WDW Annual Pass Timing Speculation

They fully plan to bring back the WDW APs. It's just a matter of the timing.
Nobody is saying they are never coming back. They will most likely follow the Disney Land route and make them available for a limited time.

There really is no reason that DVC shouldn’t have AP access. We are among the highest affinity group and are, obviously, big spenders. We have a “class” carve out where justifying giving us access is reasonable. We do not make up a large enough percentage of the park admission where over-crowding (like they care) should be an issue. This is a money grab plain and simple. A gross and abusive one aimed at the most loyal fan base at that. It’s really a disgusting practice when you think about the level of commitment and money we have put towards guaranteeing them business and profits.
There is a reason not to give DVC AP access. They are already locked into visiting Disney and they already have their money.

The key to everything that's happening is to remember this is a different Disney. Their focus is more on quarterly numbers over guest satisfaction.

You can wait. That is your choice. Beliefs, opinions and hope are not facts. But, you can wait.
I am not waiting. I am letting people know you are wrong.

I base what I say on facts, but you can believe what you wish based on your own words.

Nobody is saying they are never coming back. They will most likely follow the Disney Land route and make them available for a limited time.
I was more responding to Ms. Bibbidi indirectly, and wanted to reassure people that they are coming back. I don't post much here anymore/lately, but I know this is a big topic for a lot of people... so I wanted to at least try to do that much.

What facts? What is your source?
A direct response to the question of if APs are coming back from someone in management of Disney Parks.

There's a lot of pieces still in motion since the firing of Chapek. This is one, so is the DDP once the time is right, so are a few other things people are going to really like. Give it some time. Good things are coming.

“Someone in management”. Disney has about a thousand levels of management. Could be a “cast Member supervising a shift to Iger. Obviously we have gotten a lot of wrong information from my wife’s cousin Vinnie’s ex-girlfriend’s sister’s friend who used to be employed by Disney … . Citing a source takes more than that to be reliable and persuasive. Especially after other statements by Chapek, Iger, D’Amaro and McCarthy. Sorry. Ineffective rebuttal without the details.
And giving a source gets them fired. I have my proven track record. I understand that anyone on the Internet can say anything they want. I get it. Believe me... or don't. Either way we will see what happens.

Like I said before, I really don't post here lately. I saw this topic and some of the negativity, and wanted to reassure people that they are coming back. I'm not giving dates or anything specific. Not here to argue or prove myself.

DVC does have AP access as long as they are Florida residents and buy the Pixie pass.
But, based on DVC status alone, no, at least there has been no "special carve-out" for the last 14 months. I have heard some posters say, all you have is a room.
I don’t understand the point of your response…? I know that FL residents have access to the pixie pass, if they’re a DVC member that’s incidental. I know that DVC members outside of FL residents haven’t had a carve out. They should and that’s my stance.
If you’d like to make a cogent argument against that, have at it. I don’t know what the point of your previous comment was though.

I don’t understand the point of your response…? I know that FL residents have access to the pixie pass, if they’re a DVC member that’s incidental. I know that DVC members outside of FL residents haven’t had a carve out. They should and that’s my stance.
If you’d like to make a cogent argument against that, have at it. I don’t know what the point of your previous comment was though.
Completely agree. DVC members should always have access to APs. Without them there's really no reason left to buy direct, not that there's a great argument to do so even then... Minus the Riviera restriction.

Completely agree. DVC members should always have access to APs. Without them there's really no reason left to buy direct, not that there's a great argument to do so even then... Minus the Riviera restriction.
So, this is where I think part of the rub will come in. DVC sales have been dropping over the past few months and VGF2 is not performing as most expected it would. I am going to assume that DIsney will notice.

Many DVC owners own enough points to go multiple times a year. That really only works with AP availability. Now, this may not hurt “new sales” or those to new members to DVC, but I suspect that it very much affects “add-on sales” in which existing members add more points to their membership. Without the AP, there’s not a lot of incentive to add-on more points, which depresses sales. Like everything with economics, there are trade-offs.

One thing that I’ve seen discussed for WDW on various sites is an AP that requires an on-site stay. Not sure if they’d go that direction, but not only would it incentivize DVC sales, it would keep the hotels full…

Sorry. Ineffective rebuttal without the details.
Rebuttal to what facts? You've made a really strong statement that you are giving up on the APs and they aren't coming back. Nobody said that, and there's no facts to support that. If I were counting Disney beans, first thing I'd do is cut Incredipass, and they are still allowing renewals into it. I have a very dim view of Disney corporate right now, and even I think a forever cut is not likely.

Just a few months ago, you were saying this is all the lawsuit. Well, it's a few months later, Disney is still hog wild on park reservations and selling Magic Keys, so it doesn't seem to care about the lawsuit at all.

Forever is a long time. APs will be back. Maybe not in the legacy form, but they will be back.

DVC sales have been dropping over the past few months
This is seasonal more than anything. If you go back over the data, you'll see it happens every year. When I compared DVC to the other pure timeshare play I watch closely, they were doing very comparably coming out of the pandemic.

My speculation is resumption of new sales of the Incredi-pass, Sorcerer pass and Pirate pass, as they exist, is not likely in the foreseeable future.
OK, so you're speculating like the rest of us. You don't have to be rude to people, and act like their "hope is not facts" while your hope is facts.

Disney's decisions have been all over the place. There are a lot of "facts" to support any speculation at this point. I think an April Fools Day release for a few hours (with website issues) would be on brand at this point.

I think there needs to be very low exceptions of when they come back and availability. There is a ton of pent up demand for them right now and when they go on sale they may not stay onsale for very long. Disney for both Land and World have made it clear there are only so many passes out there to be had.

And giving a source gets them fired. I have my proven track record. I understand that anyone on the Internet can say anything they want. I get it. Believe me... or don't. Either way we will see what happens.

Like I said before, I really don't post here lately. I saw this topic and some of the negativity, and wanted to reassure people that they are coming back. I'm not giving dates or anything specific. Not here to argue or prove myself.
FWIW, I appreciate your posts. I was an out of state Plat, took the extension during the closures and was grandfathered into Incredi-pass, but let it lapse last year because work got crazy and just did not allow for the pick up and go trips I used to do. That has changed now, but now I have no AP. I know there is a lot of talk about people within easy driving distance but there were also a lot of APs in the NY/NJ/CT area because flights to MCO are so cheap and plentiful from here. I can't remember the last time I even paid for a flight to WDW, I almost always fly down on B6 via TrueBlue points. And just anecdotally, a lot of those folks are heading to Uni instead or looking to other destinations. For personal/ethical reasons Uni is off the table for me so I'm just not taking trips like I once did. And I'd like to, despite all the kvetching online. The negative talk has been a real bummer. Been praying I can update my 10 day hopper by the time my gf and I go at the end of May. I always stay on property, nearly always in a deluxe (except Gran Destino), etc. The room discounts made it a no brainer for how I like to Disney and pretty much paid for the pass. Not having one for our upcoming trip meant the difference between cutting out CL at the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter