WDW gate admission covers...

I wasn't confused until they said they just rode it a few weeks ago...I got it up until that point....

Hmm...no, I'm pretty sure it was the Skyway I rode not long ago. I distinctly remember looking down at the 20k Leagues subs circling lazily around the Lagoon and realizing for the first time that they don't actually go underwater.

would that be the tomorrowland transit authority? goes through space mountain, above buzz lightyear, that sort of thing?

who knows - i haven't been to WDW in more than a year!

Originally posted by wdwoldtimer
Hmm...no, I'm pretty sure it was the Skyway I rode not long ago. I distinctly remember looking down at the 20k Leagues subs circling lazily around the Lagoon and realizing for the first time that they don't actually go underwater.

had you just gotten off of iasw... ? i beleive that is one of the hazards, gazing longingly at the subs dreaming of trying to drown oneself to get rid of the constant singing in one's head.

the sky way was running last Jan as it was a short cut that ran right to the Ak "Beastly Kingdom" boats.::yes::

Originally posted by firemouse
Once you get in the gate at WDW...what are you able to do without paying? or does everything cost past the gate admission?

actually located inside the gate there is a big vaccum that just sucks up every red cent you have on you as you pass under so you don't even have to take out your wallet, the money is gone!:)

I'm still so confused....the skyway was the chairlift style ride that hasn't existed since (I believe, it was somewhere around here if not exactly) 1996, shortly after a worker fell to his death while sweeping the platform. It was scheduled to close anyway. Could it have been dumbo? That might have lifted you enough to see in 20,000 leagues. Otherwise I have no idea, since the lines (the wires, the track they run on) for the lifts haven't been there in years. I think we may just be calling different things the Skyway...The one I'm referring to departed from Tomorrowland next to Space Mtn and arrived in Fantasyland beside IASW (or vice versa). That one is very much closed.

OKW Lover, are you sure the Skyway is gone?!? I just rode it a couple weeks ago.

A couple of weeks ago! You mean a couple of decades ago - right?:teeth: :p ;)

Ok, maybe it wasn't a couple weeks ago...but I definitely rode the Skyway this past June. This is so strange. The Skyway is the thing with the gondolas suspended by wire that goes between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. The entrance in Tomorrowland is sort of between The Carousel of Progress and RCA's Space Mountain ride....across from the People Mover.

Yeah - okay - you must have also ridden on the - what's that Eastern Airline ride called? Don't you just love to fly w/Eastern Airline?:crazy:

If You Had Wings, you mean....heck yeah I rode it! You don't even need a ticket for that!

If You Had Wings, you mean....heck yeah I rode it! You don't even need a ticket for that!

Now I'm confused. I'm sure that's called Delta Dream Flight. I always ride it right after I take the Skyway from Fantasyland. Don't you just love that 3D movie they have in Fantasyland now?

Wait a minute..."If You Had Wings"...you mean that's the name of the movie?...heck, I thought that it was called "Flight Into Imagination".

Nope...if you're referring to the attraction across from Mission to Mars and next to Monsanto's Circle Vision 3D theater, that would be If You Had Wings. That is...unless you have inside information that Delta is trying to take over Eastern's spot?!?

What 3D movie in Fantasyland? I can't believe I missed that! I saw Peter Pan's Flight, it's a small world, Dumbo, Snow White's Adventures, The Mickey Mouse Revue, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, 20K Leagues, the Teacups and the Carousel....no movie though. Please don't tell me one of these was recently closed.

WDWOLDTIMER - Me thinks you need to pick up the rotary dial phone and book a flight (w/Eastern Airlines no less) to WDW and see what changes have been made since your real last visit - which was in 1977. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!