WDW Annual Pass Return Guesses?

UK visitors have specially priced tickets already that are FAR CHEAPER than tickets US residents can buy.

£479 ($506) for an adult 14-day ticket WITH Genie+, Park hopper Plus and the PhotoPass. (18 days total)

The US doesn't even have a 14 day ticket - the 10 day ticket in the US with those options costs over $800. (14 days total)
I understand why they offer this to UK residents. But that is a fantastic deal, offer that to everyone.

UK visitors have specially priced tickets already that are FAR CHEAPER than tickets US residents can buy.

£479 ($506) for an adult 14-day ticket WITH Genie+, Park hopper Plus and the PhotoPass. (18 days total)

The US doesn't even have a 14 day ticket - the 10 day ticket in the US with those options costs over $800. (14 days total)
Wow, I would buy those and go at least twice a year with those prices. I have to buy 7 ten day tickets when we go now.

The pass with the Genie + is £587 or $734. ($52 per day) They only give us this because they know we come for 2 weeks minimum and they want to keep us away from Universal. 3 years ago, when we last came, we could get a 3 week ticket for around £480 or £600 ($28 per day) That's quite a hike, especially when everything else is 9% more just because of the exchange rate, never mind the price hikes, and don't get me started on car hire and flights . The price has doubled. Our happy 3 week trip has turned into a 3 week trip with just 14 days in the parks and no car get further afield. It's cost us all of our 3 years worth of covid holiday savings to go this year. Without an annual pass, we won't be going next year. It's cheaper to go to Tokyo for 2 weeks.

The pass with the Genie + is £587 or $734. ($52 per day) They only give us this because they know we come for 2 weeks minimum and they want to keep us away from Universal. 3 years ago, when we last came, we could get a 3 week ticket for around £480 or £600 ($28 per day) That's quite a hike, especially when everything else is 9% more just because of the exchange rate, never mind the price hikes, and don't get me started on car hire and flights . The price has doubled. Our happy 3 week trip has turned into a 3 week trip with just 14 days in the parks and no car get further afield. It's cost us all of our 3 years worth of covid holiday savings to go this year. Without an annual pass, we won't be going next year. It's cheaper to go to Tokyo for 2 weeks.
I wish they offered this to Hawaii residents.

I wish that was their general policy- that regardless of where you live, if you book a minimum of 14 nights onsite you can get this special ticket offer.

Its funny they see staying 14 nights plus as a benefit in that case but I recently had to break my 16 night stay into two reservations to apply a discount because it only applied for stays up to 14 nights 🤷‍♀️

Either way its still a pretty awesome deal available for you but I agree that major price increases are quite frustrating.

I wonder if it isn't because its a small demographic of US-based guests that would have the ability to go over a 14+ day vacation. It may be more common for Europeans since they have much more holiday/PTO time and have less issues taking them. This way Disney can maximize this small demographic of US-based guests to force them into two reservations, potentially lessing discounts and maximizing prices for things like park tickets? Just an observation that may be inaccurate.

There are many who believe the pause has to do with the pending litigation in California. There was hope of a quick resolution, but last week the judge ruled there is sufficient evidence for the litigation to proceed. Disney will most likely not offer new AP's until they know for sure if there is any liability with the current bucket reservation system.

There are many who believe the pause has to do with the pending litigation in California. There was hope of a quick resolution, but last week the judge ruled there is sufficient evidence for the litigation to proceed. Disney will most likely not offer new AP's until they know for sure if there is any liability with the current bucket reservation system.
Ugh another dilemma to add to my never ending list. Should we renew in a few months???

Ugh another dilemma to add to my never ending list. Should we renew in a few months???
definitely a very personal question. We have the believe keys and I think we'll end up only making one trip next year but I think we're going to renew so we don't lose them.

There will always be a Florida resident AP. Who do you think they turn to for revenue everytime there is a recession?
And locals spend LOTS of money on food & drink without taking up much room on attractions. It's a place they go to socialize, dine, sit at bars etc. With Disney prices it's pouring money in the bank.

And locals spend LOTS of money on food & drink without taking up much room on attractions. It's a place they go to socialize, dine, sit at bars etc. With Disney prices it's pouring money in the bank.
Yup but they only look at it at the level of pass cost per day versus ticket cost 🙄 not the fact that every time we go we likely spend about $100 a person for food drinks and what have you.

We have universal passes and we barely ride the rides, we just walk around, shop, and if there's a ride with a surprisingly short line we might hop in the queue.

INSTEAD, some of us locals would sooner resort to getting cast members we know to give us comp tickets and then wind up spending less than they intend lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter