WDW Annual Pass Return Guesses?

When did they stop selling the AP?

They started selling 9/8/21, but do you mind if I ask when they stopped selling ?? On What date?

I’m just curious. It just seems crazy that they stopped selling AP’s (the sorcerer pass?)
I believe it was right before Thanksgiving

When did they stop selling the AP?

They started selling 9/8/21, but do you mind if I ask when they stopped selling ?? On What date?

I’m just curious. It just seems crazy that they stopped selling AP’s (the sorcerer pass?)

I don't really think it seems crazy. When the passes were announced in August 2021, it was also announced that they could become unavailable at any time. People didn't take them seriously when Disney offered that disclaimer. Technically they could still take away the Pixie, and all of the people who are still on the fence about those are going to get upset and claim they were caught off guard, too. But we were warned.

Correct. It was November 22, 2021. The Disneyland Magic Key lawsuit was filed on November 9 and may have something to do with WDW halting AP sales as well.

Seems like they could just offer a new one going forward with the new "Park Reservation Needed" condition. At least for WDW-I know many who would have no issue with that at this point.

The truth is, even if Disney decided to raise the AP prices to above $2k a year, it would still be a good deal than to buy individual tickets for most locals who want to go to the parks like they go to the mall. Disney knows this, and raising the price of APs significantly is the only real way to control the crowding problem that EVERYONE hates. Don't get me wrong, Disney also needs the steady business of locals coming in their parks. But currently, they must be getting more than enough business from out-of-state tourists to not need the locals with APs.

The truth is, even if Disney decided to raise the AP prices to above $2k a year, it would still be a good deal than to buy individual tickets for most locals who want to go to the parks like they go to the mall. Disney knows this, and raising the price of APs significantly is the only real way to control the crowding problem that EVERYONE hates. Don't get me wrong, Disney also needs the steady business of locals coming in their parks. But currently, they must be getting more than enough business from out-of-state tourists to not need the locals with APs.

I would be for an AP that works on rewards points. You get points for onsite stays, DVC stays, onsite dollars spent for drinks dining merch. The more points the more days avail.

Heck if you spend enough, the AP Renewal is free.

So we were able to “luck” into APs this past September…. And now wonder if we should renew. We are from out of town, and was hoping for AP’s every other year (with two trips in a year).

We had not planned on renewing….

We are now rethinking that strategy.

So we were able to “luck” into APs this past September…. And now wonder if we should renew. We are from out of town, and was hoping for AP’s every other year (with two trips in a year).

We are the same. From Hawaii, and upgraded our 5-day passes to Believe Keys in October. We will make 3 trips so it made sense but next year, we will probably make only one trip so it doesn't make sense to renew but we also don't want to lose them......

We are the same. From Hawaii, and upgraded our 5-day passes to Believe Keys in October. We will make 3 trips so it made sense but next year, we will probably make only one trip so it doesn't make sense to renew but we also don't want to lose them......
So frustrating!!!

Last edited:
Renewals for when the people who bought into the new program start in august it will be interesting to see if they will be able to renew into “sold out” tiers (like people who moved from the old system to the new between September 9th-present) or if it will be like California where you can ONLY renew into the open tiers (pixie dust at present)

I think especially with what’s going on behind the scenes Disney is going to go heavy handed into bringing in once in a life time out of state/international visitors VS locals as they spend more

They won't be getting as many UK visitors going forward unless something drastic changes to the exchange rate. Pre 2016 we were used to getting $1.60 to the UK pound. Now, it's around $1.28. That's a big difference, especially with the increased prices. We won't be heading over to WDW every year from now on as we just can't afford it, despite our income being roughly the same as it was. Other's on the UK boards are saying the same thing. The euro is also having the same low exchange rate.

Renewals for when the people who bought into the new program start in august it will be interesting to see if they will be able to renew into “sold out” tiers (like people who moved from the old system to the new between September 9th-present) or if it will be like California where you can ONLY renew into the open tiers (pixie dust at present)

I think especially with what’s going on behind the scenes Disney is going to go heavy handed into bringing in once in a life time out of state/international visitors VS locals as they spend more
Doubtful seeing how out of state AP holders can't buy Pixie Dust AP

If Disney pushes out AP and no longer offers any AP to anyone they'll be pretty much the only theme park in the county to do so. Could they? Sure, their park, their rules. But AP holders spend money in their parks too. They aren't loosing money on them just because they don't buy tickets. Plenty of people like me make more trips to Disney because they have AP. Take that away, the trips go away. Total money spent will be way less. Well, total money spent at Disney will be way less. Universal on the other hand, they'll get way more. It's already doubled just because I can go there without a reservation. We've spent more days at Universal the last 2 years then we did the previous 4, all due to the park reservations. I'm not the only one.

Agreed we had universal military passes last year which were a great deal and the ease of deciding to go that weekend and not having to make reservations was huge. We went back to Disney this spring and found all the planning to be off-putting. We will be going back to universal this year and maybe from now on.

Since WDW doesn’t have the same no show policy for APs (yet) that DL does if there is a weekend/day we think we may go we just book a reservation….like Mother’s Day we have a reservation for Epcot but it’s a matter of if a) if my BIL is going to be with us as he has no pass b) if we want to go to that park still considering we are going the 19th for GoTG preview (it’s our only option as I believe all parks are sold out that day)

I'm in the same boat. I have the out of state, non DVC, most expensive one. I converted tickets I had back in Sept. so technically had maybe one day on that AP, then a 4 day trip in Dec. and a 5 day trip in April and have another 5 day trip booked in August so totally got my money's worth out of it. I've had APs on and off for the last 15 years. Some years I renewed, some years I let them lapse for a year or so then got them again, depending on my schedule. I live in Georgia so it's just a 7 1/2 hour drive and easy enough to pop down. I wasn't going to renew for next year because I know I only have one trip planned between Sept. (when they expire) and the next Sept.

It's always been about the ticket price for me, I never factored in discounts or MM (which was free at the time) parking, etc. Just the cost of the ticket. While I know just one trip during a year will be considerably less ticket wise then the price of just buying the tickets, I'm not sure if I want to run the risk of not being able to buy them again after that year passes. My situation is I'm semi-retired right now with a small income coming in. In 17 months I'll start drawing SS. The company I work for is in the process of slowly shutting down so I only have about 2 months of guaranteed income, after that I live on my savings until I start drawing SS. I have plenty of savings to live on, and could even afford more than one trip but I see no reason to blow through that. My SS will be way more than I'm actually drawing in income right now so I'll be able to start going back to WDW at least 2 times a year after that.

Decisions, decisions.

Perhaps at this point with the California litigation having survived Disney’s motion for dismissal, the realistic question is whether sales of new annual pass as we know them will return at all. If Disney cannot use park reservations and separate buckets to throttle passholders not using approved resorts, then there may well be significant changes to the frequent visitor programs. They have many pricing options available other than annual passes and blockout calendars. I would not be surprised is this all changes.

Probably in Nov just after the end of the 50th anniversary, assuming the lawsuit is settled.

They won't be getting as many UK visitors going forward unless something drastic changes to the exchange rate. Pre 2016 we were used to getting $1.60 to the UK pound. Now, it's around $1.28. That's a big difference, especially with the increased prices. We won't be heading over to WDW every year from now on as we just can't afford it, despite our income being roughly the same as it was. Other's on the UK boards are saying the same thing. The euro is also having the same low exchange rate.
UK visitors have specially priced tickets already that are FAR CHEAPER than tickets US residents can buy.

£479 ($506) for an adult 14-day ticket WITH Genie+, Park hopper Plus and the PhotoPass. (18 days total)

The US doesn't even have a 14 day ticket - the 10 day ticket in the US with those options costs over $800. (14 days total)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter