WCC- Skillet

disneywith4boys

Mouseketeer
I have two questions about the skillet- does anyone else ever sample some of the offerings off the platter if only one person in your party orders it? I'm talking about when everyone in the party has a seperate order, not trying to share the platter when only one person orders it? Also, what if a parent were to order an adult meal, and a kid were to order the kids skillet, and they swithched, but didn't ask for refills? I'm thinking once the foods on your table, its yours to eat how you want it, right? I'm really not trying to start an mean debate, but if enough have a good reason it wouldn't be right, I won't consider it.
pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Flame up!!:lmao: No seriously. I don't know what Disney will say, but I would see no problem with that. Especially if, as you said, you aren't asking for refills.

Somewhere along the line, I have read that if part of a dining party orders the all you can eat skillet, and other party members order individual entrees, and your server sees one of the individual meal people eating/sampling from the skillet, the "offending" eater will be charged not only for their individual meal, but also for the full price of an ayce skillet. I would imagine this would be at the servers discression, but who knows. Personally, I wouldn't risk paying for a second meal when I've only partaken in a couple of bites. Eat your own meal.;) :rotfl:

There is alot of food on that skillet. I gave a peice of chicken to my son. Nobody said anything. Mind you, I didn't get refills as it is way too much food!

Yum, it is good!

Charleyann

In May of 07 I ordered the skillet while my husband ordered an entree other than the skillet. At the time, the skillet came with smoked sausage (which I do not eat...to o greasy for me) and I gave it to my husband without anyone saying a word...however, I did not ask for refills. I really do not think anyone would say anything to you as long as he was just "taste testing".

IF you don't ask for refills, whose business is it who eats out of whose plate???

Yes, thats what I was thinking, but I would be horrified if the waiters thought I was trying to "cheat them" and called me on it. I remember the last time we went, 2 years ago, DS was finished, and a nice hunk of cornbread was left on his plate, and I wondered if I should eat it or not. Waistline aside, which was of course telling me "no", I did it anyway.
pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

We were there last year on our first trip to WCC and both of us were going to order the skillet. Our waiter told us not to and for just one to order the skillet and the other to get something else that we would both want to share. So we ordered one skillet and one prime rib and shared both. We asked for more cornbread, shrimp, and chicken. Really shouldn't have asked for the chicken as the "Bottomless Milkshakes" had already filled us up. Since it was the waiter's suggestion to only order one skillet we didn't see anything wrong with sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter