just use Disney Transportation. Transportation normally runs an hour prior to park opening and an hour after park closing...there are some exceptions in which they will run longer...beginning earlier in the day and running later in the evening.

I hope this helps! Definitely check Deb's site out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter