WDW food traditions - what are your "must-haves"?

I can't add to this thread because this year will be our first time really eating at the parks/resorts. I'm really excited and this thread is great! I'm taking notes. :goodvibes

More than one DOLE WHIP :cloud9::cloud9:

dinner at BOMA :wizard:

a Sweet Almond Pretzel from the Norway pavillion

the Tuna Sandwich at Columbia Harbour house :upsidedow

a walk through the Main Street Bakery- whether I bite or not , it's a must-do:)

It's delish...Used to be a lot better though...Gooey eewwy chocolate chunkie slabs of cookies...Yumm.Also Yes the American adventure is awesome, & bring a few hankies...

1 more thing..I too never ever had a dole whip...Whats wrong with me..LoL :confused3

That's OK, I had my first in 2010 and couldn't believe that I had passed them by for so long.

1. Pizza from Via Napoli
2. Soft serve twist from the kiosk in France
3. No Way Jose ( peanutbutter :love: )
4. breakfast at Fresh
5. CA Grill for some sushi :woohoo:

Check out my blog about one of my favorite traditions, the cheese plate and baguette in the France Pavilion at EPCOT :angel: (and maybe a Kir Royale to wash it all down)

Oh this thread is making me think of a day trip all by my lonesome ... to eat at each park ... maybe head over to some resorts. Too bad it can't happen until the fall ... but I think it's going to happen.

We don't have any must do's for our vacations, but we like to make sure we try something new each trip. Our biggest tip for this is sharing! We love to eat our way around the world, but I always have to have a Grey Goose slushie in France and an egg roll in Epcot.

Three years later, and my 7 year old still cries about how she slept through the bread pudding at Ohanas.

Dinner at Boma
Tuna sandwich at Columbia Harbour House
Lefse at Kringla Bakery
Frozen Sunshine to go from Beaches and Cream
and Mickey Bar or two

Another vote for the Dole Whip!!! :goodvibes
We also make sure to get the mac n' cheese at WPE and a funnel cake at Sleepy Hollow in MK. Oh, and the cookies and cream ice cream sandwich for the kids and a Mexico margarita for me!!!

There are so many things we like but we must have a burger from Pecos Bills, a cinnamon bun from main street, Mickey head ice cream bar, popcorn from Frontier Land.

I have to go to Kona! I love all there food, but I can not come to the World without a chocolate banana creme brulee! Drooooooooooool.

First morning character breakfast at Crystal Palace
Have to have Caseys Hot dog in MK
Kona's cafe or Yachtclub for a steak
a must on arrival night is Rain Forest at DTD (has became a tradition)
Cape May for one meal
Prime Time diner
Tusker House for breakfast with the Donald
Hollywood and Vine for breakfast
Captains Grill
we then try others each trip as well along with some old ones
like -Garden Grill with Mickey
Le Cellier in canada
Tony's
Mexico in Epcot
Fultons in DTD
we do stay away from chef Mickeys last four years bad food and bad service

School Bread from Kringla in Norway
Anything from Flame Tree BBQ
Mickey chocolate ears ice cream bar
Mickey chocolate ears rice krispy treat
lobster roll from Columbia Harbour House
Popcorn from anywhere in MK
DOLE WHIP!!!!!!!!

1. Mickey ears ice cream bar
2. Dole whip
3. Pretzel at Germany
4. Dark Chocolate salted caramel in Germany
5. Dark chocolate dipped pineapple spear w/caramel in Germany :thumbsup2
6. Tomato Soup at Sanaa (I know, pretty lame, but it's soooo good)

1) Lobster bisque and king crab claws at Fulton's
2) Dole Whip
3) Jambo's (/) Ribs at Rainforest Cafe
4) Turkey dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern

I forget what they are called but the cinnamon sugar roll up things in Norway, heaven! It's a must every time we go. They make this Norwegian girl very happy.

- The cinnamon rolls at Pop Century. I know they're probably identical to the ones everywhere else but I swear to Walt they taste better when they come from Everything Pop
- One of everything from Auntie Gravity's: strawberry banana smoothie, french vanilla iced coffee float, regular old soft serve - don't make me pick one!
- At least one trip to Pecos Bills, if only to load up my plate with mushrooms and cheese sauce (yummm)
- Churros are a must
- And somewhere along the way, a box of Disney popcorn. It just tastes better in Disney!

If we were to do a special Food and Wine edition (I'm already drooling) I'd like to add the Cheese soup from Canada, Apple Strudel from Germany and the entire Cheese booth.

Our traditions are:

- On our first full day at Disney we always go to Epcot, and with that we always have to have a Breakfast ADR for Akershus before the park opens. Then for lunch we always have to eat at Le Cellier (Cheddar Cheese Soup with Pretzel bread, Mushroom Filet with Risotto, Chocolate "Moose" dessert)

- Can't go to MK without getting a Dole Whip Float :cloud9:

- Can't go to DHS without having some popcorn, we always get it right after we ride TSM, so we always go to the snack cart right across the away from the attraction.

- Eat at California Grill....I love the Shrimp Tempura Sushi (yes I am a wimp :goodvibes), the Oakfired Filet of Beef, and whatever dessert fancies me that night.

- We love having breakfast at Cape May Cafe anytime during our trip :goodvibes

- This has been a tradition the last couple of trips and it seems like it is going to stay for awhile, but have Breakfast at Crystal Palace before the park opens on our first full MK day.

- My girls and I have a tradition to have Afternoon Tea at the GF while DH goes and finds something else to do for lunch, then we all meet up at the MK for some fun and more Dole Whip Floats :goodvibes

- Then of course we can't walk around WS without stopping for a visit to the Caramel shop in Germany....I love the chocolate/caramel covered Strawberries and then I have recently found my new love in the Caramel/marshmallow roll :cloud9:.

As you can see by my signature, we go to Disney a lot, therefore we have a ton of other traditions, but didn't feel like writing a novel about them....however, the above are our most favorite traditions.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter